The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474619
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
TheCase88
TheCase88
2 posts
Nomad

I own a PS3 and have played the Wii and 360 plenty of times to do the comparison. PS3 has the graphics that the 360 lacks, free multiplayer, I know they have the same amount of buttons and analog sticks but I like the PS3 layout better, and you can't forget about blu-ray. I mean who doesn't want a game system that doubles as an entertainment center? I enjoy watching movies, especially in full HD. So why not call in a nuke on MW2, and then flip on a great blu-ray movie? The only thing the box has over the PS3 is Left4Dead....thats it, Halo is so-so, not for me. Played the first two, never got into em. I'll play the Wii and the 360 if they are there but, if a PS3 is also available, you might as well pack the other two up.

JIMPAOK
JIMPAOK
10 posts
Peasant

i have ps3 and i have play in xbox 360 and both is very good for gaming ,but i belive ps3 is better from xbox .wii is a family console with diference gaming play

GundamUnicorn
GundamUnicorn
2 posts
Nomad

PS3 is better than Xbox 360 amd wii....the PS3 have better games and is the top quality console ever

siddo009
siddo009
1 posts
Nomad

I think the wii is better then both of those,
It's like perfect for friends and i'm a big nintendo-fan!

Ghastro77
Ghastro77
1 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360 is better with online gaming.
PS3 is better with single-player gaming.
Wii is better with family/party gaming.

My vote sides with the Xbox 360.

generalgeorge
generalgeorge
12 posts
Nomad

i got xbox360 becourse there are more games i like on it i dont like the wii ps3 bad quality i dont have it

FireWa1ker
FireWa1ker
2 posts
Nomad

Wii, only because its the only one that originally incorporates the whole family :/

Negfinity
Negfinity
110 posts
Nomad

Wii's the best becuase there's free wi-fi. Free Nintendo Wi-Fi.

Xbox 360 - you have to pay to go to LIVE and play online
PS3 - I don't know that you have to pay to play online because there's like PlayStation Network, but I think you have to pay.

shade338
shade338
123 posts
Shepherd

Well this one is a very interesting topic cause right now they are competing playstation took the wii ideas and trys its very best to beat xbox and xbox is trying to have best 3d graphics yet and the wii is trying to perfect motionless controllers so i say......all of the above i dont care i am a gamer and as a gamer i play any game that is good and beat at the end it doesnt matter wat systme i play either!

Fr0st6it3
Fr0st6it3
24 posts
Shepherd

Playstation is the best, but I do miss the old nintendo games of my childhood like the Zelda serie.

captmadcow
captmadcow
3 posts
Nomad

Ok The Wii is great as a family game. They have the arcady games which I love so I would get it based on that. PS3 has almost the same games as XBox 360 but it copied Wii with its motion wands which looks a little suggestive (I really don't care and am surprised no one has noticed it but what ever.) I love the XBox because of the graphics and made a jump in the motion technology where you don't need a remote to interact with the game so you get a better workout and you don't break anything in the process.

colynrox
colynrox
24 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360 is the best but wiht the wii and ps3 u get free wifi

AJ7419
AJ7419
1 posts
Nomad

ps3 all the way
i dont like the controller for the xbox and i hate halo
the wii is fun and all, but now that the playstation move is out i think that the wii will be overclassed, plus the ps3 has the best graphics out of all of them
on a sidenote: i play on a pc most of the time, cause i love l4d 2 (and i know that youll say, "well the 360 has it too", but i dont think that the analog stick is as realistic as the mouse, because the mouse feels like an extension of my arm/hand

Demonator133
Demonator133
76 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360 because it has more ways to communicate with people and easier to find your way around

cleary
cleary
1 posts
Nomad

PS3 <- Xbox <--------------------------------------------wii.

The main battle is between PS3 and XBOX. the wii does not apply to true gamers because it's based it's market on wealthy families which means they make shit games that pretend to make you smarter or fitter rather than being a challenging game. having said that there are a small number of good games for the wii like SSBB, Zelda: Twilight Princess, Wario ware... not many more, I hated Super mario galaxy.

The Xbox 360 is a very good console in terms of it's online connectivity with other players, making it easy to join in on each others games in large groups and be able to talk to each other over MSN or the Xbox live chat. It also has very good exclusive games such as Gears, Left 4 Dead, Halo etc. (each with a selection of extremely popular online modes). It's controller is argued by many to be the most comfortable and usable... there are many other features which make it a good console but we don't want to be here all day do we.

The PS3 however, had to live up to its mighty predecessors (PS1, PS2) whereas the Xbox 360 has only its Xbox to stand on which means that the PS3 has a good few more years of experience behind it. This lack of console designing experience in the microsoft industry may be why many Xbox 360s are prone to the dreaded "red rings of death", feared by all Xbox 360 owners.

The Xbox, although being enough for a gamer to enjoy, is still not aimed at the original gamer. The new gen gamers who haven't experienced the joy of Sonic: the hedgehog, Zelda: Ocarina of Time or Final Fantasy (X or lower) love playing online which makes the Xbox their console of choice. The PS3 stays true to itâs audience of experienced gamers by bringing out the least amount of gimmicky games between the 3 consoles, sticking with a controller people have been using for years (and is iconic to itâs brand) and doesnât base itself too much on the online side of games â" having a free but less manoeuvrable system of connection with other PS3 players known as the PSN (PlayStation Network). Also the PSN offers a wide selection of long-loved PS1 titles that players can revisit for reasonable price, a lot of which can be very hard to find on disc today.
For these reasons I find that â" as someone whoâs been gaming since three years old on the Megadrive and SNES â" the PS3 has satisfied the true gamers needs more than those other hunks âoâ junk (the Xbox is alright but Wii can burn in hell). I hope youâve enjoyed and maybe been even been persuaded by my lil comparison Iâve done for you, keep on gaming!

Showing 1666-1680 of 5032