The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473821
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
websurfer915
websurfer915
7 posts
Shepherd

in my opinion
1. ps3 beacause u can videochat, and livechat, and download movies
, alo u dont need batteries for the remotes, u charge them
2. Xbox, costs tons of money, but the kinect thing sounds really cool, has very good graphics
3. the wii, one good thing is that wii should deserve all the credit for the motion cotrol things, after all it was the first nintendo game that use motion control. but the reason i think its bad beacause im comparing it to the two most awesome systems in the world, if i was comparing it to the ds, wii wins by a landslide

GUESTCHEETAH
GUESTCHEETAH
1 posts
Nomad

The Wii is just a fail when it comes to core gaming and that's what i buy a system for. the ps3 and xbox are about dead even in my opinion

TheMostManlyMan
TheMostManlyMan
5,825 posts
Chamberlain

well they're making another WII called the WII U so prob not the WII and they just made Kinect for Xbox360 so they're not going to make another one to replace it soon and I don't know to much about the PS3 but that's fairly new so I doubt that the PS4 is coming out anytime soon

turk61600
turk61600
2 posts
Shepherd

The XBOX 360 is the best because,

1:If you drop it or it gets phsyically damaged it will not break as fast as the Playstation and the Wii.

2:It has Kinect.

3:It is able to move profiles to another Xbox Via USB, Memory Unit, Online Profile Download.

4:The Halo series is only playable on Xbox 360.

5:Controllers DO NOT break easily.

kamy13
kamy13
1 posts
Nomad

Hi....all...
My vote goes.to..ps3...its a worth buying....
picture in high definition...ultimate sound quality..and many more features...

mikoaski
mikoaski
20 posts
Shepherd

xbox for sure

the controller is the one that bets suits on the hand, XBLA is more organized than PSN, Halo is great and the dashboard is more simple than the PS3

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

:It is able to move profiles to another Xbox Via USB, Memory Unit, Online Profile Download.

Um, you can do that with PS3 too.

If you drop it or it gets phsyically damaged it will not break as fast as the Playstation and the Wii.

Why would you damage your console anyway? Your supposed to take care of your electronics. I don't think the Xbox is that durable anyway.

Controllers DO NOT break easily.

Neither do Wii or PS3. I can't tell you how many times my controller has slipped or I was celebrating/raging and forgot the controller was in my hand. As long as you don't take a hammer to it multiple times you should be fine.
corey0910
corey0910
2 posts
Nomad

I honestly just think it depends on what kind of person you are, i dont think that there is a "Top Dog" console. Just what you like and what you dont like.
I like the Wii for its similar games and gameplay to the Gameboy and Gamecube. Also for its great games like Mario and Kirby games. I like the PS3 because of the classic PS games such as the Jak and God of War series. I also like the Dualshock controller for its comfortable design.
Finally the Xbox 360, i really enjoy this console for many reasons starting out with the games such as Halo and Gears of War. I also like the controller, the sleek and comfortable design with the triggers.
Over all, my favorite has to be the Xobx 360, like i said before, i dont think there is a " Top Dog " but my favorite is the Xbox 360.

nfsnfs223
nfsnfs223
4 posts
Peasant

I'm going to settle this debate with three indisputable points as to why the ps3 is better than the Xbox360. Oh and btw halo being exclusive for the xbox is not an argument i'm sick of people using it. anyway point 1- the ps3 has better graphics. wait wait wait before you judge let me explain, if you where to play the halo series compared to well uncharted yes the res would be better on the xbox or if you played metal gear solid 4 on the ps3 than played... just cause 2 for the xbox obviously ps3 would be better, but im saying if you play the same game on the same tv with each console there is a notable difference in resolution. point-2 (this argument is meant more for new xbox players) when you first play online on the xbox, especially on fps, you get killed so quickly and so many times you never want to play again. This is because people on xbox have to pay for there online use and therefore are able or i guess determined to get the most for their money. hence there are far more good players on the xbox network than ps3 which makes it hard to start as a noob when going online. finally and i already mentioned it is that if you own an xbox yo have to pay for your online usage. wtf is that bs..... this is the deal sealer here ladies and gentlemen if you have to pay for something that is free on the other consol why does is this debate still being argued. why the hell would anyone buy an xbox if ps3's have better graphics, easier to start online usage and that online usage is free. wait, i forgot one thing..... the red ring of death. to all those who don't know what this means when an xbox is left on for to long there is a little red indicator that basically tells you your screwed. i've left my ps3 on for a straight month with a game playing in it and when i came back there was nothing wrong. you can't do that with your xbox, and i guess thats not really a point against the xbox as long as you remember to turn it off but I figured it was a mention able point. well I've got other reasons but then i would be knit picking so i leave you with that. (I apologize for any grammatical errors i may have missed.)

- William S.

Easton5
Easton5
32 posts
Nomad

Each system has their own crowd really. Wii for casual gamers with its family friendly titles PS3 for the more Hardcore with its superior hardware and those willing to pay top dollar, and the Xbox for those in the middle who want an all around good system for a cheaper price. Personally, I'm a PS3 guy. It has the better exclusives oiut of all of them. Xbox really just has Halo and fable, and those don't bring anything more to the table than any other first person shooter or western RPG.

Easton5
Easton5
32 posts
Nomad

I'm with nfsnfs223 on this.
On a side note, is it even fair to put the Wii in this argument? I mean, really? Sure it has a few fun games but with the PS Move and the Kinect it's function is just kinda obsolete. Sure it was a cool concept, but Nintendo never really brought it out to the forefront as a lasting game system. Once it released it's Mario, Zelda, and Metroid titles, it had nothing left to offer. To be honest, I can almost guarantee the same will happen to the Wii U. Great concept, but won't be used to its full potential.

KhaoticSniper
KhaoticSniper
210 posts
Nomad

I'm going to settle this debate with three indisputable points as to why the ps3 is better than the Xbox360. Oh and btw halo being exclusive for the xbox is not an argument i'm sick of people using it. anyway point 1- the ps3 has better graphics. wait wait wait before you judge let me explain, if you where to play the halo series compared to well uncharted yes the res would be better on the xbox or if you played metal gear solid 4 on the ps3 than played... just cause 2 for the xbox obviously ps3 would be better, but im saying if you play the same game on the same tv with each console there is a notable difference in resolution. point-2 (this argument is meant more for new xbox players) when you first play online on the xbox, especially on fps, you get killed so quickly and so many times you never want to play again. This is because people on xbox have to pay for there online use and therefore are able or i guess determined to get the most for their money. hence there are far more good players on the xbox network than ps3 which makes it hard to start as a noob when going online. finally and i already mentioned it is that if you own an xbox yo have to pay for your online usage. wtf is that bs..... this is the deal sealer here ladies and gentlemen if you have to pay for something that is free on the other consol why does is this debate still being argued. why the hell would anyone buy an xbox if ps3's have better graphics, easier to start online usage and that online usage is free. wait, i forgot one thing..... the red ring of death. to all those who don't know what this means when an xbox is left on for to long there is a little red indicator that basically tells you your screwed. i've left my ps3 on for a straight month with a game playing in it and when i came back there was nothing wrong. you can't do that with your xbox, and i guess thats not really a point against the xbox as long as you remember to turn it off but I figured it was a mention able point. well I've got other reasons but then i would be knit picking so i leave you with that. (I apologize for any grammatical errors i may have missed.)

- William S.

K well listen!
everyone has there own FAV Okay! i personally like Xbox better, then u have people that like PS3 better, and then u have the people that like Wii better, and on and on, why does everyone need to fight and argue which one is better? Everyone knows once u make thread like this there is gonna be fights (calling people gay for likeing the Wii) In the end i dont care if people like the PS3 better than the Xbox i just Want to have fun on them, and sure i think Xbox is better than the PS3 and the Wii but thats my Opinion
Regards
KhaoticSniper
Ploder
Ploder
19 posts
Nomad

All systems actually excel in different areas. The Wii is more "family friendly", and you don't have to be a "serious gamer" to just whip it out and play with friends. The Xbox 360 (I think) is the most user friendly and it has the greatest processing power out of them all. The PS3 has free internet gameplay and a variety of great exclusives (LittleBig Planet, Uncharted, etc...)

Personally though, I prefer the Xbox. I grew up with great games like Halo 1 and 2, Deus Ex, Mech Assault and Samurai Warriors. The Xbox 360 has even better titles now, like Gears of War and Call of Duty.

devsaupa
devsaupa
1,810 posts
Nomad

This is a first. People are actually posting reasons instead of 5-word posts. Lets keep it that way everybody.

The Xbox 360 (I think) is the most user friendly

Do you mean setting up the system and navigating it, or user support? I think Xbox has better user support, but I think the actual PS3 layout and setup is a bit easier.
Easton5
Easton5
32 posts
Nomad

All the systems have Call of Duty. Personally, I like the PS3 internet play better, not only is it free, but you don't have any people yelling obscenities into your ear the entire game.

Showing 4141-4155 of 5032