ForumsWEPRCalling All Christians

1333 187435
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Since I have joined Armorgams . . .I see a lot of Atheists and their threads about why people believe in God etc . . . I wanted to start a thread about the bible and christianity.

The purpose of this thread is to debate a different book of the bible each week. We will discuss lessons, morals, and different stories.

We will have friendly debates. Please . . . if you are atheist or of other beliefs . . . you may discuss in this thread, just PLEASE no fighting, flaming, spamming, trolling . . . etc

This week we will begin from the beginning . . . .Genesis

• 1,333 Replies
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Guys! What the hell happened to this thread! It can't die. This is a good one. Come on! Lets revive this.

I'll start off: what's numbers about?

playaholic
playaholic
1,098 posts
Farmer

yessssss?!
i heard someone call me

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Your right where is snazzy? go alert him that his thread is revived

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

K' to get more people to post I'll open up: The story of Moses and the Exodus to Egypt; if God was with the Israeli then why did the Egyptians attack and enslave them? The Hebrews were minding there own business, so why did they attack?

Tarcobell
Tarcobell
121 posts
Nomad

so we are allowed to post how we feel about the last book we read?

well i read that one cecil the caterpiller

he turns into a butterfly!

kpelton94
kpelton94
9 posts
Nomad

The story of Moses and the Exodus to Egypt; if God was with the Israeli then why did the Egyptians attack and enslave them? The Hebrews were minding there own business, so why did they attack?

I have always been told that the reason for such is that the Hebrews were givin the best land in egypt because of jacob. The egyptians got jealous and therefore enslaved them
Fox159
Fox159
261 posts
Nomad

I'll join.

The egyptians attacked and enslaved them because the egyptians needed people to build there temples and pyramids. So the egyptians did not have to do it themselves.

Kody
Kody
60 posts
Nomad

if God was with the Israeli then why did the Egyptians attack and enslave them? The Hebrews were minding there own business, so why did they attack?

Hehe...well first off they never attacked. Alright let's go back to Jacob back in Genesis. Jacob had 12 sons (later the 12 tribes of Israel) one of his sons was Joseph. Now Jacob favored Joseph over the rest of his sons, which got them pretty ticked off, so they sold him to slavers. These slavers took him to Egypt and sold him to a high-ranking official. Now Joseph helped this official out and became favored by him, even made the head-slave (if that's even an honor, lol). But the official's wife wanted Joseph, if you know what I mean, but Joseph, being a man of God, refused. So she lied to her husband, telling him that Joseph started it, and Joseph was jailed. Well eventually Joseph got on Pharoah's good side (he had a knack for doing that eh?) and became his right-hand man. So during the famine, Josephs brothers (all the way in Canaan) came to get food from Egypt. Well they had to ask Joseph, who they didn't know was Joseph. But instead of being angry and killing his brothers, Joseph sympathized and rather than giving them food, had them live in Egypt with him. So the 12 brothers and their parents all lived in Egypt and, well, had a lot of kids. Thus, Israelites. (Note that they were technically israelites since Abraham. Let me know if you get confused.) So, years later the Israelites are slowly enslaved. At first they lived in Egypt in honor, but the Egyptians were still masters of the land, so by the time of Moses the Israelites were already slaves.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

@ kody: Then why didn't the 12 brothers leave once the famine was over?

Kody
Kody
60 posts
Nomad

Because they were given a choice of living in Canaan, basically a wilderness where everyone was a farmer, or Egypt, a center of luxury and intellect.

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Still, They shouldn't have worn out their welcome wagon though.

Kody
Kody
60 posts
Nomad

Well the Egyptians welcomed them and honored them for years, so they were never really pushed to leave. Then eventually they became enslaved, likely through one or several Pharoahs who needed some extra labor.

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Well the Egyptians welcomed them and honored them for years, so they were never really pushed to leave. Then eventually they became enslaved, likely through one or several Pharoahs who needed some extra labor.

So basically some hebrews are chilling out, drinking and laughing with the Egyptians, then them Pharaoh comes and says "hey we could use some help with the pyramids. Why don't you guys help out?"
"Sure"

And the they became slaves?
Soldier0fGod
Soldier0fGod
2 posts
Nomad

Well, let's get on a new topic shall we?

TuxedoPenguin
TuxedoPenguin
233 posts
Nomad

i agree ^

Showing 616-630 of 1333