ForumsWEPRCalling All Christians

1333 187619
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Since I have joined Armorgams . . .I see a lot of Atheists and their threads about why people believe in God etc . . . I wanted to start a thread about the bible and christianity.

The purpose of this thread is to debate a different book of the bible each week. We will discuss lessons, morals, and different stories.

We will have friendly debates. Please . . . if you are atheist or of other beliefs . . . you may discuss in this thread, just PLEASE no fighting, flaming, spamming, trolling . . . etc

This week we will begin from the beginning . . . .Genesis

• 1,333 Replies
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

The world WILL end on 2012.

What proof do you have of this?
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

Thats just the year the Mayans predicted, scientist at one time thought the world would in the 1980's! All through the decades scientist an fanatics have been wrong, so 2012 is just another date of the end of the world, like the many before it. Scientist predict that humans will kill themselves out before the earth gets destroyed, which scientifically is somewhere in the 5000's.

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I was using sarcasm there. -_-

I'm not a stupid troll.

Lieutenut
Lieutenut
1,251 posts
Nomad

Scientist predict that humans will kill themselves out before the earth gets destroyed, which scientifically is somewhere in the 5000's.

where did you hear that?
Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

The 5000's? That seems more likely than 2012. I'm more surprised at how many people can't just accept that the Mayans could possibly be wrong. They were smart, but they weren't perfect.

Lieutenut
Lieutenut
1,251 posts
Nomad

I know I was just asking where you heard about the 5,000's thing, unless that was your own estimate of course.

I agree with you though, although I think the 2100's to 2300s is more likely.

hypoxia
hypoxia
589 posts
Nomad

The odd thing about 2012 is that we do not know even when it really is 2012, as during the course of history, the dates have been changed and altered so the acutual 2012 day according to the mayans may be earlier or later than we think

Lieutenut
Lieutenut
1,251 posts
Nomad

The odd thing about 2012 is that we do not know even when it really is 2012

That's a really good point hypoxia, never thought of that before
Krizaz
Krizaz
2,399 posts
Nomad

We are human, we have flaws, but we are NOT dumbf*cks. People won't commit mass suicide, 100 dollars if I'm wrong.

I'm not talking about a huge war, mass suicide, or any of that other stuff your referring to. I'm talking about humans, cause were destroying the earth, will just run out of resources to use, overpopulation can kill us too.

where did you hear that?

Many places, I've heard the exact date, which is about 5120, it's basically when the sun takes on the 'Red Giant' stage and engulfs the earth, but humans will kill themselves out well before then and make the earth unlivable.
Thyll
Thyll
476 posts
Nomad

The sun isnt going in 3,000 years dude, try at least 3,000,000 years. Our star is middle aged it still has a WAYYYY long time to live, if things go right our sun could last 13 billion years from birth to supernova.

He said go red giant, which would mean it would expand and kill us, not go out. Even if our sun does go supernova we'll be dead by then. And even that's not going to happen anytime soon, which in this universe is a long time. Scientists predict that happening in 5 billion years.
We'll probably all be zombies or something way before that happens.

Oh wow... Zombies? I'm such a nerd xD
123art789
123art789
34 posts
Nomad

I'll be watching from heaven when the sun goes out. I feel bad for people in 5 billion years...if we don't make ourselves extinct.

Maverick4
Maverick4
6,804 posts
Peasant

The sun will bo Red Giant, and if earth survives that (and I doubt it), then it will eventually go white dwarf, giving off so little light and heat that earth wont be able to support life (or the quality of life we have now)

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I'll be watching from heaven when the sun goes out. I feel bad for people in 5 billion years...if we don't make ourselves extinct.

By then hopefully humans have evolved to be smarter and less idiotic. And by 5 billion humans should be on a another planet thanks to technology.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I just did Kirby. I think you'll like it.

quickshift
quickshift
349 posts
Nomad

You guys are talking about how people say the sun is so old.. Going off of the bible it says the world and everything is 6000 years old. So what are you guys going off of? Science? If so how does Science say the world came about?..

Showing 586-600 of 1333