ForumsForum GamesThe Superhuman RPG (2016)

721 165395
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

I allow as many players as possible. Registrations are open!

Now...

Does.. Does anyone remember The Superhuman RPG? Way back about 4 years ago?

I admit, I didn't think I would be opening this game again. But then I think of the fun I had hosting it when I was fourteen. I started this RPG back when I was thirteen, I believe, and it had been a blast to play with my players.

Now that I'm almost eighteen (at the time of this OP), maybe I want to give this another try.

If you are aware of what I do here in the forums (and I really mean, aware. So skip past if you don't know anything about me):

[My ideas are all fizzed out at the moment. I will continue to update, though it DEFINITELY will be infrequent. What I'm sure, though, is that The Superhuman requires more improvisation than my own story. So it takes less of an effort, not that it detracts from how much I want to host this game.]

---

"A human figure rose and fell, its chest swelling slightly. It looked up, not knowing what it would look at in this darkness. Then a voice spoke into its head, and the figure screamed out, its body writhing in pain.

The figure stepped out into the light. It breathed in..

And something small fell out of its womb.

And it breathed out. It smiled and more fell from its body.

And more.

And more."

"You kiddin' me?"

A thirteen-year-old boy jumped in shock, as he looked at the source of the voice that startled him.

A woman, sat opposite him, stared at him with a quizzical and mocking look.

"That's how the first superhuman came to be?" said the woman.

The boy nodded fervently. "Yes! You've gotta believe me!"

"This is ****ing ridiculous."

The woman stepped out as the boy continued to shout, pleading for her approval. She slammed the door behind and shook her head. She looked around, the city bustling about her.

Superhumans were everywhere. She saw a few men and women in a construction site, lifting fifteen-metre bars of metal in each hand, walking about. The woman could hear chattering and laughter among them.

Cars streaked by in front of her, but there were many, racing past the cars. A lot of them wore business suits, T-shirts, shorts, jeans. Normal people, she thought.

She heard a booming voice coming from her left. She turned and looked as the glass walls of the town hall burst into shards as the mayor stepped out to view, red fury in his face. She heard a sigh coming from behind the mayor as the glass shards floated back to where they originally were.

The woman heard another scream, something ten times softer than the booming voice, coming from in front of her as a man in black snatched a woman's purse away. The man looked back, summoned a flicker of flame and threw a ball of fire at the woman. She ducked out of the way and sent her hand out. The man grunted as his grip on the purse loosened. He put his hands to the sides of his head and screamed in agonizing pain. The woman picked her purse up and fired a shimmering wave of force at the man, knocking him towards the road.

Where did they come from? she thought.

---

I hope the story above can explain the setting and tone of this whole RPG.

Now, I allow as many players as possible. I will try to keep track of everyone, but I need to have you do something for me. First off, fill it this sheet.

Name: (Insert)
Sex: Male/Female
Superpower: (Anything within reason)
---
Biography: (Please keep it concise. I can't read walls and walls of text. It should include your past, personality and how you came to be in the present.)
---
Level: 1
XP: 0/20
---
HP: 20/20

Then, what I type below your sheet, please quote it and post it. I will also do the same for you.

---

I hope I can update once every day. I will try my best.

• 721 Replies
Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

I might join, but no idea on char rn.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

This might help provide inspiration XD

I might also try it, once I find a superpower that suits me. Just a question though, is there a certain underlying objective or is it more kind of open-world?

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

This might help provide inspiration XD

no D:

Name: Axorez
Sex: Male
Superpower: Ice Magic
---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---

Is this sufficient?

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

@HahiHa

I might also try it, once I find a superpower that suits me. Just a question though, is there a certain underlying objective or is it more kind of open-world?

It's an open-world RPG. Of course, characters have their own objectives and goals, and yours can too. Power, fame, money. Those were simple examples.

===

---
Biography: In the past, he lived with his moderate family whose parents work as farmers. He discovered his superpower while playing hide-and-seek in his school with his friends. He made ice in the ground. Fortunately, he was hiding in an empty room and tried to melt it, which worked. No one discovered it. He is responsible, often putting himself at fault, and moderately kind. He lacks self confidence. Present day, he's a 9th grade student doing fine.
---
---

Yes, it's enough.

So, to start out..

You were in class, trying to pay attention to the math teacher in front of you. You weren't alone, because many were trying to stay awake as well. Your mother had dropped you off an hour ago, saying to you that you should behave well.

As your head dipped in exhaustion, you heard a crash coming from your right side. The windows burst as you turned to see a man in his twenties, wearing a trench coat, breaking through and clenching his fists. You, in particular, noticed his fists slowly turning to grey.

The class started to panic. The teacher was shouting questions and taking attempts to calm the class down. You saw two boys looking at the man with a furious but enthusiastic demeanour.

Time for you began to slow down, giving you time to think.

===

Name: John Steele
Superpower: Active Healing
---
Biography: I lived with my mother and sisters and I grew up close to the forest so me and my sisters would usually go adventuring, but one day I fell down a side of a cliff and broke my leg, but as my sisters were trying to find a way down to me I saw my leg start to form itself back into what it previously looked like. That's when I found out about my power and after that I did a good deal of working out in the gym. Nothing to fancy, just simple weights and a self defense class every now and again. I have kept my power hidden, so that I can live a regular life, and today I work at a burger joint as one of the cooks.
---
---

It's fine. As long as I can get an idea about your character and your motives.

Also, if I could know how many sisters you have..

Alright, to start out..

You walk back to your home, exhausted and mentally drained from your boss talking you off. You had dropped two patties today, which was unlike the many days of your job where you were doing just fine. Your mother came to the door and hugged you, asking about your day.

As you sat and chatted, one of your sisters sat next to you.

"John!" your sister interrupted. "I saw this cave. Heard someone talking to himself there. Let's go!"

Your mother rolled her eyes and sighed, leaving you both to yourselves.

You reluctantly (or didn't) followed your sister to the aforementioned cave. As you neared it, its entrance a dark gaping mouth, your sister walked in casually. You got a feeling that it won't be safe.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

no D:

Oh well

It's an open-world RPG. Of course, characters have their own objectives and goals, and yours can too. Power, fame, money. Those were simple examples.

OK, thanks.

Name: Hephaestus
Superpower: Ash Mimicry
---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: Formerly named Tom, he grew up in the city to a working class family. He learned the trade of metalworking and has been employed by the biggest steel works of the city ever since. His power was revealed several years ago when he survived a tragic accident that cost two of his coworkers their lives. Triggered accidentally at first, he quickly learned to control his abilities at will thanks to his stoic and obstinate nature, and subsequently adopted the name Hephaestus.
---
---

Well, this will be interesting. I'll see what you can do with Ash Mimicry then.

(I don't know anything about the metalworking you've mentioned. I'll just assume it's like working in a ?smithy?.)

You stood in front of your house, a one-storey terrace house that was identical to the row of houses spanning at least a few blocks. The door, slightly battered and splintered, could still be unlocked with your key and opened, although with a whine coming from one of the hinges.

As you stepped in, your room was dark. You could barely see a figure of a sofa and coffee table a few feet from you. Then you thought, Oh, the lights.

You instinctively reached for the light switch and flicked it on, only to see a green-looking hunched figure in the corner of your living room, apparently munching away at something.

It jerked out of the floor, screeching at the light source. It turned to look at you. It had a long nose, almost like a goblin's, and two fangs sprouting from its gums. It snarled at you, a detached, half-eaten human arm in its left hand.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

(OOC: First thing that happened, I was given a chance to reveal superpower >.> )
(Q: Are superpowers widely known to peoples?)

I choose to continue watching for a bit. Using magic might not be best, who knows if it'll work too.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

(OOC: First thing that happened, I was given a chance to reveal superpower >.> )

Ahaha! This is what I usually did back when I hosted this RPG.

(Q: Are superpowers widely known to peoples?)

Yes. I think the intro story should explain it. Your teacher should have superpowers too.

I choose to continue watching for a bit. Using magic might not be best, who knows if it'll work too.

Now, you just looked like the calmest teenager in the world, watching and observing the man. You saw his fists completely turn into shining metal as he darted forwards towards the teacher, sending a haymaker punch right at the teacher's head. He ducked out of the way, impossibly quickly, and sent a punch up the man's gut. There was a 'clunk!' sound as his fist connected. The teacher grunted in pain and pushed forward, grappling the man by the waist. He brought the man out of the class, once again, breaking through another part of the windows. They fell through the second floor, the man in the trench coat landing on his back. You heard a slight groan coming from the man as he tried to get your teacher away.

Your teacher, Mr. Sully, got up while sending a kick at his face. It connected with a hard crunch, sending the man sliding a few feet away.

For a few moments, there was a silence filled with tension. Then the man got up, his nose flowing with blood from the kick. He smiled, blood staining his teeth, and turned his face into metal.

One of the two boys rushed out to the edge of the broken window, carelessly stepping on the shards, and shot electricity from his hands. The stream of energy missed, hitting the grassy ground a few inches from where the man was.

Both of the men turned to look at the boy, who was distraught that he missed, and the man smiled even more. He looked at Sully and broke off into a sprint, launching himself towards the boy with a sort of spring from his boots.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

Where am i located? Near the windows? Assuming that:

I try firing an ice bolt at the man.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
Biography: I lived with my mother and sisters and I grew up close to the forest so me and my sisters would usually go adventuring, but one day I fell down a side of a cliff and broke my leg, but as my sisters were trying to find a way down to me I saw my leg start to form itself back into what it previously looked like. That's when I found out about my power and after that I did a good deal of working out in the gym. Nothing to fancy, just simple weights and a self defense class every now and again. I have kept my power hidden, so that I can live a regular life, and today I work at a burger joint as one of the cooks.
---
---

(There are two sisters(Sarah, 16, Jamie 13), and my motives are pretty much to keep my family safe from any danger. My character wants to run his own business one day, probably is own burger joint.)

Alright, got it.

I follow my sister making sure to keep her at arms length just in case of something happening, and I look around the cave and try to see what she is wanting to show me.

You followed your sister, Sarah, into the cave, keeping an arm's length distance from her. You tried to look into the cave, seeing about thirty feet before you before it became dark. So far, it was only the rocky ground you saw. Your sister moved deeper in and flicked her hand, casting out light from her fingertips. It didn't blind you, but you jerked back a bit.

Before you, you saw a cavern going deeper and deeper. Apart from the slight fizzing sound that your sister's fingertips were emitting, you heard a whimper coming from the deeper end.

Sarah turned to you, a face of surprise and enthusiasm. She was looking to you to tell you that you should get moving.

As you continued downwards, both of you careful not to slip and fall, the whimpering got clearer. The whimper slowly turned into crying. You could hear a man crying now, his voice as deep or deeper than yours.

You saw a small silhouette about sixty feet from you. The crying was coming from it.

Sarah looked towards you again, and nodded.

And went forward.

"Hey," Sarah said. "Are you okay?"

As she got closer, you could clearly see his face, until you realised it wasn't a man. It slowly turned towards Sarah and stood, taller than both of you combined. Its head almost scraped the ceiling. Its skin, a sickly grey green, was riddled with boils. Its head was bald and its mouth turned into a snarl. You didn't see any noses or eyes.

===

---
---
---

Where am i located? Near the windows? Assuming that:

I try firing an ice bolt at the man.

You weren't near enough to the windows for the shards to be hurting you, but the man was in sight as he jumped up.

You grabbed your right wrist and thought of an ice bolt, similar to TV shows you've watched throughout your life. It formed, a shiny blue shard, and you fired it at the man.

It found purchase at his calf and he lost balance in the air. You heard a 'bonk' as his metallic head crashed against the edge of the window. He fell flat on the grass, out of view from you.

You suddenly heard an applause raised just for you. Everyone was excited, cheering you on.

There was a blur to your left, and you saw your teacher shouting, "Class, leave your bags and move out. This is an emergency!" The teacher's fist that hit the man's guts was blue with bruises.

Some were reluctant to leave, and some ran for the doors. When your classmates were halfway out, you saw the man climb in and look at you with fury.

The boy cast out another bolt of electricity, this time catching the man square in the chest. He convulsed, but didn't fall off the window. He caught himself and rushed towards you.

Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

Report Rapyion
Rapyion
2,074 posts
Posted 31 minutes ago

Lolwut

---
---
---

Holy.... Shot... I grab Sarah put her behind me and take a few steps back.

"Hey buddy... You alright?" I ask the thing hoping for it to answer

The thing slowly walked towards you, that snarl echoing around the cavern. Sarah let out a nervous giggle as she let you pull her back.

With a silent second, the thing sent its arm out, stretching past its length towards Sarah.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

(I don't know anything about the metalworking you've mentioned. I'll just assume it's like working in a ?smithy?.)

I don't know much more either, just think of a huge industrial factory smelting and casting metal. I imagined the accident to be something like a molten metal leakage, which I survived thanks to the heat resistance of my power.

---
---
---

You stood in front of your house, a one-storey terrace house that was identical to the row of houses spanning at least a few blocks. The door, slightly battered and splintered, could still be unlocked with your key and opened, although with a whine coming from one of the hinges.

As you stepped in, your room was dark. You could barely see a figure of a sofa and coffee table a few feet from you. Then you thought, Oh, the lights.

You instinctively reached for the light switch and flicked it on, only to see a green-looking hunched figure in the corner of your living room, apparently munching away at something.

It jerked out of the floor, screeching at the light source. It turned to look at you. It had a long nose, almost like a goblin's, and two fangs sprouting from its gums. It snarled at you, a detached, half-eaten human arm in its left hand.

Barely showing my surprise, I transform into ash, with a hardened protective crust and incandescent fists. Thus prepared, I storm forward and strike out to hit the green goblin thing.
Rapyion
Rapyion
2,300 posts
Shepherd

---
---
---

Barely showing my surprise, I transform into ash, with a hardened protective crust and incandescent fists. Thus prepared, I storm forward and strike out to hit the green goblin thing.

As you rushed forward, sending your fist against the creature, it was ready and sidestepped. It attempted to rake at your side, but the hardened ash built up around you absorbed the slash, cracking slightly at a second claw strike. You turned around, slapping it aside. The creature moved out of the way just enough for the strike to cause a superficial wound.

You could tell from the way it moved that it could move fast. Faster than you.

The creature lunged at you with the human arm, intending to use it as a club.

Loop_Stratos
Loop_Stratos
5,291 posts
Jester

---
---
---

I try to make an ice wall on the ground as tall as me and then run to do as the teacher says.

HahiHa
HahiHa
8,259 posts
Regent

---
---
---

As you rushed forward, sending your fist against the creature, it was ready and sidestepped. It attempted to rake at your side, but the hardened ash built up around you absorbed the slash, cracking slightly at a second claw strike. You turned around, slapping it aside. The creature moved out of the way just enough for the strike to cause a superficial wound.

You could tell from the way it moved that it could move fast. Faster than you.

The creature lunged at you with the human arm, intending to use it as a club.

I raise my left arm to block the, uh, arm? Ew.

(Assuming the block was successful) Almost in the same moment as the makeshift club crashes on my upraised arm, I inhale deeply and breathe out a cloud of incandescent ash in the creature's face. Without losing time, I strike out for another hit with my right fist, hoping to have dazed the creature long enough.

(OOC: The wiki article lists fire generation as an associated ability of ash mimicri, however I think I will limit myself to heat generation. So instead of breathing actual fire, I breathe out hot ash, which has a similar effect but is much more limited in range)
Showing 1-15 of 721