ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 315012
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
Merciless_Mercenary
Merciless_Mercenary
446 posts
Nomad

Without justification, abortion can be considered murder to some extent. But if there is a good reason for the abortion, then it is understandable. Also, what zootsuit reposted is interesting, and really the most objective view possible.

I completely agree.
Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

Some people dont think that they are killing a child that can't protect itself. If you agree with Abortion (Aka; Killing a helpless child) I will look at you with funny eyes and disrespect.

Merciless_Mercenary
Merciless_Mercenary
446 posts
Nomad

Some people dont think that they are killing a child that can't protect itself. If you agree with Abortion (Aka; Killing a helpless child) I will look at you with funny eyes and disrespect.

Read all the previous posts.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Some people don't look at abortion like they are mercilessly killing a baby that can't protect itself. If you don't agree with Abortion (Aka; either euthanizing a baby, stopping a rape pregnancy, or saving a mother's life) I will look at you with funny eyes and disrespect.

There, I fixed ot for you.

Hitler_Junior
Hitler_Junior
16 posts
Nomad

In an akward way I'm for but also against abortions. because on one hand if your pregnant and don't want to be that's really the only way out of it. but on the other hand it is considered murder becuase your prematuraly killing human life. but sad to think that a baby is going to be murdered especially in such a grusome matter.

Graham
Graham
8,051 posts
Nomad

But if there is a good reason for the abortion, then it is understandable.

all humans have different opinions, that is an opinionated statement..someone could get an abortion and think it is a good reason because her fatness hurt her side a little when she got up from the bed.

the only grey part of it that i actually think the mother should get one is if:
the baby is going to die anyway and take the mother with it
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

By "good reason," I meant a good medical reason.

Antherin
Antherin
53 posts
Nomad

I am 100% against abortion because.
1: that boy/girl could have a good life and/or invent something that could impact the economy or every day life for the btter.

2: if they dont want the child put it up for adoption

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

@antherin, what if having the baby would kill the mom? What if it was a rape pregnancy? What if the mom is too poor for adoption? You'r argument fails.

caucasiafro
caucasiafro
338 posts
Nomad

what if the child we be born into a broken home, what if their mom is a drug addict.
And I think the "what if they invite something important" argument is stupid because there is a greater chance that they will end up being a killer.
And for the most part a smart person is born into a smarter or rich family who (very likely) planned the child. Because with the way things are right now a poor person wouldnt end up getting very good schooling, its sad and really horrible but its the truth.
And at our currant birth rates the planet wouldnt be able to support the population. I mean 500 years ago 3 of 5 kids a person had will die but its not the same anymore.

But if people werent just told not to do it and were told to use condoms this wouldnt be a problem.

Blkasp
Blkasp
1,304 posts
Nomad

what if the child we be born into a broken home, what if their mom is a drug addict.
And I think the "what if they invite something important" argument is stupid because there is a greater chance that they will end up being a killer.
And for the most part a smart person is born into a smarter or rich family who (very likely) planned the child. Because with the way things are right now a poor person wouldnt end up getting very good schooling, its sad and really horrible but its the truth.
And at our currant birth rates the planet wouldnt be able to support the population. I mean 500 years ago 3 of 5 kids a person had will die but its not the same anymore.

There is still that chance that he will not be a drug addict and killer - I know lots of people who were raised up in a real bad environment and they turned out to be one of the best people I know!
Talo
Talo
945 posts
Nomad

Abortion is fine, it's the mother that needs to be fixed after it though

Merciless_Mercenary
Merciless_Mercenary
446 posts
Nomad

This argument has two sides Logic and Moral.

Lynoth
Lynoth
509 posts
Nomad

This argument has two sides Logic and Moral.

Some people have morals which compel them to do what is logical. So no, it's not exactly black and white, but that can explain most people's opinions.

I am different though. In some strange ways I both agree and disagree with abortion. It really depends on my mood. However, I can definitly say that I am very against abortion as a means of birth control.

A couple of days ago I saw some protesters holding up signs that said "Pray for the end of abortion." and I have to say that that is just wrong. Religion should have nothing to do with abortion. It may help you to decide what your opinion is, but really? It should have NOTHING to do with the government's opinion on it.
darkbloodraven
darkbloodraven
21 posts
Nomad

i am with you on the choice but i think that if a girl that has gotten pregant on a druken accident i think they should be able to anyways and honestly i have no religion but i think everything has a chance to live but it is there choice and there choice alone people will want to convince them but they won't if that person is stuborn.

Showing 901-915 of 1508