ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314922
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

Here's something new...

Go to drlaura.com and listen to her for the next 2 hours.
You'll catch my drift then.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

And devoidless... its DaMasta, not DaMaster

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

I am sorry, I do not want to listen to some dryed-up old gal talk to me about sex. I already had to sit through sex ed. as a kid, and that was enough for a lifetime.

And the main point of this topic when I made it was to get the individual to think and such. Not just site someone else.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

FYI... that "dryed-up old gal" happens to be right about a lot more topics than abortion.

I just want you to see the light.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

See the light? I am sorry, but I do not need to be enlightened any more than I already am. If I really wanted to become more wordly, I would be in Tibet right now. Mayhap later I will.

But what do you believe personally? That is what I want to know. Not what some woman 'knows', not what some old priest 'knows.' What you think.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

ok, old man. CALM DOWN.

I beliee that if you aren't mature (or financially ready) to have a kid, you shouldn't have unprotected sex.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

True, but the fact is that people DO have unprotected sex. So, if that happens, and a women gets pregnant, what do you think the options should be, DaMasta?

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

First, Because I follow my beliefs, I won't ever have to deal with this craziness.

Second, The female (anyone that is in this situation is not a mature woman) should give the baby to a stable home with a couple who want a baby but can't have one.

Third, if you want to have unprotected sex and dont want a kid, the female should get her tubes tied (if you know what I mean).

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

I find it interesting that you say the female would get her tubes tied. What about the male? If you ask me, in most situations it should be the guy that gets his 'tubes tied'. Not only is it a much easier and less painful procedure, but it is an outpatient procedure as well, AND it can be reversed. For women, the procedure is painful, they have to have hospital time, and it is not reversible.

But moving on from that... say there is a situation where the woman is attacked, or the being pregnant puts her life in danger. What do you think about abortion as an option then?

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

Thats a different story.

If I were king and a girl got pregnant off a rape, I would make the guy take care of the baby (that would teach him a lesson)

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

Ok, so you think abortion would be wrong them. But why should the woman have to deal with 9 months of hell, while the guy doesn't have to do anything? And personally, I wouldn't want a rapist caring for my child.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

In addition to that argument, making a rapist raise a child is not only punishing the mother, and the father, but the child as well. Why should you punish all three people, when you could just put the man in jail and the woman could just get an abortion.

Raistlin847
Raistlin847
270 posts
Nomad

Yah, making the rapist take care of the child wouldn't work. Since a rapist is already a sick individual, he might do something eg: rape, kill, or some other horrible thing, to the child.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

ok,ok.

if you don't want the kid, give it to a family that wants one but can't.

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

But my argument, is why should a woman have to go through those 9 months? It isn't fair to the woman.

Showing 286-300 of 1508