The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsWEPRWorst War in History

617 112676
Mustang2653
Mustang2653
29 posts
Nomad

I think it would have to be world war 2 because of all the lives that were lost

• 617 Replies
Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

I'll back you up on this one Fyrefox, it's true that there is no worst war, except in people's opinions. They beleive that there is a worst war out there, but in reality, there is no worst war in history.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

I think World War II was the worst for deaths per soldier ratio and it lead to the nuclear bomb (yay enough destructive power to destroy the world 5 times over thats useful). English Civil war was pretty bad on a more personal level, obviously most people out there don't care but hey, the death toll was very high, the worst in English history (probably becasue we were figting on both sides) plus it gave Oliver Cromwell the Lord Protectorship of England making it a Republic.

Smellwreck
Smellwreck
33 posts
Nomad

This may not technically a war but I would say that the entire continent of Africa is, and always has been, the worst conflict zone. Africa is never at peace.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

ww11 waas the worst

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

I totally forgot about the English Civil war, that was quite a bad war as well

Ralphocop
Ralphocop
102 posts
Nomad

What a stupid question... its like picking the most 'evil' murderer in history their all bad. (My answer is all wars are worst)

Fritz_Rublehem
Fritz_Rublehem
1,076 posts
Nomad

True Ralphocop, no war is the worst, they are all horrible, and not one stands out from the rest as the worst I'd say.

Bobitho
Bobitho
262 posts
Nomad

[quote]I am going to say the Spanish Inquisition. Not only did a lot of people die for VERY wrong reasons, they burned a lot of books. Around 1550 AD they burned about 16,000 books in one sitting. They burned all books and people with new ideas.
This just barely predates the Age of Englightenment, so think about all of those ideas that got lost through the Inquisition. It kind of saddens me.

I agree fully

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

All wars are horrible. The worst war would be WWII. How does the Inquisition compare? The Inquisition is not even a war. It was not fought between two factions. Anyway, WWII caused the most suffering.

World War II, or the Second World War,[1] (often abbreviated WWII or WW2) was a global military conflict which involved a majority of the world's nations, including all of the great powers,[2] organised into two opposing military alliances: the Allies and the Axis. The war involved the mobilisation of over 100 million military personnel, making it the most widespread war in history. In a state of "total war", the major participants placed their complete economic, industrial, and scientific capabilities at the service of the war effort, erasing the distinction between civilian and military resources. Over 70 million people, the majority of them civilians, were killed, making it the deadliest conflict in human history.[3]

Quoted from Wikipedia.
texcido
texcido
320 posts
Nomad

Although if wasn't a war, but the time that Mao was in control of China was the worst. It's estimated that 70 - 200 million people died in that time.

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

Well, all wars are bad, all the senseless killing, innocent lives lost. You can't say how bad a war is based on number of lives lost. Each life is priceless. Ban Wars! Peace for the Earth! Support the Pacifist cause! But if it is based on lives...( it's a whole new story)

Somers
Somers
1,532 posts
Nomad

Probably the United States civil war...millions of lives were lost and it tore a country apart

nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

I think perhaps the Spanish Invasion of the Americas. Three major civilizations were wiped out( Incas, Aztecs, Mayas), the remnants turned into slaves, the culture and religion unique to the continent( although the human sacrifice was glory) wiped out and the population forced to take on another belief that was alien to them. Not too mention most of the nobility and leaders were murdered ( The Incan Emperor was killed even after paying a huge ransom), their cities were left in ruin( to be discovered only a few centuries later), all because the Spanish wanted some gold, fame( for killing innocent people?) and to convert people en masse.

But maybe WWII is also the worst war, for seperating families, millions of lives just thrown away, people tortured( Nazi Camps, Japanese torture centres) and for spawning a most terrible weapon- the Atomic Bomb that would sadly, lead to more world conflict in the form of the Cold War.

knight_34
knight_34
13,817 posts
Farmer

I think perhaps the Spanish Invasion of the Americas. Three major civilizations were wiped out( Incas, Aztecs, Mayas), the remnants turned into slaves, the culture and religion unique to the continent( although the human sacrifice was glory) wiped out and the population forced to take on another belief that was alien to them. Not too mention most of the nobility and leaders were murdered ( The Incan Emperor was killed even after paying a huge ransom), their cities were left in ruin( to be discovered only a few centuries later), all because the Spanish wanted some gold, fame( for killing innocent people?) and to convert people en masse.

But maybe WWII is also the worst war, for seperating families, millions of lives just thrown away, people tortured( Nazi Camps, Japanese torture centres) and for spawning a most terrible weapon- the Atomic Bomb that would sadly, lead to more world conflict in the form of the Cold War.

Nice to see your opinion. The Spanish Invasion to me isn't exactly a war but some people believe to be a war, like you.

WWII is horrible and I believe it is the worst because more people died than other wars and it was fought on a global scale.
nichodemus
nichodemus
14,990 posts
Grand Duke

[/quote]Nice to see your opinion. The Spanish Invasion to me isn't exactly a war but some people believe to be a war, like you.[quote]

Well actually it may not be a war. More a senseless massacre and utter destruction of civilizations. But then again the natives fought back didn't they? ( There was a siege of the Aztec Capital for example) And the Spanish could not subdue some of the natives till years later.

Showing 76-90 of 617