ForumsThe TavernEver died in a dream?

348 56782
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Last night I had a few interesting dreams. The first I don't remember. The second I was staying at a hotel, and then I went to some place where you would leave your body temporarily and go into a movie of some sort.

The third was interesting though. I was standing underneath something in the city watching a plane fly in circles above me. It was white, and resembled a Boeing 747. It looked a bit different than the current model, so I'm guessing the dream was set in the future a bit. Anyway, while it was circling I had a feeling that it would crash , but kept hoping it would just fly away. After a bit of circle the plane then started to land about approximately 350 yards away. It wasn't landing a normal way however, but vertically. Resembling a space shuttle attacked to the rockets before take off. Of course a 747 isn't meant to do that, so it blew up.

Now, this is the interesting part. I've been near explosions before in dreams (had one with a city being nuked, another where a plane blew up about 100 feet away) and never died. This time though, I experienced a second or so of pain (only in the dream) as the explosion hit, and the dream changed scenes.

Alright, so now I'll get to what I want to discuss. Have you ever died in a dream? And if so, how'd it happen? Did you have a second or so of pain (accompanied with random colors) or what happened? I'm just curious.

• 348 Replies
Armed_Blade
Armed_Blade
1,482 posts
Shepherd

I can only recall one time when I died in a dream.
So I'm like 8.
I'm looking for my mom and I have no idea wtf she is.
My genius mind decides that the best place to look would be a huge cave.
So I'm in the cave, I find my sister in my travels, my other sister, and eventually my dad.
Then we all get to my mom and she's cornered by a giant spider.
So I start raging at the spider trying to save my mom.
Then it ate me.

Really freaky dream.

rocky10199
rocky10199
70 posts
Peasant

Yup i jumped form the roof of a building.

That was such a weird dream.

xeano321
xeano321
3,152 posts
Farmer

You will never die in a dream. Your mind will wake you up before that happens.

Roger721
Roger721
1,100 posts
Nomad

Once I was dreaming that I was trapped in a zombie-infested city. I went to a fancy school that was having a normal week, even with zombies to look for weapons or food and discovered that the zombies were playing fancy and disguising! There were no humans... just zombies. I tried to run away but tripped in an electric wire on the top of a ramp-shaped shed and a zombie got me...

I woke up before he pummeled me to death.

DarthNerd
DarthNerd
1,761 posts
Nomad

I was rideing in my school bus, and we go to a zelda style canyon, although instead of jumping it with our epona's, we just kept driveing, drove and hit the wall of the canyon, and I was smashed to death. I woke up, and didnt go back to sleep.

johnmerz
johnmerz
536 posts
Shepherd

Yes, I have died in a dream as a hero, but I don't remember the details of that dream...

xAyjAy
xAyjAy
4,710 posts
Blacksmith

yes, i did. i dreamed that i repaired a self-maded motor bike on a trash dump. i was in a gang but wanted to leave it. i filled my bike with some fuel and drived away, searching the home of my father. as i though i found it i turned around, only to see the leader of the gang i leaved. i turned again around and was in a dead end. the fuel in my bike was empty and i stood with my back before the wall. the gang leader drawed his katana, jumped towards me and forced the blade through my head so it came out my chest. i woked choked up. it was so real!

BLINDsniper1
BLINDsniper1
84 posts
Nomad

I have never died in a dream, every time i come close to dying i wake up just before. And its a myth that if you die in a dream you die in real life.

naknakattack
naknakattack
10 posts
Nomad

Not died entirely. But definitely on the brink of death. I wake up when it gets too far, heart pounding!

CalvinKidd137
CalvinKidd137
888 posts
Nomad

I had a dream that I fell off a cliff and was about to hit the water and I woke up sweating. The water was shark infested btw.

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I had a dream where I was being draged to my doom in a bathroom stall.

savdebunnies
savdebunnies
111 posts
Nomad

I had a dream that I was talking to Death about clocks (quite casually as if that happened every night) and then I was a ghost and for some reason I desided to run a mile. I woke up after about 1/4 of a mile though.

I had another dream where a man walked up to me, put a sword through my heart, and I just looked at him and said "What?" far to calmly under the circumstances and then I died.

I've had several other "dieing" dreams. For some reason they're always far to calm and casual.

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I died many times in dreams. One of those dreams i was being chased by a monster and he grabed me and did a bloody eagle on me. After I die in my dreams I always go to hell for the rest of the night.

Roty
Roty
779 posts
Nomad

Yes I died so many times in many of my dreams. But the dream always ends in the moment when you die. I can prove that when I jumped off the top of MY house and reached the floor, I instantly woke up in my bed..

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I once had another dream where I was in my grandmothers apartment with her and death was coming up the stairs and he barred all the windows and stuff so I wouldn't leave and I tried to wake out of the dream and I thought I did till he walks into my room where I was sleeping and he said "you really thought I'm that dumb and stabbed me and picked me up by the hilt of the thingy he stabbed me with and opened his mouth and ate me.

Showing 181-195 of 348