ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314869
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
razaki
razaki
263 posts
Nomad

Ok, you seem to be equating basic brain functions with the complete ability to think...not so fast.

Involuntary muscle contractions do not mean that the fetus is actually experiencing any kind of consciousness, it simply means that it has developed a very basic brain.

There's a line there that you're completely jumping over.

iFish
iFish
442 posts
Nomad

wats abortion?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

It's what happens when Fish get out of line in the forums...

muhaha...

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Oh, you witty young lass you! Nearly spilled my tea and scones due to me chortling at your sass. Bravo, bravo.

Now, you see, myself I would of lost my composure in this situation. With a look of evil glee in my eye(viewed past my monocle) and much ferver I would of drawn out my ban hammer and wolloped the scamp. Then I would most likely regret it and then just give the lil' imp a verbal thrashing. But it is all a rather silly point since I have no such powers. So I would be more likely to go "Wot, no ban hammer?" and sulk in my bed.

chiliad_nodi
chiliad_nodi
637 posts
Peasant

In american english.
Anyway, a brain, no matter how simple, is still a brain. A brain creates a subconciousnous, which counts as a conciousnous, even if there is no real conciousness.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,826 posts
Duke

I don't think consciousness can be reductive explained that easily. And besides, there are many animals with brains that we kill on a daily basis. What's the difference... I mean besides the obvious?
Also subconsciousness is a state of consciousness and and such is a condition of the necessary state of being conscious.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Pfft, I enjoy lapsing into random British at times. It amuses me.

Okay, we have heard the argument "OMG teh babees hav brain and teh subconshisnes" stuff over and over again. Quite frankly, I am getting bored by it. It is akin to a lot of religious arguments where they just spout the same stuff over and over again, hoping to make everyone else see their way through pure rote acts.

Going off of what Moegreche said:
There is difference between a fully developed human subconcious and an unborn child, if indeed there is even one in the latter. I would put the unborn subconcious right along with, say, a blind cave newt.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,826 posts
Duke

Hey now, don't start knocking blind cave newts! They throw great dinner parties

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Well, I can not argue. They do make a rather smashing figgy pudding and mulled wine. Kinda off putting, seeing that they can not..well..see. Makes conversations rather akward. Never quite sure who they are looking at.

Drognar
Drognar
534 posts
Nomad

My opinion on abortion is this-life is life and no matter how easy or how unsuspecting it is you shouldn't be allowed to murder it. Everything has the right to live.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Drognar, that's a slippery slope you present. Where do you draw the line? Are you not going to ever eat meat again? If you see a black widow in your house are you going to let it go?

Paba16
Paba16
229 posts
Nomad

abortion is a sad thing its taking a life thats never even seen light.

RoY_aHoI77
RoY_aHoI77
163 posts
Jester

hm abortion is a thing only for woman
they're the only who could decide
a man has no feeling about whats going on in a woman and this "life" she has to decide on.

(i think is it with 4-5 month, before that its just electricityshocks plasma and cells but thats only my opinion and in this discuss everybody thinks different cause nobody knows real )

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

...if I saw a black widow in my house I would name in "Marie" and put it someones bed who was named Ron. To Drag Ron out of bed. Mhmm.

Why do any of you care so much about that? I am sure even a modern day Jesus would not be as uptight as you guys. The way you say it, you make it sound like abortions are performed by punching a pregnant woman in the stomach for a couple hours. Just to make sure.

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Devoid, as always you make me laugh out loud, literally. People do take this very personally because of self-preservation, I suppose. Gotta save all us humans! Yarrrr!

@ Roy
So men may not care, but I'm sure a lot do. That kind of blanket statement just makes no sense.

Showing 151-165 of 1508