ForumsSupport ForumScrolling About?

82 11085
Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Alright I think this might have been suggest but from the list I compiled I don't remember seeing it. So lets do this.

I go to talk on profiles and I have to scroll for like 10 seconds on my laptop to get the the comments and it's so annoying! I think if the about exceeds a certain about of lines(10 or 20 or something) then it turns into one of those boxes that scroll, don't change sizes like the comment box or the box I am writing this thread in right now. Don't know what they are called. Anyways these abouts are bothersome to be, don't know about you guys. Call me on my being a baby about 10 seconds of my life, but that adds up. Anyways if this is just me then sorry! :P

• 82 Replies
Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

I agree, having to scroll past a bunch of guns and swords is pretty obnoxious. A way to reduce this would be nice.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I agree with you, I hate when people have all the computer art of guns and tanks, it takes so long just to see their AP and to comment. I think you shouldn't be allowed to put computer art on your about.

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Haha, but then where do you put it?

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Hahaha that was exactly what I was thinking. It's that darn weaponry that kills me. Especially on my laptop cause I use a trackpad so it takes like 3 or 4 scrolls to reach the bottom! XD

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

I think that you should ban the very large ASCII art images....especially since most of them are probably copied off of another ASCII art webpage anyway. That would solve some problems. Or you could make it so that ASCII art must be a limited size...

Yeah, but I agree that it does get annoying having to scroll a long ways down just to get to the comment box.

steevo15
steevo15
1,564 posts
Peasant

firetail_madness said: Haha, but then where do you put it?

Why does it need to be put anywhere? What is the point of having the ASCII art anyway? Tell me 5 good reasons.

Yeah! I bet you can't tell any.
kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

A lot of the art I see on someone's profile I have already seen on 5 other people's. We should either ban the computer art or have their be a limited amount and size.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

Yea it is annoying but there is an 'end' button on your keyboard....

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

http://www.imgpig.com/uploads/21549_Picture+22222.pngReally sorry.

Carlie
Carlie
6,843 posts
Blacksmith

Yea, I don't have an end button on my mac. So it is either the down button until it gets there, or the scroll bar.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Not on mac. And plus it's just annoying seeing all that stuff making the page miles long.

kevin44
kevin44
1,780 posts
Jester

I never have used the end button, thanks plokkey. On my old computer I didn't have one.

Klaushouse
Klaushouse
2,770 posts
Nomad

Yeah and it's fairly annoying. The box idea is pretty simple as far as coding it goes. It's actually insanely simple, could probably be implemented within a day if you got the coders on the line! :P

firetail_madness
firetail_madness
20,593 posts
Blacksmith

Haha, good thing the about has limited space.

plokkey
plokkey
4,572 posts
Jester

I don't use the end button either. I keep forgetting. Just use the side scroll its faster than middle button(scroll button) scrolling.

Showing 1-15 of 82