ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 311297
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

geh, a fetus is neraly unaware of anything at that stage in development. I ask, do you remember whe nyou were born? Probably not, as the memory area of the brain is not fully developed, therefore, I believe it is nearly impossible that they are aware of anything interesting, as many babies even when they are born, cannot do much to remember anything that early.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

and I could care less if I was to be aborted, it didn't happen, so I'm good, if she feels that way about me, then I am sorry but I cannot change who i am, it is just that way.

Bloody_Wolf
Bloody_Wolf
103 posts
Peasant

Old people lose their memory too, but we don't consider them inhuman. Furthermore, memory has nothing to do with the process of observation. Just as a baby could observe the womb and forget, you could be having a meal right now that you are fully experiencing, enjoying the taste, observing the color and texture of the food, but a week later you may remember nothing of what you observed. Thus, future memory is not a requirement for present awareness. Even further, I have returned to a womb-like environment many times in my dreams since being born, so my brain must remember SOMETHING about that place.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

oi, but the fact is you won't remember it, therefor it is a lost cause to consider that in terms of this, and I never said that those who forget are inhuman, so where'd you get that oneO.o!? but geh on the whole thing, abortion should be a choice for abuse victims, as I had said in my earlier statements, and NOT careless teens who can't keep themselves under control.

Blakboiballa
Blakboiballa
65 posts
Nomad

you shouldnt take an innocent life. even though the girl has free will but it is bad.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

But say it WAS considered to have you aborted, hypothetically, how would you feel? But I agree with you Raptor, if it's just not practical to have a child, there's nothing to be done. And about adoption, it's great, but there just aren't enough people out there who are looking to adopt to take all of the kids that someone has given birth to because they couldn't do anything about it. Here, you can insert the appropriate comment about abstinence, but I'm referring to the responsible portion of the public who can stand to go for a while without getting themselves or their partners pregnant.

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

blakboiballa, if you were abused and found out you were pregnat, would you even want to keep the baby? While yes, many people will, but what about those who are planning on finishing school, going to college, they'd have to completely change their life plans because of something like that. and once again I'm NOT talking about out-of control teens cause I think that's what you're talking about Lennywins, however I'm not quite sure

Bloody_Wolf
Bloody_Wolf
103 posts
Peasant

In those cases of molestation resulting in pregnancy, I still don't see why the baby should suffer for the actions of its father. Why should the child indeed suffer the death penalty for a crime it did not commit?

Now, I know we've been talking about irresponsible promiscuity vs. cases of molestation, but think about what percentage of unexpected pregnancies result from molestation as opposed to irresponsibility. If you look at only the molestation cases, there are definitely more than enough adoption opportunities to cover all of those. Now, if an irresponsible person got pregnant, she shouldn't burden another person with the result of her mistake. She should leave the adoption opportunities for the ones who need it and carry the burden herself.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Bloody Wolf, I understand what you are saying, but the fact is that you are not a woman. You never have to worry about making that decision.

If a woman was raped, and got pregnant as a result, you would expect her to carry it to term even though every day it causes her pain? Even though she hates the father, and the thing growing inside of her? For 9 months, you would want to force her to hate herself and her body, and likely from then on after because of how emotional it would be?

Women do not get abortions just to do them. It is not an every day thing. You have to realize that women only do it when there is no other option, when they cannot handle it.

I am just curious, do you disagree with the Day After Pill?

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

In response to the post you just put up, it is not just the child that suffers here. You have to think about the woman as well, and how much she may suffer.

Bloody_Wolf
Bloody_Wolf
103 posts
Peasant

Of course I'm not a woman, but if I got pregnant as a result of abuse, sure, I would feel "violated," but I would not feel "vile," because it wasn't my fault, or the baby's. I would keep the baby even in that case, because I couldn't live with myself if I chose abortion. And even if I were planning to finish school, I know I could do it with the help of my friends. Anyone can do the same.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

Hmmm... Good point. My arguments cancel each other out. But you summed up what I meant anyways. Those that are irresponsible should carry the weight, not dump it off on someone else and do it again. THOSE are the people that really grind my gears.

Bloody_Wolf
Bloody_Wolf
103 posts
Peasant

Hmm, Carlie, I guess I can answer that. I am not against any form of pre-conceptive birth control, however, I am against the Day After Pill, because it kills a life that had already been created.

Lennywins
Lennywins
130 posts
Nomad

Wow, people are posting so fast that if I try to respond to something, by the time I've typed it up there are already three posts between mine and the one I'm responding to. Guess I should just type faster...

RaptorExx
RaptorExx
2,202 posts
Farmer

oi, that's what I said in the beginning!!! XD either way, I'm not changing my mind, while the child does yes get the 'death penalty', as you call it, but think of it like this, if the mother lets the child live, she will never truely love that child the way she could love a child not forced and ect upon her, therefore, it would be better that the child dnot be born, lest suffer the sad eyes of the mother when they fall upon the child

understand my logic?

Showing 16-30 of 1508