The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsWEPRWorst War in History

617 112671
Mustang2653
Mustang2653
29 posts
Nomad

I think it would have to be world war 2 because of all the lives that were lost

• 617 Replies
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I agree knight_34 von Papen and Schleicher really messed up.

The Treaty of Versailles definently alienated Hitler (slight underestimation) but there were other factors that made hitler so intent on expansion. The toV were definently a huge fator though.

Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

WWI did not directly cause WWII. Somehow when the chancellor died, Hitler became chancellor and declared himself the dictator of Germany. Then, in a few years he began hostilities but by 1939 in the invasion of Poland, the other countries felt that they had enough of Hitler's desire to expand his nation and they declared war on him. If Hitler didn't enter politics or if he was killed then, WWII would of not happened.

WWI was a big factor in what happened before and during WWII if there was no WWI the nazi party wouldn't exist and hitler wouldn't have become Fuhrer and WWII wouldn't have happened i mean i could go on and on about events in WWI that directly and indirectly caused WWII
MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

Any war where brave loyal men were killed fighting for the country they loved is a terrible war so all war is the same. If you disagree then you are wrong i don't care if you lose one man or a million men fighting still a father,mother,uncle,aunt,relative,or loved one. That person will never come home to say good-bye so all war is the worst war.

Flippin3500
Flippin3500
2,581 posts
Shepherd

I think the worst war would be the Cold War. Thousands were killed, because of prejudicial beliefs...

wooters
wooters
185 posts
Nomad

History has been repeating itself, flippin, there have been tons of wars because of prejudicial beliefs and there will be tons more. there is no one worst war in history.

IESA20
IESA20
153 posts
Nomad

Ok as of right now there can be no one worst war. It all depends on what country you are from. For America WWI and WWII were not as bad as for the European countries. Same if you look at the American Revolution, from an American view it was a good thing, but from a colonial England view it was a large loss. If we are saying that the worst war qualifies as the one with the most lives lost/most pointless; as an American i would have to say the American Civil War. More Americans were killed in the U.S. Civil War than Americans killed in just about every other war combined. For Germany it would be WWII because after WWI Germany recovered and became one of the worlds leading economies. After WWII the German people had practically no government, no economy, and no pride in their country.

IESA20
IESA20
153 posts
Nomad

o yea and we all know that the worst war will be the inevitable nuclear war, the entire world will suffer.

Stormchaser
Stormchaser
278 posts
Nomad

Ahem. 60,000 dead Americans, 300,000 missing not wounded Americans

ummm my number 59,159 is the number. rounding up makes 841 dead who didn't exist. Well then again there are 300,000 thousand missing which is over half the number of marines sent to vietnam.

300,000 wounded not missing thats plan silly. Where they go? lols they vanish
ajajaj92
ajajaj92
195 posts
Nomad

the old wars that happened before crist

lol im not that old to know their name

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

300,000 wounded

That figure is the number of ll US casualties, including wounded, killed and missing in action. They are not separate figures.
slayer5454
slayer5454
46 posts
Nomad

I think that the most bloody war was the American Civil War

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

More Americans were killed in the U.S. Civil War than Americans killed in just about every other war combined.

But surley that is only because both sides had Americans on. The English Civil War was the worst foe England in terms of losses. Why? Because Brits were on both sides.

the old wars that happened before christ

How far back? I'm always interested most in these kind of wars. which ones are you on about.
FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

How far back? I'm always interested most in these kind of wars. which ones are you on about.

Anything BC I guess. There were plenty ie Roman,Greek,Egyptian etc.
Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

The thing with certain BC wars is they quite far removed from what we normally understand. Half of them have a cyclops thrown in or good measure (ok maybe not) but many are only known from a few sources.

One of the most famous BC battles is Troy and that isn't real. (or is it?). I'm not sure of numbes for these ancient wars, as far as the number of soldiers in an army goes. The Romans did have great tactics and discipline. But they were vicious compared to the Greeks.

The Siege of Syracuse were Archimedes and his invenions (huge claws and light beams that could set fire to ships) kept the Romans out for awhile. The problem is that history is written by the wimmers and the romans were big winners.

wooters
wooters
185 posts
Nomad

I personally believe that Troy did happen, but im just a weird guy, so ya, I still say there is no one worst war, even BC

Showing 136-150 of 617