ForumsWEPRAmerican Obesity

329 49082
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

What do you think about the problem of obesity in America? For me, I think it is so messed up how people keep eating and eating and eating without any form of exercise. I really don't like it when obese people say they want to diet, but then go to McDonalds and order a Large BigMac meal and a diet coke because they are on a diet . . .It just aggravates me how they feel like victims, when in fact they are the ones hurting themselves.

• 329 Replies
windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

Oh yay.

Another sad twit who thinks that basically having a serious problem such as obesity is obviously always their fault.

It comes down to poor diet, little time to exercise, obesity can become an addiction and then it certainly aint their fault. Some people have slow metabolisms that can lead to obesity.

I just left hospital, I lost half a stone in weight and now I can hardly eat anything. I've got to slowly build up my appetite again. Now imagine you are fat. Your stomach expands and you need to eat more, you get what is close to you and fast to make/eat. Usually that is unhealthy stuff. I blame society rather than the person.

Obesity is a bad thing of course but it is not immoral. Being fat doesn't always mean eating massive amounts of food, it can just be the person eating loads of fatty food.

People don't eat fruit anymore because of all the sweet things that come from factories, fruit used to be one of the only ways to get sugar.

I eat 2-3 fruit at most a day. You know why? An apple has high sugar which converts to fat. I would much rather prefer some nice vegetables. Fruit are not as healthy as you think. If you eat 6 of them a day you can still be rotting your teeth.

I find your lack of sincerity and your misunderstanding of fat people idiotic.

Please go get educated and come back when you stop using the old 'hey look third world countries don't eat a lot! You're a bad person! You're fat'

Tut tut

Elitemagical
Elitemagical
1,207 posts
Nomad

It's a free country. People can do whatever the heck they want to, and decide on their lifestyle choice.[quote]My question to you.

Should it be?
[/quote]

I say this to everyone whom wishes others to choose their lifestyle for them:

Will you go outside and eat dog shit, now?
TheDude42
TheDude42
1,026 posts
Nomad

My question to you.

Should it be?

YES.
America is one of the only free countries in the world. If we won't be a free country, no country will be, and the world will collapse into communism.
windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

America is one of the only free countries in the world. If we won't be a free country, no country will be, and the world will collapse into communism.

Cough EUROPE Cough AUSTRALIA Cough

Stop being so high and mighty that somehow if you were to change so would we.

We are so much different to you. Just pointing that out.

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

obesity can become an addiction and then it certainly aint their fault.

Over-classification of Mental Illness.

An addiction is a mental illness.

All these crazy people think you can get addicted to shopping, video games, etc...

Fruit are not as healthy as you think. If you eat 6 of them a day you can still be rotting your teeth.

That's sort of agreeing with what I said. I'm just saying, you can get the same amount of sugar from a helathier source. So you sort of agreed with me =P

I find your lack of sincerity and your misunderstanding of fat people idiotic.

That makes me unintelligent?

The only cause of obesity I can see being justified is a Thyroid problem. And then only 50% of those cause obesity, the others cause loss of weight.

Another sad twit who thinks that basically having a serious problem such as obesity is obviously always their fault.

Not always. But I would give it about 70% of the time

Please go get educated and come back when you stop using the old 'hey look third world countries don't eat a lot! You're a bad person! You're fat'

Alright I will
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

YES.

......WHAT?!?!

America is one of the only free countries in the world? You must think there's not many. There are lots =P

And apparently you equate loss of freedom to communism.

Anyways, I PROMISED to go get an education so I will have to come back to this =P
windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

All these crazy people think you can get addicted to shopping, video games, etc...

It is proven you can actually can become addicted to these things.

That makes me unintelligent?

Because you don't think about their position at all. Yes it kind of does. Or at least I find the action of doing so idiotic.

Not always. But I would give it about 70% of the time

Man in a city with poor metabolism. He works for ages every day. He gets home at 5 or 6 pm. He doesn't have much time to spend cooking so he gets KFC. Sort of his fault for being lazy but you could almost understand that he DOES NOT have the time to spend an age cooking.

I seriously doubt people enjoy being obese, obviously there is something that stops them from staying healthy.

I would say that it really just comes down to poor diet. We just have high fat foods which are easier to attain than healthy ones.

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

Sort of his fault for being lazy but you could almost understand that he DOES NOT have the time to spend an age cooking.

He doesn't need to spend a while cooking to eat healthy.

Microwavign a healthy frozen meal takes 5 minutes.

I seriously doubt people enjoy being obese

I do as well.

We just have high fat foods which are easier to attain than healthy ones.

They aren't easier to attain of you are made to eat healthier. Chocolate + Soda are not allowed to be sold in Canadian schools anymore.

It is proven you can actually can become addicted to these things.

You can become addicted to ANYTHING. At least that is the impression of some areas of psychology at the moment.

Psychology has had a tendency recently to over classify and diagnose people.

Almost everyone has a mental illness at the moment.

Addiction to shopping is not the same as addiction to drugs. That is a physical addiction, addiction to shopping is purely mental and it can be beat much easier.

[quote]Because you don't think about their position at all.
Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

Darn, posted early...

Because you don't think about their position at all.

I consider thyroid disease. I also consider genetic predisposition. But genetic predisposition is merely a factor, not the cause.
balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant
FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

without fat people, the world wouldnt be a very jolly place.

Naruto_982
Naruto_982
70 posts
Nomad

I burn 8000 plus calories....Go swimmers lol. America is really fat, it's not going to change anytime soon.

SeeJayLive
SeeJayLive
38 posts
Nomad

America is really fat, it's not going to change anytime soon.

JUST BELIEVE IN MIRACLES
http://www.moonbattery.com/archives/obese.jpg
windshift
windshift
320 posts
Nomad

One of them looks like she has an arse for a stomach >.<

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

They look like you!! Are they your friends?

Showing 286-300 of 329