ForumsWEPRAbortion

1508 315006
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

What my peers here think?

I would like to try and avoid a buch of rabid Catholics and Christians falling back only on the religious reasons and what have you. However, I do not see how that can be dodged.

My view? I'm for it. If a woman wants to get one, it is her choice. Some people seem to act like if one woman gets an abortion, it means that all the rest have to. If the child in question is not yours, butt out.

Also, on a lighter note, I say that abortions should be allowed when kids are up to 18 years old. That would solve a lot of headaches, eh?

• 1,508 Replies
Devoidless
Devoidless
3,675 posts
Jester

Or...not? Cuz that'd be bad.

Kthnxbye.

Pixie214
Pixie214
5,838 posts
Peasant

Or...not? Cuz that'd be bad.

I think you found your decent argument against it.

I pretty much agree with you and I think you;ve got all the kajor points in their.
fourtytwo
fourtytwo
698 posts
Nomad

is killing the potential for sentient life as bad or worse than killing actual life?
How is "leaving a helpless, premature baby in a lady's womb going to kill her? Of course, you might say this...
The fetus is causing direct, physical harm to a woman

...but how? How does the fetus cause "direct and physical harm?" I've heard of people dying because they are giving birth, but it was their own choice. It is the woman's choice to cause a baby to form inside of her...so why does she all of the sudden want to go back on her choice? I think that, instead of changing their minds all the time, people should just think ahead when they do things.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

...but how? How does the fetus cause "direct and physical harm?" I've heard of people dying because they are giving birth, but it was their own choice. It is the woman's choice to cause a baby to form inside of her...so why does she all of the sudden want to go back on her choice? I think that, instead of changing their minds all the time, people should just think ahead when they do things.

You seem to be yet another with many misconceptions. It's not like people take abortion lightly when they get one! Like any other serious surgery, abortion needs a reason. Needs a purpose. And you seem to forget that.
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

K this debate has gone on for like a year now I think, and were still at the same stupid conclusions.... One side (the far right christians who have nothing btr to do then push that stick farther up there own asses)who think they need to control the world into doing what they think is right... which of course is making r'ed women give birth to that child... And yea that may be an extreme but to all those saying "its murder to abort a child" that is pretty much exactly what your saying... Then there is the people who say its the mothers choice... It seems logical to me that the mother of course should decide this... because after all its eating off her nutrients not the catholic churchs, and she has to carry this thing for 9 months... the catholic church of course doesn't have to...
If you have the balls to openly say Abortion is murder, lets see you get r'ed and see if you want to have that baby...

TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

It all depends on the situation, if your using it as birth control there's something wrong with that. However, if you cannot take care of it then abortion is ok. But, it's all the mothers choice.

thingthingfreak
thingthingfreak
1,523 posts
Nomad

I don't think that a woman certinally knows more on it then a man unless she has encountered the problem before.

fourtytwo
fourtytwo
698 posts
Nomad

You seem to be yet another with many misconceptions. It's not like people take abortion lightly when they get one! Like any other serious surgery, abortion needs a reason. Needs a purpose. And you seem to forget that.
What would the purpose be?
which of course is making r'ed women give birth to that child...
If this is your reason, Pixie, I have to say, you haven't thought about this much. @Pixie and nonconformist-Why do people r_pe other people? If it is because the r_per hates the r_pee, the person getting r_ped shouldn't have done whatever it was that made the r_per mad. If it is because the person getting r_ped is pretty...Christians have a rule about modesty and not trying to get attention with fancy clothing and stuff like that. If people don't try to get attention, they won't get it and won't get r_ped
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

k... first off... That has nothing to do with this. It doesn't matter whether they pissed that person off or look hot... It's not their problem they're pretty. Here answer me this... Right now if you were to get raped by someone you hate and u were pregnant... Would you or would you not have the baby. This is the question, not whether or not your catholic and disobeying the catholic laws... which brings me to my next point. Why should the catholic church tell you wat to wear??? They have no right

Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

...but how? How does the fetus cause "direct and physical harm?"

Morning sickness, hormone changes, bloating, swollen feet. Ask any woman about pregnancy and they'll tell you about physical harm.
BigP08
BigP08
1,455 posts
Shepherd

I consider myself pro-life, but within reason. If the mother will die in childbirth or if the fetus will die in childbirth, there's nothing wrong with an abortion. I have a slightly different view of child deformity and retardedness, as well as children who will be born poor, because I think every life is worth living. However, if a life will be lost in giving birth, be it the mother's or the child's, then an abortion can solve the problem. However, for that 93% or whatever that just uses abortion as birth control, that's ridiculous. That's why I think an abortion doctor should be required to examine the mother and the fetus to see how desperate the situation is. Hope I didn't say anything to offend anyone, I don't judge people who have had abortions.

17dman
17dman
786 posts
Peasant

Yea I agree with BIGp totally if a life is in question for the mother or could harm her she should be able too but if she was just screwing around as a teenager and was using it as birth control it should be given for adoption.

Sorry if I offended anyone

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

If this is your reason, Pixie, I have to say, you haven't thought about this much. @Pixie and nonconformist-Why do people r_pe other people? If it is because the r_per hates the r_pee, the person getting r_ped shouldn't have done whatever it was that made the r_per mad. If it is because the person getting r_ped is pretty...Christians have a rule about modesty and not trying to get attention with fancy clothing and stuff like that. If people don't try to get attention, they won't get it and won't get r_ped

That is a disgusting and awful thing to say. How ignorant are you? Blaming the r.apee for the actions of the r.apist? That is insensitive and horrible. also, the prettiness thing is also stupid. That would be like r.aping someone for having blue eyes or something. It's repulsive to even think something like that.
-----------------
What would the purpose be?

Medical reasons. If the baby is developing improperly, and would have to live off of machines and be in pain it's whole life, if the mother would die, if the baby would die, or if there is some other medical problem or a r.ape pregnancy. Besides, it's the type of thing where either unconditional choice or unconditional life would cause unnecessary deaths. Is that what you want?
BigP08
BigP08
1,455 posts
Shepherd

thisisnotanalt: I'm pro-life, but you're absolutely right. The r_pee shouldn't be blamed at all for getting impregnated. Still, however, I feel that unless the r_pee would die or the baby would die, abortion shouldn't be a choice. Even a life of pain can be worth living, and we are none to judge it. If you disagree with me on that, that's fine, but I hope that you at least don't think that teh 93% that aborts simply for birth control is justified.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

@BigP: do you accept that abortion is sometimes necessary? Because if you do, then you could be considered sort of pro-choice. I'm pro-choice, but I think abortion should be regulated. Unconditionally either way would cause unnecessary deaths. besides, that baby would be the product of hatred and torture. A baby that would probably be neglected and/or abused by the mother. I don't think that most abortions are justified, because most of them don't have a medical reason.

Showing 931-945 of 1508