ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Games Chat

78613 54965541
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,613 Replies
ismael6
ismael6
108 posts
Baron

23. You guys study awesome things! I also wanna study computer science, although I'm still an 11th grader so I might change my mind.

@ everyone else: As per the rules, you could have legitimately ignored that one. While the rules state not to post without number, it also states that "Posts with no numbers should be ignored" and "Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored". Just refer to that if it happens again.

(my reasoning I continued counting after the post above)
HalRazor
HalRazor
190 posts
Grand Duke

24. As a computer scientist, you wil never get problems finding a job. All the big companies are searching for IT-staff. During study, you will need al lot of mathematics, and logical thinking is very important.

Lea420
Lea420
130 posts
Templar

25. @Ghostloganmartin WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ?????

HalRazor
HalRazor
190 posts
Grand Duke

26. According to his profile, he is an "5 years old and extremey bored". So my guess is, his parents do not supervise his internet activities, and he expresses his frustration by annoying others.

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

27. I hope you're right as I sincerely hope that it won't disqualify our count if we make it to 100. I mean this isn't the first time he's trolled on this forum and the mods know this, so I really want to make absolutely sure that we'll be fine.

@Ghostloganmartin WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM ?????

Some people just love to be trolls. However, he's apparently an idiot who doesn't realize that he can easily be banned, again, for repeatedly disrupting the count. Except the ban can be permanent this time, which I think he should be if he didn't learn a lesson the first time. (I've never gotten into serious trouble on this website so I don't know much regarding bans and all that.)
HalRazor
HalRazor
190 posts
Grand Duke

28. The quote ismael6 posted was originally from the moderator HahiHa (the same who already banned the troll). So I think it also holds now.
Maybe the troll didn't get eough attention from his referece persons. This could result in inappropriate behaviour to get just any attention, from anyone.
Considering a permanent ban, this would probably result in losing his quests and forcing him to re-register under a different name. But maybe he just stops it if he does not get enough attention.

Lea420
Lea420
130 posts
Templar

29. let's move on ... What is Your Favorite Car ? Mine is Nissan 350Z Cabrio

sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

30. Addendum, but, to the beginning after writing everything I just wrote: It's a bit of a long post. I had a lot to say. Everything in between the tildes (~~~~~~~~ These squiggly lines) is mostly unimportant.
Howdy Guys! Remember that time UnleashedUponMankind removed my post and reset the count? That was me, and I got banned for a week again. Why? "Circumventing the filter". You know, despite not circumventing the filter at all. Who knows, maybe Unleashed thought "Stint" or "Tchaikovsky" or maybe "Petrojvic" was some code word for a Secret Sciller Swear Sword. (Yeah, alliteration!)
Anyways, I appealed it, and now instead of being banned for circumventing the profanity filter (rule #11), I was being banned for swearing (rule #10).

Is it inconsistent with how I was treated for the past 3 years I was here? Yeah. Fair? I hate to admit it, but yeah, I suppose. Will I be taking the everloving mickey out of it? Yes, sir.

An old rule is now being enforced. Be warned. And now, to repost my post while censoring the offending text.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(To HalRazor. Also, I don't think I've said Welcome, in which case... Welcome to the Count! Make sure to read the simplified rules and don't spilp (As defined in the rulebook) and feel free to raze Hal!) It will take longer than that, trust me. To top it off, I doubt people want to organize and complete it in an hour or so like we used to.

(To AP) Congrats on your 16,384th post. I doubt you'll get another 16,384 in what? 2 months? Perhaps we can find some other powers then?

(To SirLegendary) Don't worry. "Awhile since I posted" seems to be the norm.

I don't have any favorite songs or artists. Mostly something catches my ear and I listen to that on repeat for the next few weeks. Then I try to find other songs in the same genre/from the same artist, only to be left disappointed after not liking a single one of the other songs.

The last group I listened to was the Over The Garden Wall soundtrack and the Petrojvic Blasting Company. I also had one of these kinds of stints with C418 and Ennio Morricone (Rest in Peace, you magnificent [devil])

Generally, I can always find something from Romantic (period) composers (Specifically Tchaikovsky), but I've been fine not listening to anything for the past month-or-so.

Addendum: Come to think of it, I suppose the music I've been listening most was Fallout 4's music. Mostly in-game, although now I'm kinda sick of it. Except for "One more tomorrow". I can listen to that one all day long.
I also think that my next stint will probably be Damjan Mravunac (Undercode maybe?) and Serious Sam 4's music. So Metal, I guess. I honestly didn't expect anything that hard in my life. That's after listening to this song. The part at 2:16 IMO just makes the whole thing worth it (If you want to listen to it, listen to it whole, not just that part). The first time I listened to it, I felt, erm, very tingly all over. Like if for a moment, I turned into a primitive animal whose only purpose was to greedily shove more of whatever made me feel that way into my grotesque, gulping maw.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now to be relevant again, I am not a car person, so I don't have a favourite car. Although, I do like Tesla's concept.

And considering it's-a spooky month, here are some things that I find absolutely terrifying, in ascending order of Spooks-per-minute.

The movie: The Shining.
The painting: Saturn Devouring His Son. Not the Baroque one by Rubens, the realist one by Francisco Goya.
The Album / composition / Audio art(?) - The Caretaker - Everywhere at the End of Time. Fun Fact: It was based on The Shining. Which I learned just at the moment of writing. This song(?) is the reason I put the Shining at the beginning, actually. Turns out there's an actual connection. Creepy, yet cool!

the_fbk
the_fbk
26 posts
Prince

31. Generally Germans are good at Cars espically Mercedes, BMW, Audi.

Lea420
Lea420
130 posts
Templar

32. i love Japanese cars so much ❤️ and i love japan ❤️

sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

33. I'm going to assume you're trolling and continue on without you. The count has been invalidated for you, by the way.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

34. Well, I don't know much about cars, but yeah, Germany, Japan (and maybe Italy?) seem to make the nicest ones

RebelGamer_98
RebelGamer_98
347 posts
Treasurer

35. I don't have a favorite car, whatever gets me from Point A to Point B is fine enough for me. Currently, I drive a Mazda 3 but it's always having chronic car trouble due to the previous owner's negligence. Two weeks ago, the battery died two consecutive days in a row and I had to call the campus police both times to jumpstart it. Thankfully, the officer didn't seem to mind. I hope that someday I can get a car that I don't have to take to the mechanic every single month.[

cadenrcr2
cadenrcr2
2 posts
Scribe

Cinco, how many languages can we count in?

HalRazor
HalRazor
190 posts
Grand Duke

36. I think this is a post without a number, since it is a numeral word and not a number. And I am pretty sure that this was an intentional mistake. Shall we stay unimpressed and carry on? If we are wrong, HahiHa or another moderator will correct us when we reach 100...

@ everyone else: As per the rules, you could have legitimately ignored that one. While the rules state not to post without number, it also states that "Posts with no numbers should be ignored" and "Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored". Just refer to that if it happens again.
Showing 75451-75465 of 78613