ForumsThe TavernEver died in a dream?

348 56774
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Last night I had a few interesting dreams. The first I don't remember. The second I was staying at a hotel, and then I went to some place where you would leave your body temporarily and go into a movie of some sort.

The third was interesting though. I was standing underneath something in the city watching a plane fly in circles above me. It was white, and resembled a Boeing 747. It looked a bit different than the current model, so I'm guessing the dream was set in the future a bit. Anyway, while it was circling I had a feeling that it would crash , but kept hoping it would just fly away. After a bit of circle the plane then started to land about approximately 350 yards away. It wasn't landing a normal way however, but vertically. Resembling a space shuttle attacked to the rockets before take off. Of course a 747 isn't meant to do that, so it blew up.

Now, this is the interesting part. I've been near explosions before in dreams (had one with a city being nuked, another where a plane blew up about 100 feet away) and never died. This time though, I experienced a second or so of pain (only in the dream) as the explosion hit, and the dream changed scenes.

Alright, so now I'll get to what I want to discuss. Have you ever died in a dream? And if so, how'd it happen? Did you have a second or so of pain (accompanied with random colors) or what happened? I'm just curious.

• 348 Replies
Rorscach00
Rorscach00
30 posts
Nomad

I never die in my dreams. I just kill the bad guy and get the girl. Cliché much?
Seriously now,I have died in about 3 of my dreams. I bet there are more,but I can't remember every dream I haveâ¦

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I have died in lot of my dreams, it's not fun.

wipe42
wipe42
819 posts
Nomad

Well I died in the dream for the first time last night. Now here is how it happened.. err.. Well it started when I broke my ribs so I feel sensitive there for some reason.
Anyway in the dream I was being chased by my chug and I jumped off a cliff. I really love the feeling of falling but that wakes me up all the time so I changed it and landed in the setting of the witch lady in "The Pirates of the Caribean: Dead Mans Chest". From there I got hit in the ribs and decided to end it there.
Well for a first time dieing I thought that wasn't to bad for myself.

Sengokura
Sengokura
497 posts
Herald

I had a dream where there was a tornado that had a mind( which is crazy), but I was hiding from the tornado in a tent that was a over a river which I was hiding under(trying to be all ninja like). But the tornado sucked me in and when I woke up I was on the floor and gasping for breath. I havent had dreams or nightmares for the fact since then.

DOTxTRI
DOTxTRI
65 posts
Nomad

Yes, I don't know how my dream started, I don't think anybody knows how their dream starts, but the setting was I was in some sorta haunted house of some sort. And I was stupid enough to go up the stairs so this dude with a hook pushed a piano down the stairs then I got squashed and woke up

ianhq
ianhq
150 posts
Nomad

I've never actually died. I've gotten close, but right as i get my heads chopped off i wake up. I think god doesn't want us to have an idea of death, so that we don't think we can cheat it.

darkengy
darkengy
205 posts
Nomad

Yep, I got my head decapitated by terrorists

11pikachu11
11pikachu11
167 posts
Nomad

lots of times its scary

glaceonex23
glaceonex23
424 posts
Nomad

It's kinda creepy to me, I dreamt me being headshot while I was saving my family. O_o

AfterBurner0
AfterBurner0
896 posts
Nomad

Once I dreamed that I got stabbed. I woke up and I wasn't able to breathe for a few seconds.

FinnDragon
FinnDragon
993 posts
Blacksmith

Actually no :O I cant remember any dream where I was died.Actually I dont remember that I have been damaged badly in dreams :O
But I usually dont remember my dreams when I woke up.

Dragongunner
Dragongunner
55 posts
Blacksmith

I die in my dreams everytime.

master565
master565
4,104 posts
Nomad

Nope, never. I hardly dream, and when i do, I wake myself up if it's a nightmare.

ldslarson
ldslarson
59 posts
Nomad

I have died in my dreams a few times not very fun lol!!!!

Here is one of them I was in the back of a pickup truck (no idea how I got there) and the driver drove off a cliff and I fell out then hit a rock on my head woke up sweating.

StormWalker
StormWalker
8,231 posts
Jester

yes, but only in my lovely recurring nightmare. which i will now describe. i'm in this nice colorful bookstore place. suddenly, the lights go out evvything is gray, and theres blood.
i hide on top of a table full of books. this guy comes in with a bunch of creepy dogs that stalk me around and try to kill me. sometimes the dogs get me. sometimes i escape.
i always end up in this room with giant statues and sparkly purple smoke. there i either smash his skull in with a statue or he kills me in various ways.
when i die, i wake up in the bathtub in my bathroom.
it creeps me out.

Showing 226-240 of 348