ForumsWEPRCalling All Christians

1333 187994
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Since I have joined Armorgams . . .I see a lot of Atheists and their threads about why people believe in God etc . . . I wanted to start a thread about the bible and christianity.

The purpose of this thread is to debate a different book of the bible each week. We will discuss lessons, morals, and different stories.

We will have friendly debates. Please . . . if you are atheist or of other beliefs . . . you may discuss in this thread, just PLEASE no fighting, flaming, spamming, trolling . . . etc

This week we will begin from the beginning . . . .Genesis

• 1,333 Replies
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

I don't really have a leg to stand on to tell the truth . . . It all goes back to faith . . . and Thomas, where did you get that information? That info is confusing . . .

thisisnotanalt
thisisnotanalt
9,824 posts
Shepherd

Well, I can't argue for or against faith, and neither can you

So yeah, faith counts as a leg to stand on . . . but it doesn't count as an argument for the existence of anything outside of faith. :P

snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

True that my brotha'

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I thought demons were angels who left heaven and followed Satan...

Parsat
Parsat
2,180 posts
Blacksmith

I thought demons were angels who left heaven and followed Satan...

Most Christians since the Church Fathers have sided with this position. Others believe that it has something to do with the Nephilim (read ReadMatthew24's thread about that, I personally don't hold that). To me, it's the most plausible, because the Bible does reference fallen angels in several places.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Nephilim

Aren't those the children of fallen angels. I know that fallen angels came to earth to get some "action" 0_o
apparently they are hideously ugly and are giant.
so was Goliath one?
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

Goliath could have been one . . .and they are fallen angels

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I Thought He was around 9' feet. (around 3. something meters for everyone else)

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

And he couldn't be a fallen angel, Goliath is New Testament, Fallen Angels are Old Testament, also, for and angle, it sounds REALLY REALLY hard to fall out of heaven. And listen to the word angel, Goliath was a sinner and murderer.

I think you got it mixed up. Goliath wasOLD and fallen angels areNEW. Angels Can rebel against god correct? Satan did it and so did 1/3 of the original angels. Who DOESN'T want some mortal human action? I might leave heaven to get to forth base. =p .Goliath was just a buff sinner? I'll buy that.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I got all my bible info from two sources, This internet quiz site ( I know LOL) and this girl in math who is trying to convert me.

so I really have no freaking clue whether I'm right or not. go get readmatthew to confirm this.

Lieutenut
Lieutenut
1,251 posts
Nomad

ok desert she's been trying to convert you forever >.< just admit to her that you're not changing and you have been listening to her to get laid

who knows, she may "reward" you for your honesty xD

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

I haven't read the Bible since my confirmation class.

note: I was a member of the Lutheran church until my family gradually stopped going. I was about 13 when I decided to become an atheist.
Part of the Lutheran church is to be confirmed into the church. Its kinda like a youth group thing. I was baptized when I was like 12.
/ my religious history

deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

ok desert she's been trying to convert you forever >.< just admit to her that you're not changing and you have been listening to her to get laid

who knows, she may "reward" you for your honesty xD

LOL homecoming is this Friday. I got my tie picked out and everything. BTW kirby she is like the sluttyist christian I know.( she's not Mormon too =) I know I have low moral standards =p )
I'm planning to tell her that I genuinely converted shortly after homecoming if things go smoothly.
deserteagle
deserteagle
1,633 posts
Nomad

Notice how I said maybe, perform one satanic ritual and kiss your ticket good bye

( looks down at the black robe I'm wearing, looks at the robed clad people speaking in tongues, and then looks at the human sacrifice in the middle of the pentagram drawn from blood)

i think I'm good...
Lieutenut
Lieutenut
1,251 posts
Nomad

lawl kirby.

I had confirmation class and graduated in the Catholic religion, do I have a chance of going to heaven??!!?? lol

I have performed one satanic ritual though....

lol jk about the satanic ritual thing o.O

Showing 676-690 of 1333