analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Mods Allowed To Count
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 47 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
46. 100! - January 13, '23 at 22:19 pm, 9 users, 3 days 21 hours 28 minutes.
disastermaster30 (2), R2D21999 , Mattchstick, saint of gaming, nichodemus (2), Widestsinger, sciller45 (3), TheMostManlyMan (1), HalRazor
47. 100! - April 4, '23 at 12:25, 9 users, over 29 days.
TheMostManlyMan (1), saint_of_gaming , Widestsinger , SirLegendary (2), nichodemus (2), danwar123, sciller45 (3), HalRazor , disastermaster30 (3)
- 77,828 Replies
45. Kingdom Rush, Raze, ShellShock Live (still on steam tho) and most of all, Bad Eggs Online.. That game is what made me make an account. Those were the best times
46. I loved it when Gemcraft, Sonny and The Last Stand came out. I forgot when that even was.
47. It was in a simpler time. That's when. I didn't really have friends in my early teens so I spent most of my Saturdays doing nothing but playing and talking on AG
48. I still see a future for browser games though it would be like a Rookie league thing (for those of you who are familiar with minor league baseball ) instead of a single A or high A league thing with mobile taking most of the money unfortunately. Basically just a way to see if young game developers have what it takes to go pro or not without the quality and depth of the old days.
49. And there are still a fair number of surprisingly good browser games, but they're on itch.io, and I don't think I've seen any of them make their way to AG for some reason.
50. We've made it to the half way line
51. Unfortunately, that's probably because AG is practically dead at this point.
52. To some extent, certainly, but when I discovered itch.io (and to be fair the last time I really used it) was probably 4 or 5 years ago, when AG was much more lively.
53. Are all of the free games on there that good?
54. Hoping AG can last in the decades to come!
55. I hope so too; I really love this site.
56. I'll be honest, it's been quite some time since I've really been on there, but there are at least a fair few games that are really quite good. One I've always been fond of is call Sheepwith.
I'd also like to see AG last for the ages. I've invested so much onto this emotionally and with my time
57. Maybe they could host game jams every so often, and the top non-professional developers who won these game jams could develop their product into a good game with quests. I'd like to see some way to match the quality of the old days and keep the site commercially viable despite the fact that there isn't an easy way. The possibility of merging with Steam occurred to me, but in that case, there would be no clear point of having two different systems since Steam already has free games and no bottom quality limit.
58. Hello there @nichodemus, kinda missed seeing you around here!
59. As much as I really hate to say it, I think the days of browser games is no longer viable, not for AG anyway. Newer sites might be able to make it work, but a company like AG that's been around this long and had such success back in the day probably can't survive on browser games alone anymore. Sad as it is, I think their move to non-browser publisher was likely their best and only move.
You must be logged in to post a reply!