ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 157452
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Quoting myself from way back on the first page on March 19th, I'll say it again.

Sure, why not? Then we sit back and watch as the country turns to pot smokin', weed burning dope heads. Sounds like fun.
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,821 posts
Shepherd

Tussla, your point is invalid there. Just because something is legal doesn't mean everyone will do it. Not everyone drinks alcohol, but it's legal. Not everyone smokes cigarettes, but they're legal. Logically, the same would be the case for pot.

plants*, Plants*, plant*. NOT a drug. It is a medicinal plant that has some but very few side effects.

Uh, you're wrong. Any substance that alters how your body normally works is a drug. Marijuana is a plant. It contains THC, which is a drug. Anything medicinal is a DRUG. And before you try to debate this with me, here's the dictionary~

a substance other than food intended to affect the structure or function of the body
Thyll
Thyll
476 posts
Nomad

You know what? I've just completely changed my opinion. :S Legalization for all drugs! It's your body, as long as your old enough, kill yourself, it's your freedom.
I've been so hypocritical. Freedom for all I say, but no drugs. It's just blind. Freedom is what you do with your own body.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

Uh, you're wrong. Any substance that alters how your body normally works is a drug. Marijuana is a plant. It contains THC, which is a drug. Anything medicinal is a DRUG. And before you try to debate this with me, here's the dictionary~

They portrayed it as a street drug, which it is not.
I wasn't really thinking about prescription drugs.
So yes, it is a plant and prescription drug which you mostly get over the counter.
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

I personally do not see the point of doing drugs. Drugs, to me, are just a way for people to be escaping reality and for them to feel like nothing wrong is going on in the world. But...when the drug wears off, you're back where you started. People may not see it that way, but whatever...

Thats true, but escaping once in a while is good for you.
lazerlemon
lazerlemon
76 posts
Nomad

if we do then they will just start taxing it.

Lucient
Lucient
10 posts
Nomad

This is a stupid topic. End of.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry if you think drugs which have been scientifically proved to benefit pretty much anyone at some point in their life, with near to no long term effects are stupid.

Fact of the matter is that it's a wonder plant. Not only can Marijuana significantly reduce the size of brain and lung tumors, cure anorexia, and successfully treat many physical problems, but its' brother Hemp can be used to supplement the abundance/quality of nearly any item in its' market.

Lucient
Lucient
10 posts
Nomad

Then why is it ilegal then?

Kasic
Kasic
5,552 posts
Jester

If it ever gets legalized teachers are going to have a lot of stoned kids on their hands.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

one reason is that tobacco lobbyists "convinced" Senate&House that Marijuana farmers were interfering with tobacco farmers' trade.

a very large reason is that yellow journalism dirtied its' name.
article
--------------------------------------------------------------

If it ever gets legalized teachers are going to have a lot of stoned kids on their hands.

Kasic, you know better than that.
It would be medical marijuana, and would be restricted to minors.

also, it wouldn't increase its' abundance very much at all. I could walk out on the street corner right now and find a dealer within 15 minutes.

Moreover, teachers already have a lot of stoned kids on their hands.
Carter
Carter
107 posts
Nomad

i think its stupid that some people compare it to cocaine or crack or any REAL drugs. there is practicably nothing bad about marijuana and the people that say there is are just liars

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

i think its stupid that some people compare it to cocaine or crack or any REAL drugs. there is practicably nothing bad about marijuana and the people that say there is are just liars

technically, I have to correct you, because it is a real drug.
it's just a beneficial, natural drug derived from a plant, exactly like Aloe.

Yes, it has a couple more (weak) downsides than Aloe, but it has more uses.
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

It would be medical marijuana, and would be restricted to minors.

Ok, just as long as no one older 18 gets it we will be safe.

O_O
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

Ok, just as long as no one older 18 gets it we will be safe.

HA!
You act like it would be any easier to get if medical marijuana were legal. It's incredibly easy to get weed for high-schoolers! Seriously now, 90% of high schools in the US that you go to will have easy-to-find dealers.
Showing 481-495 of 794