ForumsWEPRCalling All Christians

1333 187996
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Since I have joined Armorgams . . .I see a lot of Atheists and their threads about why people believe in God etc . . . I wanted to start a thread about the bible and christianity.

The purpose of this thread is to debate a different book of the bible each week. We will discuss lessons, morals, and different stories.

We will have friendly debates. Please . . . if you are atheist or of other beliefs . . . you may discuss in this thread, just PLEASE no fighting, flaming, spamming, trolling . . . etc

This week we will begin from the beginning . . . .Genesis

• 1,333 Replies
thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

I'm not really sure about that, because I'm not extremely familiar with the story.

But still, demons are first mentioned in the Old Testament - which was written 3,000 years ago. They most likely got the concept of a demon from common belief then - that demons were the sole cause of all maladies. So, they attributed things like evil and whatever Legion did to demons as well - and that carried over to the New Testament.

You're not really putting up a case for the existence of demons . . . you're just mentioning Bible stories involving demons . . . .

Also, if possessions were real, then why do medicines and meditation work so well for diseases and anger respectively? Are demons afraid of pills and deep breathing?

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

No, demons can choose to leave the body, but medicines and such can affect the body. Not the demon.

Check this site out, it has names of demons and descriptions:

http://www.deliriumsrealm.com/delirium/demonlistA-E.asp

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard
goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Don't care about demons because:
(I will try to be open minded and I will not say that they don't exist)
Even if demons do exist you can do nothing about it, try to be good and they will not hurt you.

goumas13
goumas13
4,752 posts
Grand Duke

Don't care about demons because:
(I will try to be open minded and I will not say that they don't exist)
Even if demons do exist you can do nothing about it, try to be good and they will not hurt you.

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

What about Legion? The demon in Matthew . . . Jesus sent them to the swine . . .

Dam*it Jesus! Why did you have to go and make swine flu?!
Lieutenut
Lieutenut
1,251 posts
Nomad

I hope you get infected, then you'll be sorry

That's pretty harsh for a Christian o.O
Raff
Raff
20 posts
Jester

Jesus is real

>.>

<.<

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Jesus is real

He was a historical figure, but whether or not he was the Messiah; that's a different story.
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Let's be nice Kirby

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Come on Kirby! Just cause you have H1N1 doesn't mean you have to get all anal on us.

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

Man, I disappear off the face of AG for a month or so and what happened? Need a refresher on the times.

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

No, demons can choose to leave the body, but medicines and such can affect the body. Not the demon.

You know this . . . from where?

The Bible and one website really isn't enough - that site either made up its info or got it from the Bible. Please, actually make a point as to why demons exist - is there any physical evidence whatsoever? Is there any way to detect demons? Do we know they exist?

If not, I'll go with Occam's Razor here and accept the theory with the least assumptions: that demons don't exist. There's no evidence outside of the claim of the Bible and a few websites. Please, I need an argument. Also, I looked tat that site, and it's utter BS. It doesn't have any cited sources - just a bunch of stuff, classifications, etc. - it has no leg to stand on, and neither do you.
Thomas1st2
Thomas1st2
1,943 posts
Peasant

Well Demons exist because before Eve came into the garden Adam was with another girl who did'nt follew god so she got kicked out the garden and gave birth to Demons and the Adam was lonely so God created Eve. The reason we all have such Bad Luck is due to Demons bringing us all that bad luck

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Thomas, that's not really an argument - you're just saying that demons are real because it says to in the Bible. That's not a valid argument.

Showing 661-675 of 1333