29 posts
Nomad

I think it would have to be world war 2 because of all the lives that were lost

• 617 Replies
daswiftarrow
daswiftarrow
873 posts
Nomad

Kinda funny how Americans equate the American Civil War to a War that involved most of the world, killed upwards of 50-70 Million people and involved the Holocaust...

i do hate how alot of the people go on and on about it...even though it was over 100 years ago
jumanjaz
jumanjaz
245 posts
Nomad

I think 'The Great War' is the worst war in history.Nineteen years ago, the armistice of November 11, 1918, brought to an end the worst war in history. "The Great War", as it became known, had involved the mobilisation of 70 million soldiers worldwide and changed the modern world irrevocably.Over thirteen million people died.

LadyTurtleToes
LadyTurtleToes
310 posts
Nomad

Americans love to start wars. All the doom mongering is just an excuse to keep funding them.

Personally I'm sick of wars. I'm tired of being part of a country that can't keep it's nose out of every other countries business. Unfortunatly I don't have the means to get out and I don't know that I would really want to be any where else. I think if I got the chance I wouldn't hesitate the get the heck off of Earth and never come back.

Picking on Americans failing at geography. It does seem a little too easy...

I never failed at geography. Though I have to admit that some Americans are pretty clueless about it. Some Americans are even clueless about American geography.

I have to say also that if Americans think the American Civil War was so bad because brother fought against brother then they should be mentioning the American Revolution as well because that happened then too. Wikipedia article on Loyalists.
Deth666
Deth666
653 posts
Nomad

plain and simple vietnam

it was definitely psychologically devastating to the soldiers involved but there weren't that many casualties compared to other wars

The Civil War was very brutal. Each side using Napoleonic tactics when the technology of the time had made those type of tactics obsolete. Because of the use of obsolete tactics the war was extremely brutal and extremely devastating to each side. The number of casualties is nowhere accurate since soldiers wounded in combat who later succumbed to their wounds were not reported as casualties. The Civil War may or may not be the worst war but it was definitely one of the bloodiest.
keeton52
keeton52
928 posts
Nomad

I change mine again sorry, The brutal war we are having here is the worst war in history....

Mike412
Mike412
332 posts
Nomad

The Civil War may or may not be the worst war but it was definitely one of the bloodiest.

Again, less than a million deaths
WW2-More than 50-70 million deaths. Which is bloodier?
Hell, I can get you ten wars that killed more people than that, the only reason why we seem to think its more violent than other wars is because we're American, so it really only matters to us.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Again, less than a million deaths
WW2-More than 50-70 million deaths. Which is bloodier?

Bloody doesn't have to constitute death toll. I think he had a valid reason for putting it up their in the bloodiest wars of all time. Perhaps it isn;t quite a war but 36.4 million north and meso-americasns died when the Spanish arrived on the continent and that is all with out nice cushy guns (I think they had some but they wern't overly advanced)
dudeguy45
dudeguy45
2,920 posts
Peasant

Also, the Rwanda massacre was more brutal than the holocaust in terms of time. One million killed in only 100 days.

FireflyIV
FireflyIV
3,224 posts
Nomad

Also, the Rwanda massacre was more brutal than the holocaust in terms of time. One million killed in only 100 days.

Even though technically the Holocaust is generally considered the entire period 1939-45, most of the gassing of the Jews took place in a few months in late 42, early 43, so the Holocaust still tops the Rwandan genocide with regards to deaths per days.
loloynage2
loloynage2
4,210 posts
Peasant

I think the worst war is ween the europeen went killing all the first nation for territory, gold, and stuff. The incas, mayas, and other first nation were killed for gold! thats the most self-fish act ever.

insertwittynamehere
insertwittynamehere
69 posts
Nomad

I'm gonna have to say WW2 and the holocaust because yeah... over 6 million Jew lives were lost.

insertwittynamehere
insertwittynamehere
69 posts
Nomad

I'm gonna have to say WW2 and the holocaust because yeah... over 6 million Jew lives were lost.

Have to edit that now.... I'm gonna have to say WW2 BECAUSE of the Holocaust.
Bliztkreig
Bliztkreig
22 posts
Nomad

Wars with Flad the Impalier. He made the forest of the impaled wit his pretty gruesome. FYI Flad is also the real Count Dracule.

Lain
Lain
176 posts
Nomad

The Hudred Years War. Not because of destruction or lives lost, but because it was so long the progression of Western Civilization got totally sidetracked for a hundred years.

segaleo
segaleo
2 posts
Nomad

WW2!!! USSR saved the world!

Showing 346-360 of 617