Bliztkreig
22 posts
Nomad

I don't even live in England and I learn a lot about the Brithish Civil War

LadyTurtleToes
LadyTurtleToes
310 posts
Nomad

Wow now I know I'm a stupid American. Maybe we did but I don't remember ever learning about the British Civil War...I feel really uneducated now. If anyone could post some relevent links I would really appreciate it (I'm gonna do some research on my own but I like to see what other people find too).

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

The worst war in History is about to begin

KingOfAthlum
KingOfAthlum
120 posts
Nomad

You have an extremely good point there. If America doesn't get it's act together we are gonna have a bigger mess than what it already is.
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

Well maybe, sure we could lose Hawaii in a few days but think of North Korea's enemies and how close they live:

South Korea, Russia, Japan, Europe

If they hit the Us with the Tadpole (I think thats the translation of their missile) they would be taken down for the count....

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Wow now I know I'm a stupid American. Maybe we did but I don't remember ever learning about the British Civil War...I feel really uneducated now. If anyone could post some relevent links I would really appreciate it (I'm gonna do some research on my own but I like to see what other people find too).

Lol, I bet most Americans even know that an English civil war occurred.

As for info, start on wiki for a basic overview, then for a more in-depth view, click on the sources cited on the bottom of the wiki page. They generally contain pretty good stuff.

You have an extremely good point there

It's actually extremely incorrect too. Technically, if something hasn't happened yet, it cannot be counted as history. Thought I'd just point that out.

In any case, it annoys me how many Americans have next war-itis. Stop doom mongering, unless you can actually provide some evidence to back up these incedulous claims.

Europe

Yep, because Europe is really close to North Korea, O wait...
jcrulez
jcrulez
421 posts
Nomad

@keeton its the frog missle. In Americas history i think the civil war was the worst because we killed our own brethren.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

In Americas history

not quite the question thuogh you are probably right.

Yep, because Europe is really close to North Korea, O wait...

meanie...

next war-itis.

The next war will be between me and my library if they don;t give me Stalingrad by Anthony Beevors soon... starting to take the mick
LadyTurtleToes
LadyTurtleToes
310 posts
Nomad

Lol, I bet most Americans even know that an English civil war occurred.

Lol yeah I felt pretty silly not having even heard of it. I already started reading the wiki article on it and it kind of shocks me that we weren't taught anything about it since it's seems like it probably had a pretty major role in creating the conditions that lead to the American Revolution. But I haven't really finished reading up on it, it covers a lot of history and political manuevering.

It's actually extremely incorrect too. Technically, if something hasn't happened yet, it cannot be counted as history. Thought I'd just point that out.

That was exactly the thought I couldn't figure out how to express about that. The doom mongering really bothers me too. If we (Americans) keep going on about what the next war is going to be we'll never finish the ones we're involved in now and the international community will have even more reason to dislike us.
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

i never said it happened yet, but nk promised to use its missile on Hawaii

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

meanie...

Picking on Americans failing at geography. It does seem a little too easy...

The next war will be between me and my library if they don;t give me Stalingrad by Anthony Beevors soon... starting to take the mick

Just cancel the delivery and buy it from a shop?

Lol yeah I felt pretty silly not having even heard of it. I already started reading the wiki article on it and it kind of shocks me that we weren't taught anything about it since it's seems like it probably had a pretty major role in creating the conditions that lead to the American Revolution. But I haven't really finished reading up on it, it covers a lot of history and political manuevering.

Stick at it. For anyone interested in social change, knowledge of this period should be compulsory.

That was exactly the thought I couldn't figure out how to express about that. The doom mongering really bothers me too. If we (Americans) keep going on about what the next war is going to be we'll never finish the ones we're involved in now and the international community will have even more reason to dislike us.

Americans love to start wars. All the doom mongering is just an excuse to keep funding them.
Antherin
Antherin
53 posts
Nomad

The American Civil War or WW2

keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

plain and simple vietnam

mottanthony14
mottanthony14
84 posts
Nomad

cival war three was around 600,000 deaths!

Mike412
Mike412
332 posts
Nomad

Kinda funny how Americans equate the American Civil War to a War that involved most of the world, killed upwards of 50-70 Million people and involved the Holocaust...

Showing 331-345 of 617