ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 315019
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
Zophia
Zophia
9,434 posts
Scribe

It's not human-like it's human, and it's SUPPOSED to be there.
Supposed to, as in...?

And you got his question wrong. He was making a hypothetical wondering...
Cenere
Cenere
13,657 posts
Jester

Hmm, under a faulty birth, the doctors would do all the could to save the mother, and then the child /random though.

Adoption is rather important to have, as long as it is not misused, though this happen rarely, as I know of.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

But do not force your opinions on anyone else. It is a decision that individuals need to make.

That your opinion your forcing onto me. I'm not saying it's wrong but ever law is someone forcing their opinions on another person. WE can't have fireworks in Ohio (my state) I think we should someones forcing their opinion on me.
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

That your opinion your forcing onto me. I'm not saying it's wrong but ever law is someone forcing their opinions on another person. WE can't have fireworks in Ohio (my state) I think we should someones forcing their opinion on me.

Poor grammar, but I'll try to make a reply :P

Opinions are something you are getting a bit confused about, samy. Opinions may be influenced by your surroundings, but you can't be forced to like or dislike anything. Not having fireworks isn't forcing any opinions down your throat; it's just not allowed. And I believe the law is, no fireworks that go above 10 feet.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Opinions are something you are getting a bit confused about, samy. Opinions may be influenced by your surroundings, but you can't be forced to like or dislike anything. Not having fireworks isn't forcing any opinions down your throat; it's just not allowed. And I believe the law is, no fireworks that go above 10 feet.

I'm not sure about the exact law. Also I get what your saying but laws are just that, "I want to kill oh I can, but I don't get the repercusions of being in jail if I don't kill."I'm not sure if you get my point it's pretty hard to show it over the internet. I'm just trying to say that peoples opinions are "forced" on you every day.
Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

Hmmm... should it be illegal to discard your sperm since it is one of the processes for a potential human?

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Hmmm... should it be illegal to discard your sperm since it is one of the processes for a potential human?

Well, there is that one verse in the Bible...I'm sure Samy could find it for you.
Estel
Estel
1,973 posts
Peasant

Now if a woman goes to a sperm bank, injects it, (or however you do it :P) and THEN decides she wants an abortion; now that is just flat out wrong in my book. Not only is it a waste, but you knew perfectly well what was going to happen, and yet, you still get an abortion.

I wonder how many woman are really that stupid?
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

That's interesting Estel...I wonder if any women have ever done that before?

Eshploded
Eshploded
469 posts
Nomad

That's a response I wasn't expecting at all. (I bet there's a few out there that would do that. :O)

Cough* Seeing as each gamete (sperm) would code for (nearly randomized) DNA for a different human, getting rid of the gametes would cause the potential human to disappear, which would be the same as killing an embryo.

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Cough* Seeing as each gamete (sperm) would code for (nearly randomized) DNA for a different human, getting rid of the gametes would cause the potential human to disappear, which would be the same as killing an embryo.

So I'm a murderer? OH SHI-...I mean...Hmmm, that must suck.
tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

wow i hate when people say abortion is murder that is a bunch of bull

it is their choice if u want to be a freaking mother or not

Merciless_Mercenary
Merciless_Mercenary
446 posts
Nomad

I hate it when people get pregnant and then abort the baby.
If you don't want to be a mom DON'T get pregnant! use contraception or something.

Deciding to bear and raise a child is not something to be taken lightly. I hate how society requires you to get a degree in law or medicine etc. but not for being a parent.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

The thing is, that there are sometimes when you need to have an abortion to save the mother. The main problem with what mercenary said was that there are many cases where the punishment for being pregnant at a young age like that would be death, which is too extreme. Abortion before the end of the first trimester should be legal for medical reasons, but after the first three months, it is basically murder. Before that, however, the baby is not developed very much. Sometimes, a person needs an abortion. Other times, it's unnecessary.

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

yea merciles what if they did use protection and it didnt work

Showing 841-855 of 1508