ForumsThe TavernEver died in a dream?

348 56763
Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Last night I had a few interesting dreams. The first I don't remember. The second I was staying at a hotel, and then I went to some place where you would leave your body temporarily and go into a movie of some sort.

The third was interesting though. I was standing underneath something in the city watching a plane fly in circles above me. It was white, and resembled a Boeing 747. It looked a bit different than the current model, so I'm guessing the dream was set in the future a bit. Anyway, while it was circling I had a feeling that it would crash , but kept hoping it would just fly away. After a bit of circle the plane then started to land about approximately 350 yards away. It wasn't landing a normal way however, but vertically. Resembling a space shuttle attacked to the rockets before take off. Of course a 747 isn't meant to do that, so it blew up.

Now, this is the interesting part. I've been near explosions before in dreams (had one with a city being nuked, another where a plane blew up about 100 feet away) and never died. This time though, I experienced a second or so of pain (only in the dream) as the explosion hit, and the dream changed scenes.

Alright, so now I'll get to what I want to discuss. Have you ever died in a dream? And if so, how'd it happen? Did you have a second or so of pain (accompanied with random colors) or what happened? I'm just curious.

• 348 Replies
Spore
Spore
1,106 posts
Peasant

Well, I actually jumped off a very tall building without a Parachute...I was falling down and screaming... I woke up right before hitting the ground...Weird kinda..

kamrad
kamrad
564 posts
Nomad

In one dream, I got shot a couple of time by a Tommy Gun, and took them out without pain or felling and didn't die, but the only dream that I can remember in which I died in was when I fell on the edge of a cliff, but I just re-appeared in the same place before I fell off, and then repeated falling off the cliff like I did previously a couple of times, all that happened was it just went black and then I come up in the same spot again, I didn't feel any pain at all. A bit weird I know...

Osmar38
Osmar38
180 posts
Blacksmith

I dreamed that i was in Raccon City, and there were a LOT of zombies, they killed me -.-!

MonsterBox
MonsterBox
232 posts
Nomad

yes actually if u die in ur dream my mom told me u live longer lol

compnerd12
compnerd12
13 posts
Nomad

I only have three dreams that I remember. All of them are from when i was younger. Strangely, I don't ever remember my dreams. Ok, heres the dreams.
Dream One
I was being chased by a giant doglike creature and I was tiny. Running with me were some creatures that I can't remember. The creature chased me under closet doors and beds. Then I woke up.
Dream Two
This was when I wished I was bulkier. A stage in my childhood, if you will. Anyway, I dreamt I was in my room and someone came in and injected me with something they called, 'Poison'. The dream then skipped to school where I was basically a child buff. LOLZORZ!
Dream Three
This one embarrased me more than anything in my LIFE. I dreamt that I was sort of a humicorn. A human-unicorn hybrid. Yup. And plus, I was basically an older humicorn's sidekick. Bleh >.<

tennisman24
tennisman24
4,682 posts
Farmer

Nope. I almost have but end up living.

Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Well no, but i saw a huge meteor the size of a city then i closed my eyes i heard booms and vibrations but it actually hurt, but hey they say, if you die in a dream, you die for real :O

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

but hey they say, if you die in a dream, you die for real :O

Haha, I think about half the people in this thread are proof against that.
budokai1694
budokai1694
255 posts
Peasant

Haha, I think about half the people in this thread are proof against that.

thats cuz half the people in this are most likely lieing
Danstanta
Danstanta
1,702 posts
Blacksmith

Hehhh that is right , because i have never died in a dream so their we gooo!
TSL3_needed
TSL3_needed
5,579 posts
Nomad

Many a time. Due to the unique nature of my dreams, I tend to have nightmares that are dreams and dreams that are nightmares. It's weird.

Sometimes I actually feel real pain, excruciating even, as I die in my dreams. So much to a point that I wake up clenching my throat.

I don't like it when flesh eating vampires rip my tracheae out O.O

ratrear12
ratrear12
97 posts
Nomad

I once dreamed about werewolves attacking me.. :P

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

Why would you lie about dying in a dream?

Or about being alive, for that matter.

I don't like it when flesh eating vampires rip my tracheae out O.O

Reading too much twilight, TSL? xD
ilovemoney249
ilovemoney249
811 posts
Nomad

Many times, im walking in an empty mall (idk what), then i suddenly feel like falling. So i jumped off the ledge(im on second floor), and i land but feel no pain (just a little)

One time, i'm about to hit myself on a metal pole (in a dream) then suddenly wake up and my head bangs into the frame (near my bed)

FishyDragon
FishyDragon
145 posts
Nomad

Yep, in a car crash. That's when I woke up.

Showing 76-90 of 348