ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 314975
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Well,**** unplanned pregnancy and other things are ok for abortion..I think certain stuiations are suitable for it..but if it is already in the larger fetis sate then i would say just have it,give it for adoption..and uh,Were "Basically" all blobs of cells arent we

sorry guys,ummm...i DID NOT CUSS,uh i forgot what i put there,but weird..this might get deleted,but just letting you guys who see this know i didnt post anything innapropiate.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

It is just because r@pe is star'd out, theone.

Oh, and: it is not only 'children' getting abortions, but also responsible adults, Agent.

Agent_86
Agent_86
2,132 posts
Nomad

Once again...****, incest, and accidents. I don't feel like typing out the whole thing.
Accidents?! I've never heard of someone getting pregnant because of an "accident"...
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

I've never heard of someone getting pregnant because of an "accident"...

Really? So, condoms don't break, girls don't forget to take their birth control, and contraceptives don't work every once in a while? It must be my imagination.
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Accidents?! I've never heard of someone getting pregnant because of an "accident"...

Broken condoms, pills not working, and so on...
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

an accident can be defined as in rape..imagine,being 11 and getting raped and getting pregnant,would you have the baby?

Broken condoms, pills not working, and so on...

those are good examples..just not if your under 18..or 17 in my state.
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

just not if your under 18..or 17 in my state.

I know plenty of girls that are on birth control that are under 18. Is that going to be illegal now too?
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

In Denmark birth control pills are prescripted to girls with menses problems, like awful cramps and so, and condoms can be bought almost everywhere.
Just saying that when it so easy, it is also easy to have an accident like the once I mentioned.

So much for US sexual education?

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

In Denmark birth control pills are prescripted to girls with menses problems, like awful cramps and so, and condoms can be bought almost everywhere.

Same in the United States. Contraceptives also are supposed to help clear up acne, which is why many girls use it as well. Condoms can be bought at any drug store, and are free at any Planned Parenting clinic.
theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

So much for US sexual education?

What i think is see,the age should be..hmm i dont know..

Well back on topic,sexual ed..in which way do you mean "So much"
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Just meant that if you are unable to get condoms, or people shun you if you do, then there is so much bigger possibility for pregnancies and sexual tranfered diseases. You would not believe how much bad I have heard about US sexual education, really...

theone99
theone99
3,041 posts
Shepherd

Just meant that if you are unable to get condoms, or people shun you if you do, then there is so much bigger possibility for pregnancies and sexual tranfered diseases. You would not believe how much bad I have heard about US sexual education, really...

oh ok,,thanks..well also,remember kids,condoms DO NOT protect against all diseases.
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

I'm guessing the 'so much' is Cenere's way of saying 'this proofs how bad the sex ed is in the US'...

Btw, if you want my opinion on this matter, you can pretty much just read what kris have stated recently... I widely agree...

As for the abstinence being a solution to unwanted pregnancies... Oh sigh. These days, that just aint gonna happen.

Getting an abortion is not a contraceptive alternative and not a pleasant thing to go through. But I do believe it is the woman's choice (up until a certain time, where getting an abortion involves more complications and risks than actually carying it full term).

Who was it that made those excellent posts about why a fetus should have more right to a woman's uterus than herself? I liked that argument.

Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

At least not when you have oral sex... Birth control pills and condoms together should really be the best. Knowing your partner is good too.
Abortion is a serious thing, really, and you should always try to avoid that last possibility. Taking responsibility for yourself and your partner is a must...

Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

Double ninja'ed...
And no, condoms does not protect against all diseases, but they are possibly the best protection against the sexually transferred ones.
Also when it comes t oral sex (when it is performed on a male, otherwise you'll need to find some of those plastic sheet thingies).
Of course they fail sometimes. Which is why there are those pills a girl/woman can take within 24 hours of the intercourse (where a condom popped or something like that), that is meant to make her start menstruating shortly after taking it...
I think that's how it works...
Such pills can actually solve a lot of the problems you mention with accidental pregnancies...

Showing 691-705 of 1508