ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78408 46541671
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,408 Replies
PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

2. @HahiHa Good that you excavated that topic. I can easily predict that human will take over other liveable planets way before the Sun expands too much and other galaxies way before 5 billion years of Sun's lifespan pass if evolution of science escalates further with such speed. If because I mean now some self-destructive and decadent actions that might happen as well - that's risk of human nature unfortunately.

@sciller45 Yeah... I don't know if you're aware about one fact here. Team Mod tries to stop us, and not only because these guys are mean. It's the part of the game - mods/admins can also get CT100 quest if they count to a particular number, which varies in dependence on our winning streak. Our winning streak is now 1 so they need to count to 100 as well.

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

3. That was a rhetorical question though you knew that. But, yeah, no, not really. And where does it say about the winning streak rule?

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

@sciller45 Look here, section 2.1, handicap rule.

No need to restart the count this time, exceptionally

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

4. I think all the rules should be in the post description, so everyone can see them and not dig through 17 pages just to find some modified rules.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

1. We need to reset now because you counted 3 and then 4 - not consecutive posts but unfortunately two consecutive numbers. The most important things are here - in that above post there is elaborative discussion about any nuances relevant to this game - like f.e.: if you reset the count can you double post? The answer for this one is positive.

Hardstrike
Hardstrike
543 posts
King

2. @sciller45 Could not respond back then because of Back to back... but I see the count still did reset.. a few times.
Idk if I'll participate man, it took a lot of time to make this one Armatar I'm having and I cant think of going through the whole process again :/
If you're curious and got a lil bit of talent you should try submit something

sciller45
sciller45
2,855 posts
Justiciar

3. @PLGuy I've never facepalmed so hard in my life *sigh* Why do I have to be so bloody stupid. @Hardstrike Ah, I understand. I'm somewhat curious as in how exactly long it took. Anyways I have actually been making an armatar for about 2 hours and I JUST posted it.

LordLazyLeopard
LordLazyLeopard
783 posts
Constable

4. @sciller45 Same, we all feel stupid sometimes, I just feel stupid more often than most. :/

Majestic_Fish
Majestic_Fish
1,917 posts
Chancellor

5. Differently, I AM stupid. Which I find to be a good thing.

PLGuy
PLGuy
4,755 posts
King

6. @sciller45 Facepalming harder than ever? You should take it easy man xD To win the quest here the best option would be to meet in CT100 chat in at least 3 people and count until the end (when mods are busy/sleeping/drunk). We will do it for sure when the right time comes.

LordLazyLeopard
LordLazyLeopard
783 posts
Constable

7. So, now all we need to do is find a way to get all the mods to sleep at the same time...

helpo1
helpo1
3,778 posts
King

(8) -

(when mods are busy/sleeping/drunk)

Personally, I've yet to witness the last situation.
nixonjalltheway
nixonjalltheway
3 posts
Farmer

oyaji3211
oyaji3211
258 posts
Herald

I can easily predict that human will take over other liveable planets way before the Sun expands too much

I disagree. I'm sure we will self-destruct long before we discover methods of safe, practical interstellar travel.

Chryosten
Chryosten
17,384 posts
Herald

1. You're supposed to restart if someone posts a number without any text following it.

Showing 67711-67725 of 78408