The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsWEPREvolution, creationism and the school cirriculum

697 104866
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Well to start out i dont beleive in evoltuion so the fact that other things cant be taught really ticks me off but i just want to see what people think and why.

• 697 Replies
dyrnwyn
dyrnwyn
129 posts
Herald

no, actually the Big Bang is really silly and has a lame name anyway. I've doubted the Big Bang for a long time. there is no real answer as to how the universe would be made the whole thing makes no sense so I just imagine it going on forever. It's easier to just ignore the question that way because I really don't care how the universe was made. And as long as were on about definitions it doesn't matter if you think the Big Bang goes with evolution because it doesn't. Evolution is about living things living and creating offspring is the purpose of living things (according to evolution). but evolution has no thoughts about the rest of it.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Well then how can you beleive in something that doesn't give you a full explanation of why were here and how we got here in the first place

dyrnwyn
dyrnwyn
129 posts
Herald

It does give a full explanation. Once there were proteins then they stuck together and became single celled organisms then over a very long time they turned into monkeys which became people. the end

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Once there were proteins then they stuck together and became single celled organisms then over a very long time they turned into monkeys which became people

Actauly that's wrong according to evolution people and monkeys have a common ancestor but split off a while back and how'd we become a planet in the first palce then?
dyrnwyn
dyrnwyn
129 posts
Herald

who cares??? that's not evolution that's clearly astrology or Earth Science or something. and yes your right about the common ancestor thing.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

who cares???

I do which is one of the reasons i don't believe in evolution
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

one thing is creationism is based on science

Didn't we already talk about this? I think the conversation ended with you conceding to Carlie and admitting that creationism indeed does not involve science.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

I think the conversation ended with you conceding to Carlie and admitting that creationism indeed does not involve science.

No it ended with me saying creationism is more of a negative argument but still has scientific merit
dyrnwyn
dyrnwyn
129 posts
Herald

but it's not evolution!!! if you wasnt to talk about the Big Bang and the creation of planet, stars ,galaxies, pulsars, quasars, whatever then make a new thread because evolution is living things

Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

dyrnwyn's point is that it is foolish to expect a single theory to explain every thing. Evolution explains the origin of species, not the universe.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

but it's not evolution!!! if you wasnt to talk about the Big Bang and the creation of planet, stars ,galaxies, pulsars, quasars, whatever then make a new thread because evolution is living things

I'm not saying i disagree it's just i perfer things taht answer every question

dyrnwyn's point is that it is foolish to expect a single theory to explain every thing

I disagree and say it's foolish to except a theory that doesn't explain everything
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

That is because everyone wants an answer without doing the math, and a philosophy without the reasoning. You like creationism because it explains everything with no thought whatsoever, and grants you eternal happiness if you are right.

dyrnwyn
dyrnwyn
129 posts
Herald

you want a theory that explains everything? And will refuse any theory that doesn't explain everything? That's insane. Everything cannot be explained in one theory except for lame theories like, say, magic. That explains everything.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

That is because everyone wants an answer without doing the math, and a philosophy without the reasoning. You like creationism because it explains everything with no thought whatsoever, and grants you eternal happiness if you are right.

If creationisms right it may grant me eternal happines or if i turn away from god eternal death...not a pretty idea

you want a theory that explains everything? And will refuse any theory that doesn't explain everything? That's insane. Everything cannot be explained in one theory except for lame theories like, say, magic. That explains everything.

I want a theory that explains things like the origin of life from where it starts not just on earth or with living things but how anything got here
Xzeno
Xzeno
2,301 posts
Nomad

Because it would be nice if that were true. It would, wouldn't it? But convenience truth does not make.

I want a theory that explains things like the origin of life from where it starts not just on earth or with living things but how anything got here

Why? What's wrong with multiple explanations for many things?
Showing 301-315 of 697