ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78396 46150166
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,396 Replies
ScoobySnax
ScoobySnax
29 posts
Scribe

47. Wasn't around in 2012 on this site. I somehow never got the pirate day or halloween day quest, but somehow I managed to report a bug and got that one done.

Solas128
Solas128
144 posts
Scribe

48. Yeah, there were times when I should of gotten the pirate day and halloween day quest, but I wasn't online on those days.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

Anyone remember the hype around the armor games beta / upgraded website. Maybe 2012ish.

One of the best times was when one was able to chat here with friended users.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

50. Ah, 50. Y'know, funny I got this number, I just started to work on a little project that, uh. Literally no one here would remember... But it has a little something to do with the number 5 and the relentless passage of time. Knowing myself, that latter part is to be expected at this point. *khm khm*.

Anyways, never used chat much. Something about the pressure of it all, having to come up with things to say on the spot? I can do it in an instant on a forum post, but the moment it's something live, it's like my brain get blocked.

Widestsinger
Widestsinger
313 posts
Bard

51. Haha funny number

Solas128
Solas128
144 posts
Scribe

52. Every time I comment on games, the comment disappears when I leave and come back. That's why I prefer Forums.

ScoobySnax
ScoobySnax
29 posts
Scribe

53. I don't comment on games anymore. I usually play the older games and it would just seem weird to post on something that hasn't had a new comment in several years.

Widestsinger
Widestsinger
313 posts
Bard

54. For me it feels nice to leave a comment on something that’s old, maybe it’s just me then.

Solas128
Solas128
144 posts
Scribe

55. I usually prefer old games rather than new ones. Something about old games makes them better than modern games.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

56. Ah yes, I remember the old days of waiting for AG Versoin3.0 with a nice green upgrade. Maybe it's just how young I was, but I remember that being advertised for years, only for just a handful of the advertised changes to slowly come out over quite some time. It was a simpler, more hopeful time back then.

SirLegendary
SirLegendary
16,583 posts
Duke

57. Oh my, it's been 3 days since the last post? Oh boy. We need to keep the momentum up boys.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,778 posts
Chamberlain

58. Yeah, momentum here is getting a little concerning..

ScoobySnax
ScoobySnax
29 posts
Scribe

59. Now it seems like posts are at least back to once a day. I guess that's an improvement.

jimmycarlos
jimmycarlos
204 posts
King

60. It's good to see the counting is still going on. Nearly the ten year anniversary!

Widestsinger
Widestsinger
313 posts
Bard

61. I didn’t know it was that old!

Showing 77146-77160 of 78396