ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Games Chat

78618 55079581
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,618 Replies
Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

26. @PLGuy may you not regret posting a short story online.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

27. @Majestic_Fish Why is that? Is it that bad? xD (If yes, then what does make it kitsh)

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

28. I get embarrassed with every kind of story I make sure to my inability... so... yah.

zdrk
zdrk
285 posts
King

29. Ugh.. I have spent so many hours and days to beat my final 2 unfinished game relates quests. Just can't beat Give Up 2 - Bonus level E -.-

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

30. @Majestic_Fish were you at least able to read it until the end? (not that it gets better with every passing word - should be opposite :-P) All the generalisations are intentional... if not sane xD

@zdrk I still have nightmares about that level... With every passing obstacle the weight of failure was getting worse. I've learned thanks to Bonus E that in such games it's better to try and fail than hesitate too long: I was literaly standing 15 minutes in one place once, then after a fail I came back there in 1 min xD

PHLHimself
PHLHimself
300 posts
King

31. Wow sushi master @zdrk. That's pretty insane (excuse the pun). I still have some fresh quests to go that I haven't touched yet. But I guess that monkey balloon tower defense game will take a lot of time.

zdrk
zdrk
285 posts
King

32. My problem is that I can't stand to play it for too much time straightly. And once I start again after resting, then it seems that I have lost most of my abilities that I have had previously gotten and need to get the right feeling back. When I have the feeling back, then it's only a little time till I feel the need to take a break again. So far I still haven't passed the extreme rhino obstacle.

Olaffours
Olaffours
392 posts
Prince

33. i have nothing to say and don't know what to say but i add another step to the count after my dinner

zdrk
zdrk
285 posts
King

34. @PHLHimself . Sushi Catapult - I think if I'd see some grey hair on my head in a near future, then I know what to blame. A lot of rage quits got into finishing that quest But once I got that "not hitting ground for 45sec" I got extra motivation to finish everything else.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

35. @zdrk me too... when trying not hitting the ground in 45 seconds it is guaranteed to extend your life experience (and shorten your life span)
Extreme Rhino - sooner than you think you'll have unconditioned response for Rhinos and bats there.

Olaffours
Olaffours
392 posts
Prince

36. had to wait 45min to post and avoid B2B ^^
is this quest this hard ? (sushi cat one)
i think i will never complete the GiveUp2's quest, i'm bad at these kind of game and really don't have the patience to do it...

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

37. The Sushi Cat-a-pult is based also on luck, so I call it worse than GU2 Bonus E.

zdrk
zdrk
285 posts
King

38. Never say never @Olaffours . There's not a single game related quest that can't be completed with enough practice and dedication. Sushi insane quest also needs a lot of luck to find some birds to keep flying. Thankfully it isn't as insane as it used to be. It used to be 200 seconds off the ground which is simply impossible.

@PLGuy . After I come back to try again, then even the stairway to heaven is hard Also the lava pits take a while to get the double jumps correct again. One thing that I hate is if you jump off the edge of a block, then it counts as a second jump and you definitely land in the lava. Only thing that never gets hard is the spinning axes.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

39. It's not counted as the second jump, it's more that game recognises that you're falling - so you're already in the air. And in the air it allows you to make only one jump. It's not a bug but something really, really annoying >.< Kinda bug is with the buttons: game counts as if you pressed the button twice - once when you're going up and twice when you're landing. This might REALLY drive you crazy.

Stairway To Heaven yeah... And it's like in that song: "There's a spine on the wall" Hmm.. or that was some other word xD

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

40. well, it used to be 120 seconds without touching the ground, it must have been horrible... good thing I did it after it was lowered to 45s

Showing 69241-69255 of 78618