ForumsThe TavernEver died in a dream?

348 56775
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Last night I had a few interesting dreams. The first I don't remember. The second I was staying at a hotel, and then I went to some place where you would leave your body temporarily and go into a movie of some sort.

The third was interesting though. I was standing underneath something in the city watching a plane fly in circles above me. It was white, and resembled a Boeing 747. It looked a bit different than the current model, so I'm guessing the dream was set in the future a bit. Anyway, while it was circling I had a feeling that it would crash , but kept hoping it would just fly away. After a bit of circle the plane then started to land about approximately 350 yards away. It wasn't landing a normal way however, but vertically. Resembling a space shuttle attacked to the rockets before take off. Of course a 747 isn't meant to do that, so it blew up.

Now, this is the interesting part. I've been near explosions before in dreams (had one with a city being nuked, another where a plane blew up about 100 feet away) and never died. This time though, I experienced a second or so of pain (only in the dream) as the explosion hit, and the dream changed scenes.

Alright, so now I'll get to what I want to discuss. Have you ever died in a dream? And if so, how'd it happen? Did you have a second or so of pain (accompanied with random colors) or what happened? I'm just curious.

• 348 Replies
awesomeplayer312
awesomeplayer312
187 posts
Nomad

yea i dreamed that i was running fro this weird clown thing and there was this cliff and i ran off of it and the clown started laughing at me...pretty weird.

81tyler
81tyler
48 posts
Nomad

i was falling in the drift of space and then suffocated

Ghost2486
Ghost2486
29 posts
Nomad

I do somtimes either by epic helicopter crash or by a horrible fall but one time my sis's stuffed bunny did me in it was wierd......

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

yup
once, a mummy was chasing me
another, all of a sudden of suffoacting
a vampire was chasing me
I jumped off a building

numino
numino
214 posts
Peasant

in my dreams am usually the killer but its mostly mythical creatures that die, zombies, huge telekinetic octopus, you know strange things you would hallucinate about.

mattduggan13
mattduggan13
1,795 posts
Nomad

I once had a dream where I was running from the Grim Reaper, and I started falling and falling and falling, until there was complete blackness. My parents had to shake me awake.

TheFlash6
TheFlash6
83 posts
Nomad

idid in a couple one was i was in some kind of warehouse and thaen a squirrel atacked me and i shot it with a shotgun then another and and another. finnaly a giant one came and ate me.

My mind ussaly does'nt ussaly have dreams like this but..

Somewhat49
Somewhat49
1,606 posts
Nomad

I have died in alot of dreams and am an expert in it and could tell you that in my dreams it usualy is painful because I either die with broken bones and just bleed to death whereas I faint and wake up in the RL, or I die without pain but usualy am killed by a monster and then I have to endure hell for the rest of the night (literaly, and that's not a nice place)

Santi_
Santi_
1,900 posts
Nomad

I've been having death "dreams" ever since I was 5. It includes it all, being strangled to death, shot, bleeding, huge falls, and multiple assasinations. I'm thinking I dream of people's worst thoughts or qualities. Because whenever I have a strange dream, something mysteriously similar happens like that happens to me, or a person.

floodrunner7777
floodrunner7777
53 posts
Nomad

yes i got shot in the head with a shotgun and then i had no head
in the dream my best friend died and the setting was a bit like the xbox game dead space 2 in the future.

brunitxo
brunitxo
58 posts
Nomad

Yeah, a few times when I played GoW, although it's usually me killing other people in my dreams.

Xavierthe9
Xavierthe9
155 posts
Farmer

yes. count olaff chopped my arm off and i died.

kevin8ye
kevin8ye
572 posts
Nomad

its pitch black, lights turn on and im looking into a giants mouth

Ghost2486
Ghost2486
29 posts
Nomad

there was this one time i was on the spirit of fire (halo nerd talk for spaceship) getting ready to launch in a pelican when the bay doors opened and i was sucked out but a had my halmet air sealed so i was alive but i plumeted down towards the planet but it was weird cause a grunt (more nerd talk for little alien) was plumeting next to me going beep beep but it was my alarm clock but i didnt wake up till i hit the ground... (by "this one time" i mean last night)

CalvinChong
CalvinChong
14 posts
Farmer

Well not really died in a dream, but you could say half dead. Imagine you are sleeping in a nice dream, sometimes you control freely, but later on someone push you off the stairs or the cliff, you woke up! i find it irritating at times.

Showing 241-255 of 348