The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsWEPREvolution, creationism and the school cirriculum

697 104875
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Well to start out i dont beleive in evoltuion so the fact that other things cant be taught really ticks me off but i just want to see what people think and why.

• 697 Replies
deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

if people wanted to learn about theology in school they would go to private school... thus elaborating on my previous post

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

if people wanted to learn about theology in school they would go to private school...

Not everyone can afford to
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Then goto church or a christian college.

Not to be mean but most churchs either don't teach it or are like it's true becasue the bible says so and say nothing else about it and by the time you go to college evolution has well an unfair advantage
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Read the bible yourself, or look it up the internet. Study it on your own time if you really care that much.

and what do you mean by advantage? Teaching science isn't some kind of game.

I do but again some people don't know there are any other theroys but evolution and no not a game but i see it as a battle most evolutionists are not christians i am very anti-evolution i see it as a way to downplay the truth of christianity
Communist
Communist
522 posts
Nomad

I think people should be able to hear both sides of the story and decide for themselves. I think it's wrong to ignore either.

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

my point exactly

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

the muslim jewish and christian belief of creation is the same

Most "evolutionist" are just people who are open minded and will study everything before blindly believing it.

I would say that they are closed minded as this thread to me has shown, and the second yes some creationists do but so do some evolutionists
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Random athiests on the internet aren't true evolutionist, I was talking about the scientist who study the ****, but if they teach creationism why shouldn't they teach all kinds of beliefs on creation of the universe?
Sooner or latter people could pull stuff like that out of there asses and it would have to be taught just to be fair. I say leave religion to the churches and to the person's own free time.

I have no problem with teaching them the ideas but i doubt there will be much science for them so there wouldnt be much to teach
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

Oh, looks like we have to nix gravity then.

Why?

Because gravity is considered a theory since there is so much more to learn about it, but is accepted as a fact.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

Because gravity is considered a theory since there is so much more to learn about it, but is accepted as a fact.

Ya but i beleive in it...?don't you?
deth4
deth4
759 posts
Nomad

whats not to believe?

samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

That is 'cause beliefs don't need any kind of studies or proof to be a belief, which is why we should leave your beliefs out of science classes.

Some do yes but creationism has had studies done on it
Zootsuit_riot
Zootsuit_riot
1,523 posts
Nomad

whats not to believe?

The nature of gravity; what causes it, etc.

Some do yes but creationism has had studies done on it

No links, it didn't happen.
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

No links, it didn't happen.

same website as before ...

Find me some non-biased studies supporting it then. Non-biased would have to be non-religious fyi.

give me a second then
samy
samy
4,871 posts
Nomad

i know...um go to your library there will be books on it there and it really was unbiased

Showing 331-345 of 697