ForumsThe TavernEver died in a dream?

348 56780
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Last night I had a few interesting dreams. The first I don't remember. The second I was staying at a hotel, and then I went to some place where you would leave your body temporarily and go into a movie of some sort.

The third was interesting though. I was standing underneath something in the city watching a plane fly in circles above me. It was white, and resembled a Boeing 747. It looked a bit different than the current model, so I'm guessing the dream was set in the future a bit. Anyway, while it was circling I had a feeling that it would crash , but kept hoping it would just fly away. After a bit of circle the plane then started to land about approximately 350 yards away. It wasn't landing a normal way however, but vertically. Resembling a space shuttle attacked to the rockets before take off. Of course a 747 isn't meant to do that, so it blew up.

Now, this is the interesting part. I've been near explosions before in dreams (had one with a city being nuked, another where a plane blew up about 100 feet away) and never died. This time though, I experienced a second or so of pain (only in the dream) as the explosion hit, and the dream changed scenes.

Alright, so now I'll get to what I want to discuss. Have you ever died in a dream? And if so, how'd it happen? Did you have a second or so of pain (accompanied with random colors) or what happened? I'm just curious.

• 348 Replies
vontje
vontje
866 posts
Nomad

Lol it's more surprising if i don't die than if i die lol I die a lot in my dreams haha.

Only if i'm totally in love i'll dream about that boy instead of something weird:P Or sometimes i dream about stuff like searching for my underwear haha

soniclover22
soniclover22
50 posts
Nomad

well yes and no, yes I have died in a dream, but no I woke up just before the death.

Hypermnestra
Hypermnestra
26,390 posts
Nomad

Has nobody noticed yet that this is a necro thread?

Turtelman1234
Turtelman1234
2,911 posts
Nomad

One time I was dreaming that I was crossing the road and got hit by a car. I woke up right before it hit me and I realized that I had still tensed up my stomach.

In another dream there was this giant beast-like thing that had a flail and a dinner plate as a shield (looked like the Maulers in Gears of War 2). I had a gun and couldn't shoot past that dinner plate. It smashed me and I saw my smashed up self. Then I was somewhere else and shortly after that, I woke up.

Senben9
Senben9
21 posts
Nomad

I always fall in my dream and when i about to hit the floor i wake up.

Jblaze101
Jblaze101
512 posts
Peasant

Just before the climax of the drama in my dream wether it be getting eaten shot hit by a car kissing a girl etc. I wake so I can get back to the boring realwordv lol

ManUtd4life096
ManUtd4life096
1,359 posts
Farmer

I was shot by a robber once...

gamesarmor1
gamesarmor1
61 posts
Nomad

There was this dream when I woke up at 2 AM (in my dream) and I felt hungry. So then I went to the kitchen and I see these weird alien guys that have those red eyes. I tried to run but then they extended their arms and headlocked me. When I yelled nobody was in the house, and I think they were killed by those aliens.

Rakim
Rakim
143 posts
Treasurer

I have died a lot of times in dreams. When I was younger I had nightmares quite often. The reason of my death was almost always falling from great hights. The feeling of falling down is very real in dreams.

SuperBlade
SuperBlade
10 posts
Nomad

Just a weird death...

I was Working in a workshop, and the manager asked me to deliver some metal boxes. So I got on a ladder and took the metal boxes, so the boxes were pretty heavy, and I lost my balance somehow.. so I fell into a cutting machine. I was cut to pieces... yeah, one of my scariest dreams I had, otherwise I don't sleep a lot.

Arjan
Arjan
41 posts
Nomad

I often die in my dreams, considering all the dangerous dream jobs I have...

dair5
dair5
3,371 posts
Shepherd

I was almost killed by giant carrots in my dream.

GentlemanClam
GentlemanClam
523 posts
Nomad

I always fall in my dream and when i about to hit the floor i wake up.

I had dreams like that before. I only remember one really. I think I was falling over an escalator and when I hit the ground I woke up. I also sometimes have dreams were a car is going to hit me or hits me and I wake up.
RikJimmy00
RikJimmy00
240 posts
Nomad

lots of times one i remember i was fishing at the galapagos islands in the sea i got a marlin but i dont know why i fell to the water and bam there was a white shark waiting for me and i died just like that eaten by one of that bullies

Keyara
Keyara
370 posts
Nomad

I don't think I have ever died in a dream. I have had some very close calls though. In my dreams I lead a very adventurous life, very rarely being in a different place each time. It all happens in the same "world" with the same people. In my dreams I have been stabbed, shot, impaled, thrown off a building, knocked out, trampled by a horse and, that's all I can remember. Is it normal to feel pain in a dream? That happens to me sometimes but, I wake up and don't hurt anywhere.

Showing 196-210 of 348