ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314926
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
SneakyAssasin21
SneakyAssasin21
26 posts
Nomad

I don't think that an abortion is right if your parents got an abortion with you you would not be living and writing about this. I do think it is major to take someones life. would you want your parents to get an abortion when you were a baby?

Asherlee
Asherlee
5,001 posts
Shepherd

Sneaky, don't you think there are certain situations that merit an abortion?

SneakyAssasin21
SneakyAssasin21
26 posts
Nomad

carlie: would you want your parents to kill you as a child just beccause they thought it was unfair

SneakyAssasin21
SneakyAssasin21
26 posts
Nomad

yes but on rare acasions

Carlie
Carlie
6,823 posts
Blacksmith

My parents did not have that issue. And if I was aborted, I would not care. Because I would not be here to care. I am saying, in a situation where the mother is taken advantage of, why would the mother have to bear the burden?

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

Also, there have been more than .5 million abortions since Roe v. Wade.
One of those babies could have fond a cure for cancer by now.

SneakyAssasin21
SneakyAssasin21
26 posts
Nomad

yes but you really don't think it is very easy to say that but if you weren't here a you were aboted then you probably would want life

SneakyAssasin21
SneakyAssasin21
26 posts
Nomad

that is true if someone is aboted they might of been able to take away bad thing in life but on the other hand they could amit to it

SneakyAssasin21
SneakyAssasin21
26 posts
Nomad

what do you think damasta333

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

What I haven't heard anyone talking about is the psycological effects on the female.

I'm listening to Dr. Laura, and she just shared a story of a 16 year old girl who commited suicide because of the guilt of having an abortion the previous year.

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,826 posts
Duke

Speaking of dried up old things, those arguments are also overused and not really considered to be valid. Can we not come up with a unique argument on this issue?

SneakyAssasin21
SneakyAssasin21
26 posts
Nomad

I do think at young ages they do have a heavy wieght on their shoulders.also they are allready handling thing that are social and school related or family problems like divorces with there parents

DaMasta333
DaMasta333
359 posts
Nomad

The reason I keep repeating these facts is because they are the cold, hard truth.

SneakyAssasin21
SneakyAssasin21
26 posts
Nomad

see ya

Moegreche
Moegreche
3,826 posts
Duke

What facts? The .5 million argument? The suicidal girl? These don't really support the argument to ban abortion.
So some girl felt bad because she had an abortion - then she should have gone to therapy or whatever, but to say that no one should have an abortion because some girl was depressed and killed herself just doesn't really apply normatively.

Showing 301-315 of 1508