ForumsWEPRAmerican Obesity

329 49083
snazzy777
snazzy777
739 posts
Nomad

What do you think about the problem of obesity in America? For me, I think it is so messed up how people keep eating and eating and eating without any form of exercise. I really don't like it when obese people say they want to diet, but then go to McDonalds and order a Large BigMac meal and a diet coke because they are on a diet . . .It just aggravates me how they feel like victims, when in fact they are the ones hurting themselves.

• 329 Replies
MsterXantos
MsterXantos
438 posts
Nomad

Serisouly that was immature and I beleive we can change some of us will change but many won't because here in america everythign is right in out hands we don't ahve to work hard to live unless we want to im wure alot of other countrys people would probably be fat if they were given the opportunitys that we are

FloydTC
FloydTC
2,920 posts
Nomad

you know you dont have to make your posts all one sentence like youre doing its very confusing and it makes it hard for everyone to read you know the point of posting is so people will read what you have to say but nobody can read it clearly when it makes no sense like youre doing and therefore nobody will listen to you get the point?

TheDude42
TheDude42
1,026 posts
Nomad

That photo is racist and a poor representation of America. It's like thinking that since Cuba's a dictatorship, everyone in Cuba is a dictator.

Blu3sBr0s
Blu3sBr0s
1,287 posts
Nomad

That photo is racist and a poor representation of America.

Is it because it portrays Americans as fat and ugly?

Well America isn't a race.

Is it because it portrays white people as fat and ugly?

Wrong. It portrays white women as fat and ugly. That's sexist

Since Cuba is a dictatorship everyone in Cuba is a dictator....wait....wha?

It's like thinking that since Cuba's a dictatorship, everyone in Cuba is a dictator.

Since Cuba is a dictatorship everyone in Cuba is a dictator....wait....wha?

Well 25% of people in America are obese.

Nowhere near 25% of Cubans are dictators xD

YOur analogies suck =P
TheDude42
TheDude42
1,026 posts
Nomad

Only about 1% of the American population are THAT fat. And by racist, I meant "against America".

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

Did you get hit with the stupid stick a lot when you were little?

Canuck
Canuck
87 posts
Nomad

Nope, a stupid branch. THUNK!

It is true that the U.S. has one of the largest obesity rates in the world, but I think that isn't really America's fault. America has a pretty big economy, despite their deficit, and many companies, including those who sell food, go there. Look at what happens when McDonalds goes completely international:

http://www.formerfatguy.com/sunrider-foods/blog/mcdonalds-hits-africa.jpg

Freakenstein
Freakenstein
9,507 posts
Jester

It's a simple concept to do:

1. Open up a non-drive-thru McDonalds/any other fast food restaurant.

2. Make the entrances narrower. Those that want to eat there will have to lose weight to eat there.

[/bad joke]

I may be skinny now, but once I reach adulthood, I will lose my fast metabolism and start to gain weight. While this may be good at first, the actions will not stop and I will continue, until I get obese, unless I actually do something about it. But sadly, I may be like the others and not try to.

tomertheking
tomertheking
1,751 posts
Jester

McDonalds hits McDonalds! Now picture a very fat building with a sing of McDonalds.

balerion07
balerion07
2,837 posts
Peasant

America has a pretty big economy, despite their deficit, and many companies, including those who sell food, go there.

How true, how true. 4 trillion a year in profit is more than enough to shake a stick at.
jacko1996
jacko1996
27 posts
Nomad

americans are fat because they eat at mcdonalds so its their fault

Ernie15
Ernie15
13,349 posts
Bard

americans are fat because they eat at mcdonalds so its their fault

Whose fault? You didn't specify. Is it the Americans' fault or Mickey D's fault?
choazmachine
choazmachine
1,044 posts
Nomad

I think he meant America's fault. Anyway, yeah it's bad, but the people who are obese need to deal with their weight. Did you know more than 20 lbs of their weight is rotting food stuck in their intestines because they digest too slowly? Yeah. Another reason to stay fit. And so what? We have Mc'Donalds... that isn't the problem, the obvious not exercising laziness is the problem.

I like the pic Canuck

hypoxia
hypoxia
589 posts
Nomad

Well, Americans choose the easy option of fatty foods instead of the longer but more healtier options.

RenegadePlayer
RenegadePlayer
684 posts
Nomad

its because in the ressesion mcdonals is cheap and fatty and everyone goes there, plus they make a hell of a burger :P im only 13 though so i wouldnt know addicting to food is.... my aunt has a disease that wont let her get skinny unless she doenst eat like anything but veggies. wow i feel bad for her. she wont even eat a type of grain

Showing 301-315 of 329