ForumsForum GamesCount to 100: Mods Allowed To Count

78397 46180289
Gantic
Gantic
11,892 posts
King

The original "This Thread is Currently About" is back! Yes, it's Count to 100!

HOW TO PLAY

1. Count by ones from 1 to 100 in 100 consecutive posts according to the Core Rules.
2. Restart the count from 1 after:
a. a Moderator (or an Administrator) makes a stopping post (post without counting) if users and Knights are counting..
b. a user or Knight or Warden makes a stopping post (post without counting) if Moderators and Administrators are counting.
c. breaking a core rule, spamming, or cheating.
d. reaching 100.
3. Announce why you restart the count so other counters don't get confused.
NOTE: For the time being, Moderators are allowed to help Users count, so as long as the other rules are observed you do not need to restart the count if you see a mod count. However, if a Moderator makes a stopping post, i.e. a post without counting (not the same as a non-count post since they're technically different teams), it is considered an interruption and the count will restart.

CORE RULES

No mistakes. A count must start from 1 and increase by ones up to 100, save for exceptions noted.
No double-counting. No counter may count two consecutive numbers.
No back-to-back counting. No two counters may alternate for more than three consecutive numbers.
Okay: P1 P2 P1 P3
Not Okay: P1 P2 P1 P2
Okay: P1 P2 reset P1 P2
No editing. No counter may edit their post. If an edit tag shows on a count, the attempt is forfeit.

ADDiTiONAL RULES

No "spamming". Please don't post only the number and please don't post gibberish, either.
Multiple one- or two-word counts may also disqualify a count.
No "cheating". This shouldn't need to be said. Counting to 100 doesn't count if you cheat.
This is an exercise in teamwork, not rule bending.
No "spoiling". Don't mess with the count. Posts should start with the correct number.
Posts with no numbers should be ignored. See also: No non-counts.
Posts with intentional mistakes should be ignored.
No "spilping". If this is your first post in this thread, please post "I'm new and here to count to 100!"
No non-counts. No counter may post without a counting number or make a post without bolding that number if that counting number is not at the start of the post.

COMPLETE SET OF RULES
Please refer to the complete set of rules for additional information and examples of what is valid or invalid.
DiSCUSSiON THREAD
Please also check out the discussion thread for new gameplay or rule proposals or general discussion on the gameplay and rules of "Count to 100".

END GAME

Once you reach 100, you start this Sisyphean task all over again back at 1. Users should notify the Commissioner of the Count (HahiHa) that the count reached 100 and the Commissioner will review it to make sure there were no mistakes or cheating. If there were no mistakes or cheating, then the users who took part in the successful count to 100 will get a shiny new Quest!

SCOREBOARD

bold = counted 100, italics = previous winning participant, [#] = # of total wins, (#) = # of times counted 100
FULL SCOREBOARD

MODS - 2 WINS
Highest Count: 15!
1. 9! - 3865 (2533) pages / 286 days, Feb 13, '15 at 5:49pm, 3 users, 6 minutes.
Gantic, Ferret, weirdlike
Note: Earned by handicap.

2. 14! - 2135 pages / 937 days, Sep 08, '17 at 1:25pm, 3 users, 6 mins.
Moegreche, nichodemus, UnleashedUponMankind
Note: Earned by handicap.

USERS - 51 WINS
1. 100! - 537 (355) pages / 94 days, Aug 6, '14 at 9:28pm, 16 users, 14 hrs 33 mins.
apldeap123, Azywng, Crickster, Chryosten (as Darkfire45), Darktroop07, evilsweetblock, JACKinbigletters, kalkanadam, Loop_Stratos, MPH_Complexity, Omegap12, Patrick2011, R2D21999, Snag618, Tactical_Fish, Voyage2

LAST TWO WINS

50. 100! - February 12, '24, 11 users, 52 days.
sciller45 (5)[17], HalRazor [5], saint_of_gaming [5], JimSlaps (1)[2], TheMostManlyMan (1)[14], Solas128 [3], nichodemus (2)[9], Widestsinger [5], SirLegendary (2)[22], skater_kid_who_pwns, disastermaster30 (3)[5]

51. 100! - March 17, '24, 11 users, 35 days.
JimSlaps (1)[3], sciller45 (5)[18], saint_of_gaming [6], TheMostManlyMan (1)[15], Strop, skater_kid_who_pwns [2], GhostOfMatrix [4], WidestSinger (1)[6], HalRazor [6], SirLegendary (2)[23], Solas128 [4]

• 78,397 Replies
Bears_Bears_Bears
Bears_Bears_Bears
107 posts
Regent

1. Well that was uncalled for.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

2. That guy is a troll and should've been safely wiped off without restarting the count. Trust me, I have studied the law of the land. Well, this land anyways.

I wonder who that guy is. He seems to either count or has counted long ago.

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

3. He must've counted before or else how would he know anything (And see how many posts he has? The account was even made the day they posted it.)? Maybe his account got deleted before and now he's just taking out frustration.

@UnleashedUponMankind please don't let this person's words put you down or ruin your day. You are more than likely a good person honestly just doing your job in order to make this game any fun (among other things) because without the challenge of trying to race against the mods, then where's the fun in doing it. Thank you for all your hard work and take this as an apology from those who know and appreciate your work, unlike others who take it for granted and know nothing of what you go through and deal with on a day to day basis. Once again @UnleashedUponMankind, I, among plenty others I'm betting, apologize for this one person's actions and hope you continue to do the good work you do.

Bears_Bears_Bears
Bears_Bears_Bears
107 posts
Regent

4. I am seconding @Hunter902 's words.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

I'm glad to see that most counters still appreciate and hold true to the challenge and the spirit of the game. Thanks for being awesome guys

To whomever it concerns: this is a forum game. You come here for entertainment, to compete with your team against the game and the other team. If you think you can come here, insult people who genuinely try to tag along and occasionally make mistakes, get furious at the other team for playing every once in a while, and feel entitled to get an easy quest and merit, then you're at the wrong place, mate.

Just to be clear, calling us evil for restarting the count and all those little things are perfectly fine as long as it's all in good fun and doesn't make anyone uncomfortable. The users vs mods competition is part of the game after all But I will not tolerate genuine flaming and insulting.

Please carry on as you were.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

5. I'll take that as "Don't restart the count" and that's all that matters. What? I can't say anything positive to other people. I can barely say the L-word. Lo. LOEaughahy. Luh. V.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

6. wow man...

just... try it, bro!

here, you have 3 attempts.

*gives him the microphone*

YOU CAN DO IT, DUDE! THERE ARE 4,000,000,000 PEOPLE ROOTING FOR YOU! LOOK AT THE CAMERAS AND SMILE!

YOU MAY TRY IT IN 5
(all the four billion people watching this start counting as well)
4!
3!
2!
ONE!

GOOOOOOO!

*everyone makes silence, waiting for Sciller to say something positive to someone else*

after a brief moment of silence, people start saying your name, supporting and rooting for you

SCILLER! SCILLER! SCILLER!

(lol, this escalated quickly)

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

7. Come on @sciller45 you can do it!

Give me an L

Sciller: "..."

Give me an O

Give me a V

Give me an E

What does it spell?

Sciller: "... LOEaughahy. Lofth. Loofa. Yeah, Loofa."

4,000,000,000 people stare at him blankly.

Sciller: "What?"

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

8. "AAAAAAAAAAND STRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIKEE THHHHREEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"
Look guys, I appreciate the effort, but I don't think making 4 billion people force me is going to work very well. Hell. Out of 4 billion people, I get to be the one dude who can't say anything positive to someone.
*The live audience audibly sighs. There's a murmur and one corner starts booing*

*sigh* Welp. This was fun. I'm gonna go get a drink.

By myself.

Alone.

Well, maybe while watching Bob Ross.

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

9. Once again another number to the count

Bears_Bears_Bears
Bears_Bears_Bears
107 posts
Regent

10. It's okay Sciller, you may have let down the live studio audience, but you'll always be good enough to us counters.

sciller45
sciller45
2,854 posts
Justiciar

11. I may be good enough, but good enough isn't good enough, dammit!

Hunter902
Hunter902
243 posts
Scribe

12. Of course it is, the literal meaning behind the phrase "good enough" is that your actions are accepted as as the amount of work you can put in. You don't want to fall into the trap of trying to be perfect because then you will never get anywhere and you'll regret even more that you didn't do something. I'm sorry for being so serious about these kind of things, but you can really fall into a bad place and not be able to get through some parts of life if you let your or anyone else's definition of "good enough" or &quoterfection" rule over both your performance and life. (anyone with issues is welcome to come talk to me, but disclaimer: I am not a doctor or therapist, if you have serious issues, then I would happily oblige to help as best I can, but I should not be the only one you get help from. You can call 1-800-273-8255 if you have extensive issues and you should always talk with your doctor because they will listen even if family won't.) Thank you for attending my TED talk.

armorplayergc
armorplayergc
16,463 posts
King

13. aw man... I know that feel, Sciller...

I usually feel like I'm never good enough at doing like, pretty much anything
And whenever I fail doing ANYTHING, I always get like "it's my fault! I'm not trying hard enough!"

for example, I remember that 2 months ago, I had a Math exam at uni, in which there were (one and a half) questions that I couldn't answer and I ended up getting a low grade on it (4.5/10)

Man... even though I ended up passing on that subject with a 7.8/10 grade and that many people also did badly on that exam... I'm still angry at myself (because that was the lowest grade I've ever got on a Math exam in my life, and also because I couldn't answer those questions)

Now whenever I hear the words "Induction", "Number Theory", "Logarithm", "Math", "Inequation", "Summation" or "Greatest Common Divisor", I remember that disaster and feel bad for not having tried hard enough on that exam...

What also doesn't help with this specific example is that my father would probably get 10/10 on that exam pretty easily (and I studied in a better school/uni than he did, so I kinda feel like I'm wasting my education)

(and I'm taking Computer Science at uni... if I felt like this because of a Math test, I don't even wanna discover what I'd feel like if that happened on a Computer Science exam)

Ugh, I'm probably the person in my family who hates studying the most... I feel terrible because of it

*sigh*

I think I need to improve in my life...
(I hate being perfectionist... I really, really do... I wish I could stop it)

Bears_Bears_Bears
Bears_Bears_Bears
107 posts
Regent

14. I've been hoping for a while that the "count to 100" quest would be my 1,000th. Now that I'm sitting at 999 I don't know how patient I can be though

Showing 74581-74595 of 78397