ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314921
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
DecadentDragon
DecadentDragon
242 posts
Nomad

Yes, nature will handle overpopulation, and we see examples of that on TV all the time. One one hand you have thoughtless people who breed with no consideration for anything besides their sex drive. On the other hand you have Save The Children (so that they can grow up and breed with no consideration for anything besides their sex drive).

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,826 posts
Duke

What if nature handles the overpopulation problem with some rampant disease or genetic flaw (both of which are quite probable).
In that case, the people who are having babies have indirectly brought about a catastrophe that could kill many people, including those who don't have kids. From an argument of utility, then, it's wrong to have kids and abortion is suddenly preferable to actually having children.

lamas_own
lamas_own
103 posts
Nomad

i think it is a bad thing killing a inocent life but i can understand some people cant take care of a baby cant they have someone adopt the baby instead of killing it?

xgamer424
xgamer424
240 posts
Nomad

well think of the abusive parents would it be better for the child to get beaten or die before there life becomes worse.

ps.
i am not saying all parents are abusive.

Megamickel
Megamickel
902 posts
Peasant

I'm not saying abolish abortion. In fact, legalizing it would prevent back-alley abortions, which are far more dangerous. What I am saying is that it should be a LAST RESORT. I understand that sometimes a woman might be raped, or might be seriously endangered by childbirth. But girls who don't realize what they're doing and get pregnant need to know that abortion is available, but the LAST thing to consider. A life is a life, and that infant should have a chance. But in some situations, perhaps abortion would only save it a life of being unwanted and suffering.

Logan47
Logan47
65 posts
Nomad

abortion is wrong its killing an innocnet life!

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

It's this simple - a condom costs less than $10. That will save everyone all the heartache.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Well, that has already been discussed briefly. Even though condoms seem like a simple, cheap answer for most people that fact of the matter is that where unwanted pregnancies are a problem happen to be the same areas where condoms just do not fall into the budget. It might be down to getting condoms, or eat for day/keeping up with rent.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

If you can't afford protection and don't want a kid, then you shouldn't be messin around!

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Haha, easier said than done. Sometimes when opportunity is knocking, it is far to easy to say yes.

Birth-control being so expensive is just not right. Even being a decently paid male American, I somtimes still cringe a little when I see the prices on condoms. It just seems wrong to make profit on people having sex and in a sense making them by such things. But, you know, that is just me.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

All the evidence I need is on one day of the Dr. Laura radio program (by the way, it is starting in a few minutes), which is syndicated worldwide.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

I just thought of another solution - if someone loves someone else so much, why don't they get married first?

Niceguy878
Niceguy878
220 posts
Nomad

Who cares if someone is selfish enough to kill something they created, not my problem. It's not like we can stop it... even if someone ended it, they might find other ways to get rid of their baby, that could get violent.

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

The sad part is that they don't count an unborn baby as a life. You can legally kill your unborn baby, but if you kill a newborn, you get charged for murder. This is too much of a double-standard.

Here's another solution - adoption.

Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

DaMaster: Here is something for you to do.

Go back a read over the past pages. Your ideas have already been discussed many times over the lifespan of this topic. It will help you to bring new stuff to the table.

Showing 271-285 of 1508