ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78397 46165102
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,397 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

38. Who wouldn't think your character will be gone when there are 7 sequels incoming and a 3 new movies? Preposterous!

Eh, I guess now that I wrote it in, now it's canon. Hm.

Hammond was as much confused as terrified of the creature. The creature shrieked and started sinking faster. Hammond realized it wasn't Bjorn the creature took...

It was his TWIN BROTHER* *DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN*
*information may be entirely untrue

The creature was dragging with it Ichabod's half-rotten corpse. Looks like the beings, however dangerous they looked, were scavengers, feeding off the dead unlucky enough to be swallowed by Yurlungur.
Hammond rose up out of the viscous water, where he was dragged onto the ship.
"He's not there... Bjorn has... has left the land of the living..."

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

39. Hahaha I was thinking to take that second Bjorn too, that was an interesting position to start with xD I'll finally add something on next post.

N_ik0
N_ik0
12 posts
Jester

40. "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
Did I do it right?

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,829 posts
Duke

1. Well done, N_ik0--you did it right!

But sometimes, mods are just jerks and reset the count
(Also, we couldn't have you winning on your first attempt, now could we?)

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

2. It's a valuable life lesson! Or at least a valuable CT100 lesson

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

1. Mods generally aren't so mean. Generally. Come on in, we need brave soldiers in CT100! You will also get a shiny new quest if we win.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

3. Uhh, a restart :-/ I'll add RP in two parts so maybe it won't be that huge xD

Vegeirr
Balder stood for a while gaping into the depth. “Aight, might be it was his last bath.” For a while waves calmed down what usually made aggressive monsters retreating. In exchange all kinds of sea vultures were looming up from their dens. “When did Ichabod bite it? Was it like yesterday or two days ago? I lost time sense in this stinking beast’s guts.”
“Two days for my measure.” Answered Asger while scratching his long, red beard. “Two long, sleepless nights.”
“Don’t you think these two looked similar? I mean for a moment I was certain that’s Bjorn. I was almost getting ready to jump into the water.” said Balder with a meaningful smile.
“Almost… Would you really risk for that crawly? Did you see him fighting?” Asgar returned a knowing smile.
“I’m not sure. I jumped over some mule that was on my way when fighting but I didn’t see Bjorn anywhere.” Both bellowed with laughter.
“But you know – if it was really Bjorn and you rescued him we could make a ballad about this. It’s what a Christian knight does after all – saving a maiden in distress.” Another ripple of hoarse laughter ripped the silence after the storm.
Vegeirr listened to these two wondering how can they keep jollity after losing twenty good fighters in a short period of time. The boldest expedition of all time might prove a disaster. Instead of bringing back a loot that no man ever dreamed of they all might be slain by nightmares that no man ever dreamed of. Where is that golden island surrounded by the highest wall? Where are all the other promised miracles? They lost the guide on the second day. Nothing lost, warrior thought, all that fool did was panicking when there were attacks. And the stench Vikings smelt from him could mean his only reactions that weren’t verbal. Vegeirr saw that before monsters tore him to pieces all he had done was standing and shaking paralyzed. Anyone who can’t defend himself is sentenced to death on this deadly voyage and Vegeirr won’t stick his neck out for no-hopers. Viking took his hammer and went to eat some fish before the next meltdown.
Bjorn.
Valhalla didn’t look like he imagined. There was no hall, something that could be a rocky cavern instead. Unnatural dim light made it possible to observe surroundings but the fog devoured everything that was farther than three metres. He moved cautiously, even though somehow he knew the direction and that no obstacle will stand on his way. When he was walking he was looking around. Some vague figures were passing by but he didn’t see any details. Then he looked ahead and saw a woman in grey tattered rags standing next to him so he stopped. She was diseased with leprosy, that horrible illness his kin brought from England along with spoils. Illness was in advanced stadium so her face and arms were very distorted. Only her webbed hands didn’t match the image he saw during an epidemy. She reached with them to him and wailed in a squeaky voice: “Finally a strong flesh was brought to us. We needed you! You are as weak in soul but stronger in body. Oh, how we needed you…”
Bjorn quickly took a step back to avoid her touch but then decided to run past her, he needed to reach the destination. A few subsequent figures were looming up from the fog, this time from all the sides. They spotted him. All they were saying were greetings but their actions contradicted their seemingly well-affected words. Diseased people shouldn’t try to touch healthy ones. It’s their fault they angered gods, it’s their fall from glory! He always repeated these words. If he had such power, he would ban healing anything else than battle wounds. Now he would give anything to have that axe that was left stuck to the Skidbladnir’s deck. Only steel suits for touching such skanks.

N_ik0
N_ik0
12 posts
Jester

4. Nice wall of text!
I would read it but its long..
I'm going to assume its a great story though!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

5. @N_ik0 that was a hasty assumption I guess :-P We play RP with Sciller and if you like Viking climates feel free to join. But well, reading walls of text is kinda requirement for that xD

@sciller45 I send the rest of this part. BTW I used two names from your story, I hope you didn't have other plans for their personalities :-) You can treat Vegeirr as a companion to add in your posts - he is a berserk from Ulfr Clan. We have to think of a good mission now if not sorta main quest.

Bjorn 2-2
When abominations surrounded him from all sides and he thought he’s forced to use fists, they all stopped. Bjorn realized that he reached the destination. In front of him was a large, stark throne made of black stone. A few steps lead to it and it was banded with thick crimson ropes or plants, more than a score was reaching towards the ceiling, provided that there was one. For a moment Bjorn considered sitting on the throne. Even if he didn’t want to have anything to do with the weaklings, he felt as if he’s the only one worthy of the seat. But from behind the throne came a woman clad in simple black robes gird with a red rope. She had black hair, eyes and mouth. On her head Bjorn could spot black antlers… or where those huge spider legs? A black crown of eight huge spider legs. She could be called beautiful if not the unnatural grimace on her face indicating pure malice. She stood right in front of the steps and said “Why are you staring like that? We don’t have enough food. It is for men to react in hard times.”
Bjorn gaped at her and couldn’t decide what to ask first but then he saw that something changed around him. The diseased people were holding paddles. They stirred and started prodding with them at him. Bjorn dodged every blow or didn’t feel the ones that landed. All he knew is that hit might end fatal for him so he was whirling around, even performed a few jumps. When he was backpedalling to run from pursuers, he tripped over something and landed on furs. He spinned around and saw that he’s in a boat. A man rowing with two paddles was sitting next to him. Only then did Bjorn realize how his body has changed. He inclined head to look at his reflection in the water. He was a child.
“Bjorn we need more food… we don’t have enough food and it is for men to react in hard times. We have to save your mother and brother.” – his father said. There was a storm. Bjorn looked around and didn’t see any other boat. But he didn’t say anything. Even when thunderbolts ruptured the air and he was scared, he didn’t say a word. The boat was being tossed on big waves like if it was a toy. Father stood and took the fishing net. But he didn’t throw it into the water but instead on Bjorn. Viking knew what’s going to happen but this time he didn’t fight. He knew it’s pointless, he was too weak. A moment later he was tossed into the air and knew that the biggest battle is about to take place.
Bjorn opened his eyes. He was lying and saw a white veil in front of him. Before he realized he’s able to breathe despite of the material, he stood rapidly and tugged it with hands. He felt a violent sting of pain, so his eyes filled with tears. All he could see before passing out is that he’s in a brown, probably domed cave-like room. Above his head were vein-like lines which were illuminating the place with bluish glow.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

7. @PLGuy I like the name of the characters to align with their personality. For example, Tarben (Apparently meaning Bear of Thor) possesses greater-than-average strength. Though as long as you don't make Birger a selfish twat or Frode an idiot, then all is good.

I'll post my wall of text tomorrow after noon. @N_ik0 Feel free to join us!

lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

I like your haikus
They give personality
Hahaha lmao

N_ik0
N_ik0
12 posts
Jester

10. @sciller45 I'm going to stick to looking at big walls of text. I might change my mind though!

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

@sciller45 I had an idea about this longship and the captain so I post it as the end of Veg’s first post, I added roofed part with attached to the deck stumps and table which probably wasn’t implemented but well, it’s fiction xD
Vegeirr 1-2
He entered the small and sprung by attacks sterncastle. The inside was in unexpectedly good condition. Vegeirr took sit on a stump behind the wedged table. The only person that was still eating was the captain of Skidbladnir, seating in the middle, near the entrance to his little chamber (where, to crew irritation, he kept various goodie just for himself). His two bodyguards sat silently beside him while he was spinning a tale about his recent feats.
Although the captain insisted that every crew member called him with full name: Langley Hemming “Globetrotter” Jerriksson, nobody was doing so. Instead everyone called him Captain Quickly. It was a standing out figure. First of all, because of his bright red gambeson. The captain didn’t care that it provoked monsters, he was sure of his safety… and apparently strength. His armour was untied now and Vegeirr could spot gilded red silk robes, ornamented in golden orient motifs and an ivory necklace. As one of few on this ship, Quickly kept face clean-shaven. His blonde hair weren’t curly like on the beginning of the voyage what made him look a little bit more like a Viking and… less stupid. Old tattoos on his face matched his norse facial features but looked false when he was speaking. Captain had in his presumption distinguished manners which he developed thanks to travels to far corners of the known world where he traded goods, slaves and mercenaries. As Vegeirr acknowledged to his amazement, Quickly wore the title of an earl, precisely of Vestfold. Though, his continuous globetrotting rendered his wife, Helga, to be the true ruler of that land.
His bodyguards listened to him in silence. No wonder, Vegeirr thought, they can’t speak since their previous owner cut out their tongues. Captain named them Huginn and Muninn, two Africans clad in black garment, leather vests and steel vambraces. They kept two sabres each, in scabbards on their backs. They were twins so captain seemed to be the only one to recognize who is who. Even so he used to call them in by shouting “Left, right, quickly!” Therefore Vikings gave them names Left and Right for these rare occasions when somebody had to address them. The one who would be at the moment more to the left was respectively Left and vice versa.
“That Kraken had more than eight tentacles, I swear. How else would it be possible that I’ve cut myself ten of them, Veg?” Quickly said addressing the berserk but he only nodded in confirmation.
After eating a salmon warrior draw out his leather bundle in which he kept rage catalysts. The most important ingredient of all was a very potent booze. It was combined with stimulating herbs, grains, roots and fruits. Some of these were also poisonous but as a berserk of the Ulfr Clan he had been gradually inured to their deadly properties. Vegeirr thought it would be a good idea to consult with Hammond what kit he still had and maybe organize a little trade. After another look at the captain he thought that it would be also good to consult plans with someone that always keeps his feet on the ground. He smiled to himself when remembering Hammond being flung into the air. Almost always, he concluded. Maybe together they can talk some sense into Quickly and finally draw up to another island they see, even if it’s not incredible enough for captain’s liking.

lozerfac3
lozerfac3
978 posts
Farmer

13. I'm thinking I might change my username to TastesLikeChicken. I decided to ditch the ambigram idea. Hopefully TastesLikeChicken isn't too long.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

14. @sciller45 I take it that you dodn't want to go on with that RP... That's too bad, I'm kinda fascinated with the Viking Age and their mythology.

Showing 72361-72375 of 78397