ForumsWEPR[necro] Legalization of Marijuana

794 157439
ligaboy
ligaboy
1,051 posts
Peasant

I know that there is a topic about legalizing drugs, but I wanted to talk about Marijuana specifically.

Marijuana was banned in 1937 in the US and is now said to be a gate-way to more dangerous illegal drugs. However in this current state of economy I think we'd be better off with the legalization of marijuana. First, it would provide jobs for people. Second, more tax money to the government. Third, it would decrease sale to minors.

• 794 Replies
AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

Dude pot smokers are total dopes. If we legalized marijuana every bumhead alive would be getting high all day long. There would be like 1% of the population doing something to help better the world and 99% sitting on their butts drowning in their own lazyness.

Do people actually think before posting this stuff...

Drugs are for people who's parents don't care about them, seriously, don't do them, you get one chance in life, mess it up and it'll affect us all, so don't.

I think you need to clarify what you mean. Do you include having a beer with your dad, so neither he nor his dad cared about their offspring etc... the comment makes no sense so please think before saying stuff like this... its not profound, its preconcieved.
Drace
Drace
3,880 posts
Nomad

It seems most of you here are 12.
Marijuana is nothing like meth and other highly dangerous drugs.

Read the dam facts for once. People come here, ignore every other post, and just post their view and get off and never look at any arguments or anything again.

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

It seems most of you here are 12.

*sigh* I kinda forget thats the case.
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

Read the dam facts for once. People come here, ignore every other post, and just post their view and get off and never look at any arguments or anything again.

They either don't know enough facts, don't know the right facts, or don't acknowledge the right facts.
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd
German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

Found some pretty nice propaganda.

Lots of bull shit in it.
says that marijuana users try to hold it in as long as possible making its' affect worse. Most marijuana users that use it long enough to have any (if at all) long term effects know that it only takes 5 seconds for all the THC to affect the body, and only hold it in a max of 7-10 seconds.

242,200 ER visits (ie: accidents when on marijuana) in 2005 (OH NO, god forbid a populous of 350,000,000 be affected that little).

don't feel like reading on. if anyone else wants to, please do. I may return to it for insultations.

AnaLoGMunKy
AnaLoGMunKy
1,573 posts
Blacksmith

I like how at the end of the books it says, "the real answer is to get the facts and not to take drugs in the first place"...

SirNoobalot
SirNoobalot
22,207 posts
Nomad

hehe fact police!
the actual population of the US is about 307,000,000

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

307mil not counting all the illegal immigrants. and i don't just mean mexicans and guatemalans.

Morrigan
Morrigan
7 posts
Peasant

I think they should legalize it. First of all it's not as bad as some people want to think it is. It's actually less harmful than smoking and drinking... which are legal.
As for the whole gateway drug bullshit... well it's a gateway drug precisely because it's illegal. As long as it's illegal you always risk getting some bad stuff from your dealer (such as weed with heroin or pcp or stuff like that) and even if he only gives you the good stuff he probably can provide you with stronger stuff when you eventually become bored of weed (and that will happen). Hell, they should at least allow medicinal use, at least to ease the suffering of terminally ill people.
I won't deny that there are some people that should never smoke, but then again there are also people allergic to peanuts why not make those illegal too?

MistahDude
MistahDude
10 posts
Nomad

I honestly think it is a great Idea, but with one catch to it. Give a legal age to it, like 18 or 21, that way minors can still get in trouble for doing it. The reason I hold this to be a good, no, FANTASTIC idea is that it would help the economy a little bit. Would you rather money go to random vendors that will most likely end up in jail, or to the government, making your life a little better. The taxes on it would help out schools and other government owned properties.

AnimeLuver14
AnimeLuver14
3 posts
Nomad

I personally do not see the point of doing drugs. Drugs, to me, are just a way for people to be escaping reality and for them to feel like nothing wrong is going on in the world. But...when the drug wears off, you're back where you started. People may not see it that way, but whatever...

Chuckleluck
Chuckleluck
74 posts
Nomad

My paper has a section called the Opinion Line, where people call in and post their opinions. Someone once posted "Make marijuana legal. No one ever gets high from marijuana." You know why? Because they can't get their greasy paws on enough of it.

German3945
German3945
996 posts
Nomad

I personally do not see the point of doing drugs. Drugs, to me, are just a way for people to be escaping reality and for them to feel like nothing wrong is going on in the world. But...when the drug wears off, you're back where you started. People may not see it that way, but whatever...

plants*, Plants*, plant*. NOT a drug. It is a medicinal plant that has some but very few side effects.

also, after the high of marijuana wears off, you aren't back where you started. It has many long lasting benefits, including relief of pain -- whether that pain be physical or mental.
lewij99
lewij99
26 posts
Nomad

[/b]Ilove Cannabis! who knows the prices nowa days aint done it in 2 years! :L[b]

Showing 466-480 of 794