ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Games Chat

78613 55025240
Gantic
Gantic
11,891 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,613 Replies
sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

7. Yay! Glad to see you back, Kat!

Well, if everyone does have at least one pirate gene, I probably have one craving hard liquor.

Also, today I learned that there are people shorter than 150 cm, which is weird, because I never saw an adult shorter than 160 cm ± 5cm.
Or literally anyone in my school shorter than 165.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

8. Knowing pirates' way of life, every one of us has some of a pirate in our genes. Right, that would indicate that at least one of the ancestors... nevermind, we do not have anything to do with pirate genes :-P

I think I knew one girl that was like 155 cm. 150 cm is kinda anomaly. But so is 250 cm. But just look on Sultan Kosen with Jyoti Amge. Man, they rule xD

sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

1. Welp, let's just say pirates have our genes, and pray to God we don't have theirs.

Suppose 150 cm is more of an anomaly when you live in Bosnia, but not so much in the Sri Lanka.
And wow. I looked it up and I honestly thought Jyoti was a toddler! Awesome. In a slightly weird way.

RESET because of an incredibly embarrassing ninja. Oops D:

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

3. How about we put our discord ID here so we can start an adventure to reach 100, probably need to think of something nice so as to not look like post spamming. Since 3 people is minimum to reach 100 by taking turns, I think we can pull this off if there's good communication on who post first or not to prevent ninja, and be on the look out for mods as well.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

4. @AmyClyne Maybe @funguy161 can invite you to his discord? Or we can just use CT100 chat of AG. Mods don't visit it. Reminds me of good ol' days...

Join? Toil? Skirmish? Yarr? I was born a pirate...
Coins! Spoils! Pillage! Harrrr! Swashbuckling triumvirate!

@Majestic_Fish @sciller45 Or quadrumvirate, or whatever, the more the better! xD But only on weekends I can count at any time...

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

5. Now,b I'll make an unreliable promise, I will try to post every day at least once.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

6. Once a day - same here right now. And there were times that we were adding about 20 each a day, even when not going for the win.

sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

9. @PLGuy Hey! You know I won't shy out of a sprint! Or a pillaging, mass genocide, first degree murder of a public official, robbery, blackmailing, organ stealing and handling salmon is suspicious circumstances.

Well, unless it's 7-17 CEST Monday-Friday, 00-7 and 20-24 Saturday or 12-24 Sunday. But, come on! It's not like that'll happen! Right?

Right?

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

11. My free time during a week is as usual - 12-18 or after 22 of CEST. I'll write something on weekend so maybe we'll finally cut a deal. Now sush with detailed plans! Smuggling salmons is enough fishy business by itself. We don't want unwanted attention. Unwanted and incorruptible :{(

AmyClyne
AmyClyne
136 posts
Princess

Now it's a sprint, not a marathon. Whoever reached to 100 gets that rare award. The statistic of this forum game is not so accurate if we can run it up to 100 ASAP. Well some of you who got the award already probably just play for fun I guess..

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

14. From the people that are still posting, only you and Funguy didn't get the quest and a merit. There is another merit for winning 10 times, so me, Majestic and Kat are really counting just for fun.

sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

15. Wait, there's a merit for winning 10 times? Huh. Neat. Where does that say?

What? Smuggling salmons? Is that what you thought what I meant by handling salmon in suspicious circumstances? I was actually thinking of fish jenga. Or using it as an assault weapon.

Yellowcat
Yellowcat
2,869 posts
Treasurer

16. You get a merit for winning ten times? You can win this game ten times?!?

sciller45
sciller45
2,870 posts
Chancellor

17. Now THAT is a merit worth winning. Pretty sure winning 10 times without sprinting would be impossible these days. I like to imagine they send you a postcard signed by everyone working at AG and all the you-know-whos.

Also, dumb joke proudly stolen from here.

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,823 posts
Chamberlain

18. Sure you can, I think it was Chryosten that made it to 100 an absolutely ridiculous amount of times in a row, starting with the very first victory. I can't remember an exact number but I'd be surprised if he wasn't in at least the first 12 wins

Showing 72511-72525 of 78613