analytics and serving ads.
Forums → Forum Games → Count to 100: Mods Allowed To Count
The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!
HOW TO PLAY
1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.
No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.
No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.
COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".
Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!
bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.
2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.
USERS - 48 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2
LAST TWO WINS
47. 100! - April 4, '23 at 12:25, 9 users, over 29 days.
TheMostManlyMan (1), saint_of_gaming , Widestsinger , SirLegendary (2), nichodemus (2), danwar123, sciller45 (3), HalRazor , disastermaster30 (3)
48. 100! - July 20, '23 at 06:11, 15 users, 52 days.
saint_of_gaming , TheMostManlyMan (1), Solas128, Widestsinger , sciller45 (4), ScoobySnax, nichodemus (2), SirLegendary (2), GhostOfMatrix , Yellowcat (1), portarto, HalRazor , jimmycarlos , IllustriousIllusion, robsob20061017 
- 78,026 Replies
5. Oooooooh quests work now?
6. For the handful of games that are now supported anyway.
7. Kingdom rush frontiers works in a reasonably playable (at least on my machine) format with quests and online save.
8. I'm so mad today. Unity, the only game engine I'm familiar with, decided they didn't like being in business anymore so now I have to start learning a whole new game engine.
9. I had a Unity course a month ago, but I couldn't attend 'cause farmwork got too heavy. Having Unity speed off a cliff like a Cobra 11 car was... actually a relief.
10. Is unity going the way of Flash?
11. Eh, it'll probably still be the default engine for schools and colleges for another year or so until it's completely abandoned and the dust settles and a new game engine is crowned Indie King. Don't get me wrong, Unity might as well be abandoned at this point, there's no way they'll ever earn public trust back, but until the games fully stop releasing it'll still be the de facto Indie engine, so I'm sure it'll still be taught until people all migrate to a new engine and schools know the best to teach. A lot of people are thinking Unreal but my money is on Godot
12. If Unity goes the way of Flash with regard to making content unplayable, Armor Games might as well close the website down and become just an indie studio.
13. What do you mean? Unity isn't used for web games since Unity3D lost popularity. It can't export to HTML5. Startpage says Chrome stopped supporting Unity3D in 2015. Good riddance if you ask me.
I assume Godot will become indie king, yeah. It seems like a nice bridge between something light like Clickteam Fusion and something as heavy-duty as Unreal. But I admit I know little about 3D engines. I always thought 2D > 3D. In basically every situation to which this is applicable.
I recall seeing a Scirra (of Construct fame. Excellent name, BTW. Though perhaps lacking in the way of "L"s) wanting to set itself up as a new Flash. Especially with Construct Animate as a counterpoint to Flash's gaming-animation straddling. As much as I'd love a Newgrounds resurgence, I don't think that's happening.
14. Chrome stopped supporting it as-is, but it can be built in WebGL which most browsers to support. As far as I know most browser based games these days are created in Unity.
As for you, saint, don't worry, it's dying, but not in the same way as Flash did. Flash lived a long, fulfilling life and died surrounded by friends and family. Unity is a millionaire who's always had everything going right for him who decided to hang himself in the prime of his life. Flash died because it, as a platform, had amassed too many vulnerabilities that they simply couldn't keep fixing. Unity builds to WebGL for browser, which isn't going anywhere, so all the games will still be perfectly playable. The difference is Unity is dying because they made everyone hate them and betrayed everyone's trust, but everything already made on Unity will be fine... At least for browsers.. Many developers who have successful Unity games on Steam have threatened to take their games off all platforms January 1st... But hey, browser games will be fine!
15. Oh good, so I don't have to wait another millennium for a successful emulator for the Unity games on Armor.
16. Not in the foreseeable future at least
17. YARGGG! It's TLAPD today!!!!!!! have fun everyone!
18. It be TLAPD no more maties
19. YARRRR! I be learnin' standurd English by the minute! Though I be not understandin' what the problum with split infinitives be!
You must be logged in to post a reply!