ForumsWEPRCalling All Christians

1333 187626
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Since I have joined Armorgams . . .I see a lot of Atheists and their threads about why people believe in God etc . . . I wanted to start a thread about the bible and christianity.

The purpose of this thread is to debate a different book of the bible each week. We will discuss lessons, morals, and different stories.

We will have friendly debates. Please . . . if you are atheist or of other beliefs . . . you may discuss in this thread, just PLEASE no fighting, flaming, spamming, trolling . . . etc

This week we will begin from the beginning . . . .Genesis

• 1,333 Replies
GamesArmor
GamesArmor
890 posts
Nomad

You spelled prey wrong.

You are super Christian Extremist. Too bad almost everyone on AG is Aetheist.

Maybe, you will be another Christian Patriot? The Aetheist in disguise as a Christian that trolled?

hxclongboarder
hxclongboarder
133 posts
Nomad

This forum has really changed since i last post, btw those are alice donut lyrics

hxclongboarder
hxclongboarder
133 posts
Nomad

btw games armor you spelled atheist wrong

LightingBlade
LightingBlade
69 posts
Nomad

Thats not fair. Calling all Christians?
Is that how limited the earth is?
Aethists and Christians?
Ignoring this Thread

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Sorry for my extreme absence, I have been very busy for the last month or so . . .

For a new topic . . . how about the story of David . . .

Rebirthing
Rebirthing
17 posts
Nomad

The story of creation . . . for me, is kind of confusing. I always thought it happened in the seven days until I found out that this period was most likely spread across millions of years. I also always wondered how Adam and Eve coexisted with the dinosaurs . . . but that also pertains to the spread out millions of years.
Yea about that...that is just a theory. I've heard of it...it is NOT true.
Nurvana
Nurvana
2,522 posts
Farmer

The Creation Story is a metephor. Ask the pope.

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

We have already discussed that topic. We are now on David . . .

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I actually think at least the beginning parts of his story could be true - there most likely was a large man named Goliath who a man named David killed with a slingshot (slingshots, atlatls, etc. can actually be fatal if designed as weapons rather than recreational tools) and then became a king of some small town or settlement after such an endeavor, and that the settlement eventually grew into a bigger city.

But we'll never know.

communist09
communist09
259 posts
Nomad

Yea about that...that is just a theory. I've heard of it...it is NOT true.

You can't prove it's not true, the only reason you say that is because your precious book doesn't say anything about it.
DeathArchangel
DeathArchangel
3 posts
Nomad

Uhhh...I'm new to the forums, but hey, I'll join! I'm a Christian! Soooo...uhh....David....err....anyway, I think the David story is weird...I mean, he killed a Giant with a Slingshot! Wow.

1Samuel 17:38 Then Saul dressed David in his own tunic. He put a coat of armor on him and a bronze helmet on his head. 39 David fastened on his sword over the tunic and tried walking around, because he was not used to them.
"I cannot go in these," he said to Saul, "because I am not used to them." So he took them off. 40 Then he took his staff in his hand, chose five smooth stones from the stream, put them in the pouch of his shepherd's bag and, with his sling in his hand, approached the Philistine.

41 Meanwhile, the Philistine, with his shield bearer in front of him, kept coming closer to David. 42 He looked David over and saw that he was only a boy, ruddy and handsome, and he despised him. 43 He said to David, "Am I a dog, that you come at me with sticks?" And the Philistine cursed David by his gods. 44 "Come here," he said, "and I'll give your flesh to the birds of the air and the beasts of the field!"

45 David said to the Philistine, "You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 This day the LORD will hand you over to me, and I'll strike you down and cut off your head. Today I will give the carcasses of the Philistine army to the birds of the air and the beasts of the earth, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel. 47 All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give all of you into our hands."

48 As the Philistine moved closer to attack him, David ran quickly toward the battle line to meet him. 49 Reaching into his bag and taking out a stone, he slung it and struck the Philistine on the forehead. The stone sank into his forehead, and he fell facedown on the ground.

50 So David triumphed over the Philistine with a sling and a stone; without a sword in his hand he struck down the Philistine and killed him.
Incredible....
alabasterdragon
alabasterdragon
87 posts
Nomad

Well, he did have God on his side.

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

David wasn't too smart to go against a guy with a sword and shield vs. a sling with a rock on it. David relied on luck and the fact that his opponent was too stupid to raise his shield. Also, why not take a sword to battle? swords are swords. It doesn't matter if it isn't yours, if you can wield a blade, then you can probably use some one else's .

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

David was 15 when he fought Goliath . . . it wasn't luck, it was God on his side. . . .

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Still, isn't there a line in the Bible that's like:"heaven helps those who help themselves." David relied on God and faith a bit too much and make it seem unrealistic. Still, why didn't he use the sword? If given the option in, combat, between a stick and an axe, most people will go for the axe.

Showing 631-645 of 1333