ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Games Chat

78595 54751529
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,595 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,869 posts
Chancellor

9. Need for Speed Underground, maybe? Anyway, let me give something a shot...

On a caravel moored to port on the dwarf Eres, on the outer edge of the Kuiper belt stood 5 men. Gagged and with locks on their wrists that were linked together with heavy brass chains. A sizeable crowd had collected to see the ship set sail.

"Today, these five brave volunteers embark on a long exploratory expedition toward the star Altair of constellation Aquila. It will be a long and perilous journey. Over 5 parsecs. Around a full year on the caravel, God willing. Winds, too."

The admiral paused for a moment, then turned toward the ship.

"Sailors, hear! You will return as heroes or not at all!"

She motioned something to a man who then untied the ship from the pier. Another man threw a small, blue cube onto the deck of the ship. It rose into the air and the solar wind filled the sails, pushing the caravel into space.

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
658 posts
Shepherd

10. Cool story. Keep it coming.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,819 posts
Chamberlain

11. yeah yeah, give us a part 2!

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
658 posts
Shepherd

12. I often dream similarly.

Widestsinger
Widestsinger
350 posts
Bard

13. Came straight out of left field lol.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,819 posts
Chamberlain

14. I always have the strangest dreams. One dream from a few years ago I remember somewhat vividly was how I, through the most incoherent string of events imaginable, found evidence to prove that OJ Simpson was guilty, but alas I woke up right after discovering the necessary evidence but before I could find a judge to prove it to so we could lock him up. Needless to say it upsets me to this day that I couldn't finish that dream XD

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
658 posts
Shepherd

15. Don't forget the starfish people and the giant brain.

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
658 posts
Shepherd

17. No certainly not. It is ideas for @sciller45's story that I have dreamt about.

Widestsinger
Widestsinger
350 posts
Bard

18. "Last online 14 minutes ago", reminds me of the days where this thread was actually active and I checked more then twice a day.

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
658 posts
Shepherd

19. I'm back online again.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,819 posts
Chamberlain

20. Come on Sciller! We're all chomping at the bit for part 2!

sciller45
sciller45
2,869 posts
Chancellor

21. Doesn't come from left field. More a long, now-perhaps-forgotten tradition. Sorry about the delay, just busy and sick.

The blue block of ice leapt over the taffrail and hit the rightmost man in the eye, then dropped down with a dull thud and slowly slid towards the stern. He stared the block of ice down, then, noticing something encased inside leapt at it, bringing down the rest of the crew, still chained at the wrists.

He grabbed the ice block and started hitting it against the deck. The second man, a bearded fury scowling with impatience, he grabbed the block from his hands, held it over his head, and smashed it against the deck. The block shattered. A shard with a small bronze object inside slid past the third man, a hulking visage who just eyed it, to the fourth.

The fourth picked the shard up and dug his nails into it, methodically carving out the small key within. His hands turned bright red then numb then painful, so he passed the key to the fifth man. The fifth rubbed his hands together and held the key between them until the ice was melted. Then, he passed the key back to the fourth.

The fourth gave the fifth a blank stare, shook his head and tried to unlock the chains around his own wrists, but the handcuffs forced his wrists to bend outward. In the meanwhile, the first man crawled up to the fourth and brandished his cuffs.

The fourth reluctantly unlocked the first's cuffs. The first unwound the gag in his mouth and took a deep breath. He started to unlock the fourth's cuffs, scanned the faces of the other crew and asked:

"Right. Does anyone here know how to fly a ship?"

saint_of_gaming
saint_of_gaming
658 posts
Shepherd

22. I'm curious to see how a space version compares/contrasts with the older tradition though.

sciller45
sciller45
2,869 posts
Chancellor

23. Good question! Answer is - I didn't think about it! Note this is a genuine, Notorious-style caravel, but IN SPAAACE. Also, watch out for a B2B

The crew stayed silent. It was the gags, you see, but also the fact none of them had a clue on how to fly a ship. They eyed each other nervously.

"No? Lucky I am!" He exclaimed and grinned a thin-lipped grin that looked like it was carved into his face. He unlocked the fourth man's cuffs who took off the moment he could, peered over the ship's bulwark [the fence around the deck], scared himself dizzy, and hobbled below deck.

"YOU'RE WELCOME!" the first shouted as he decided to ungagging the men first might be the right order of things. He ungagged the fifth who was noticeably the youngest of the lot.

"What's your name, kid?"

"Jet."

"Name's Lucky. You liked to go fast? That why you're here?"

"No, it was- It's short for idjet [note: play audio quote]"

Lucky smacked his lips and let out a surprised "oh". He went to free the second man. Jet walked up to a swivel-gun mounted on the front of the ship and examined it. He pointed it up and looked down the barrel, but there wasn't enough light to see if it was loaded. Realizing he was lucky having not blown his head off then and there, he put it back the way it was and began thinking out loud.

"So Altair, eh? That'll be a sight to see."

The second man, the bearded brute, guffawed at that thought.

"HA-HAHAHA! The last sight *we'll* see'll be the bottom of a gunship cannon! I heard they'd done this SIX times before. y'know how many came BACK?", he said, "NONE! Not ONE! You know what they'll do, they'll, they'll have a gunship follow us to the edge of the Oort cloud and then they'll gun us into a fine mist."

"Oh, please", Jet replied, "those are just rumours! The journey's perilous, sure, bu-"

"-Rumours? A guard told me as much. And perilous! HAHA! Yea, PERILOUS. We're DEAD! One way or the other! We might as well die on our own terms!"

Widestsinger
Widestsinger
350 posts
Bard

24. Can only imagine how long that took to think up, nice story lol.

Showing 77806-77820 of 78595