ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78411 46593545
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,411 Replies
kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

15. Well, I don't like being the lady with problems. I'm a strong independent young lady that can resolve her own issues.
*proceeds to leave the cave and go find PLGuy*

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

-Ah. Yes. Pranks. That I did. I was helping various insurgencies during the time of Comitatus the Great. You may know him as the genocidal maniac who tried to exterminate the Flattites and unicorns. Some of the insurgencies had plans of coups and knew about old castle tunnels. None of them succeeded, of course, until he just stood up, took his coat and left. Now Biggus Censordus the Tiny is the ruler, but he's pretty incompetent if you ask me.

He points to the map.

-The Bayou is infamous for the amount of deplorables who gather there. y'all'll fit right in, though I think I oughta get a new outfit. It's probably best to stock up there and look to join an insurgency.

charlesjoseph
charlesjoseph
287 posts
Herald

abcdragon66
abcdragon66
701 posts
Jester

1. Spam+edit=reset

Hmm, going to the Bayou might be a good idea. We could ask some of the people there about this evil villain. Maybe they'll know something. Come on, PL, let's go!

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

Kali... *sigh* I hate having to do this, but... *casts "Sleep" skill on Kali*
I need you to complete my plan, but I also don't wanna hurt you... *teleports Kali and I to my secret hideout*

Ok, this is better *tells his Shadow minions to take Kali to the prisoners' room*

Now, let me prepare some stuff to follow my plan before she wakes up, but first...
*sends Queen Amy a letter*

Queen Amy, I just want to say that even though I'm a villain, if you married me, I would NOT do bad things to you, I would do bad things WITH you, we'd be 2 villains having fun doing bad things to other people
I would be a nice guy to you... I'd even give you some of the nice items that I occasionally manage to loot from dungeons! (yes, evil guys also enjoy looting dungeons) ^.^

If you ever wanna reconsider your decision, I'm here

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

3. *reply back to the letter*

The last time one of my predecessor helped the outside world just one time, we started a war. So no, I decided to see how thing goes without intervention. And also don't you dare wandering into my forest, you will be impaled before you get to move a hair past the magic shield. :P

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

4. *wakes up*
*sends letter to @PLGuy *
My dearest King,

I can't believe I have been kidnapped twice in a day. I'm such a disaster. But I'm still a relatively good witch. There's a spell that might make AP lose or that will destroy the world as we know it. Shall I cast it?
Please come soon, I'm hungry.

The Countess

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

5. It’s Bayou then! I take it you wanna join the rescue mission, Sciller? We’ll need a guide, especially someone familiar with the local glitterati.
*whispers to ABC* We gotta take him with us, who’s to say it’s not a ruse?

Sweet Madame,

The raven that delivered your message looked eerily, but your words brought me relief in knowledge that you’re all in one piece. Please, hold off on casting the Spell! The risk is too great, and the succor is on its way. Teamed up, we’re sure to thwart Shadow’s evil scheme once and for all.

Yours truly, PLGuy

Just two more things, and I’m ready to depart…
*makes Kali’s favorite sandwiches and summons Starwing, the griffin*

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

-A ruse? If you're referring to me, what do I have to gain from, say, saving your Countess. Or beating the Shadow? And if you don't trust me, why should I trust you? What if you're lying about your friend just so you could get information? Hm?
Now if you don't mind I'm going to get dressed. I'll catch up with you in the bayou.

Solus waits for the gravitational anomaly to end and walks away.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

7. *walks inside the prisoners' room, where Kali is*
... *closes the door with a Dark magic forcefield, so that nobody from the outside can see or hear us*

KALI! Now that no one can see or hear us I can tell you what's happening... once we "killed" a guy whose name is "waS", he was a very powerful enemy, and he was from the Void...

Now, his existential aura somehow came back and many mages and wizards from all the factions and elements could feel it

Those "Shadow minions" aren't even shadows! I don't have minions with me, they were created by waS to make a summoning ritual to bring him back to this world; waS can see and hear anything they can, this is why I created the Dark magic forcefield here

I kidnapped you because I want them to think I'm going to help summoning waS, so I had to convince them that... well... I was going to help, and as the ritual requires either a mage, a wizard or a witch, I brought you here to convince them

Getting along with them has allowed me to gather a lot of information about the ritual, and to secretly call some people to help us stopping him

We can't just kill all the minions because waS would keep summoning more...

The people I called are going to arrive soon, we'll find a way to stop waS together.

*gives Kali something to eat*

Hey, as soon as I remove this Dark magic forcefield, I'll pretend I'm with them again, ok? Let's just wait until the people I called arrive...

charlesjoseph
charlesjoseph
287 posts
Herald

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

8. I'm gonna ignore it because that's just spam.
AP, but I'm a terrible witch! What if I release waS by accident?!?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

9. Sheesh, Sciller heard what I said… He jumped outta nowhere is all :-/ But that’s the only trace we’ve got, we’ve no other choice than to trust the dude, aaaand probably those bayouian insurgents, in other words oppressed peasants and bitter second sons.

@abcdragon66 Next stop Bayou... Yaay.

But seriously, it's about time for some action! >< If nobody starts, I'll add a short introduction about that place.

kalisenpai
kalisenpai
1,858 posts
Duchess

10. And our mighty heroes start a difficult journey, filled with orcs, sirens and talking dogs. All of them were deafeated sooner or later, thanks to the strenght of our protagonists. They managed to get to Bayou and then asked for directions to a humanoid cat they came across. They finally managed to get the Cave, where AP and Kali where.
Meanwhile, AP was trying to act normal after confessing his plan to Kali. Kali, on the other hand, was worried that PL, ABC and sciller couldn't get on time and someone forced her to cast a spell by which waS could be released. If that happened, it would be the end of the world!

Please read this with the voice of a narrator from 1920s or so.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

11. Shadow Minion #1: AP, seriously, it's taking too long, I'm starting to think you're betraying us, I'm pretty sure we're ready for the ritual!

Me: Hold on! We can't do it just yet, it has to be done perfectly...

Shadow Minion #1: *sigh* No, waS is starting to get angry, let's do this thing!

Me: We can't do it exactly right now!

Shadow Minion #2: We had enough time. It will be done tomorrow at midday! Stop fooling us! *both shadow minions leave the area*

*goes to the prisoners' room where Kali is, and again, casts the Dark Magic Forcefield*

Kali, we're starting to run out of time! D:
and the people I called to help us haven't arrived yet! >.<
Ugh, I called some of the most powerful people I knew, things could get tough without them! THOSE GUYS WON'T ARRIVE ON TIME! AAAAH!

*the fire in the fireplace starts to form a 3d-shaped face, almost in a Harry Potter like style*

The face formed in the fire: Hey, AP, Kali... just to inform you that we're getting close; we'll be there tomorrow at midday; not everyone could come with me, only Brulzrorth (a powerful Dragon who has Ice and Wind skills) and Iohn (a tough Human warrior who deals Physical and Thunder damage and can cast some pretty good defensive skills)

Me: Yes! That's nice to hear! Kali, that is Onviqirax, a Wizard with VERY powerful Fire skills, and some pretty good Bomb-type skills as well

Onviqirax: oh, and by the way, what exactly are we going to do? I just thought about it, and if we kill the minions and stop the ritual, waS could still summons more minions again and try to make the ritual again

Me: we'll see if we can harm waS without summoning him. It is a risky plan, and he might as well escape, but if he does... well... we'll fight hard...

Onviqirax: er... ok... well... good night *the fire goes back to normal*

Me: well... Kali... be ready for tomorrow...

Showing 73741-73755 of 78411