ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473406
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
dimismx
dimismx
169 posts
Nomad

both xbox and playstation are great,but iwould prefer xbox cause of Halo and Gears of War.as for Wii system i don't know much..

usabfb
usabfb
46 posts
Nomad

it all depends on what your looking for. if its something to do with the family then you want the wii. most of its games are T or E and the E games are all pretty fun. the 360 is best for you and your friends if you want to shoot a bunch of things and have fun one or two people at a time.

Xavier528262
Xavier528262
8 posts
Nomad

I personally own a 360 and Wii, but don't own a PS3, so I can't attack the PS3 and say it's a bad system. However, I cannot say that it is the best system either. I like the 360 because of the large variety of games, as well as the multiplayer capabilities it has. (which I cannot be sure of because I don't have Xbox live) As for the Wii, the graphics may not be near as good as the 360 or PS3, but the games are designed for interaction as a whole, which is more than assuming the role of another person in a/an rpg. I enjoy playing halo 3 with my friends on split-screen, as well as playing Wii Sports with my family. (btw, I do want a PS3. I think owning one would give me an advantage as to compare and contrast, as well as play a lot of games :P)

Squidaga
Squidaga
95 posts
Nomad

My opinion, considering we aren't limited to next-gen consoles, all next-gen consoles suck in their own way. Here's the list:

Wii:
1. Mostly kiddie games "Hey anybody wanna play Wii Bowling?" sure a few games aren't "E" rated but still that makes 294 out of 300 games that are
2. I don't play video games to get fIt, I play video games to get fAt, that one letter makes all the difference, the Wii doubles as a gym, which is dumb for a game console.
3. Intelligence degeneration-no games actually require that much active thinking, and "Bejeweled-style" games don't count, I'm talking about strategy/stealth games. The 6 or so non-"E" games are adrenaline pumped shooters of spray n' pray.
Xbox 360:
1. RROD, need I say more.
2. The 360 elite is immune to RROD but it cost twice as much, there must be a HUGE market on incompetence these days. Not to mention, the Elite doesn't get RROD but it beaks three times as easily from everything thing else
3. The Xbox Live sever room gets its power from burning wads of c-notes from your wallet.
4. Too Many retards... Xbox has many "M" games, which I'm fine with, it just tends to tow "Mic Trolls" simple enough to find out what that means.
PS3:
side-note: I haven't been involved with a PS3 that much so i can't say too much bad about it but I'll try.
1. It only does EVERYTHING-yet it specializes in nothing, the phrase "A jack of all trades, but a master of none." fits this well.
2. Game Invasion-Walk into game stop and you'll see 50% of it covered in many games more than 75% of them are stupid, the "same exact thing as the other series/games" half-crap versions of better games for better consoles. Actually good games tend to come out less often than other consoles.
3. Sony - a name i was used to seeing on my stereo system before the PS1 came out, now they have almost every thing you can thing of entertainment based, and all of it a collaboration of loopholes in other peoples patents. Basically, they don't come up with anything on their own. Only thing I can think of is the odd ability for turning it off and it still being on, THANKS FOR THE 'LETRIC BILL SONY!

So what do I Like: this ... The Nintendo 64, Xbox (regular not 360), PS2, NES, Atari. They had less executive corruption then, less "moneymoneymoneymoney" thought process, they just thought of what made the customers happy, and that was hardcore games that require lightning-like reflexes and ACTUAL intelligence. Because that was before football players liked video games, which they caused > Madden...
But as I have to chose one, it'd be Nintendo 64. This is why.
1. Great for last gen, the memory, game-play, graphics was par, maybe a liiiiittle sub-par with next gen.well game-play was better then.
2. Originality, now most games are very similar to those of the 64, just dumbed down so Madden players can understand it (If you do play Madden my sincerest apologies, it is a generalization football players have low IQ, and I have a tendency to angry rant when I'm half-gone at 1 A.M.) Originality scores big with me. Why would you want to play a worse version of something that was already made.
3.Zelda, yes... yes,I'm an angry Gamer Nerd that hates what the next-gen did to the Legend of Zelda games, for one they ditched the Ocarina of Time, no more memorization is required. Don't even get me started on the Twilight Princess, especially the "Beat the game button" where Minda does everything For you, just point in their general direction, grrr...
4.Insanity, yes I like it because it had crazy games such as Earthworm Jim and things that make normal peoples heads go on the Fritz, I'm that kind of guy that can understand it.

That's why the 64 kicks the heck out of the next-gen consoles. This is Squidaga and I'm Signin' off.

Squidaga
Squidaga
95 posts
Nomad

I'm sorry I didn't read the topic, all i saw was the fist post state "Battle of the game consoles" disregard my previous post.

muzzamasta
muzzamasta
16 posts
Nomad

I think the WII is the best because the ps3 is just the ps2 with extras added on and the xbox 360 is only good for shooting games.
the WII has amazing features such as:
motion sensor
great retro games
great internet that is free
great shop with great games for great prices
wii fit
great mario games from mario kart to super mario galaxy and super mario bros
great controllers and numchucks

these are the reasons why the wii is the best

xXforforXx
xXforforXx
67 posts
Nomad

I think the WII is the best because the ps3 is just the ps2 with extras added on and the xbox 360 is only good for shooting games.

You sir win the price for this years sentence with most fail.

Anyway if you search on the internet a little bit you acctually find out that the Wii is acctually a Gamecube with optical drive that supports normal DVDs and uses another OS(Operating System). The Wii and the Gamecube are almost identical in hardware, and playing with last gen hardware is like playing Crysis on a PC from 2001.

And some more to your statment about the PS3, how can the PS3 be PS2 with addons when Sony built the PS3 from scratch and put in 7 CELL processors and a RSX GPU from Nvidia. That's like saying the Wii is a NES with addons.

The 360 got many other good games then just shooting games, it's just that it seems like mmost 360 owners just care about GTA, Halo and Gears of War and other overhyped games that involve guns.
Zakun
Zakun
1 posts
Nomad

xbox 360 for sure it has many games to choose from while ps3 only has a few great games and the for the family

aboe
aboe
70 posts
Nomad

well. in my opinion, xbox 360 and ps3 are equally matched. but the wii, is just COMPLETELY CRAP. i hate it. the games usually have bad graphics, its extremely hard to control. games are all kiddy. and all the games are for beginners. its especially stupid if ur an advanced gamer.

crazydumdum
crazydumdum
203 posts
Nomad

PS3 all the way. better graphics and features. not mention the free online.

94inferno
94inferno
1 posts
Nomad

PS3 is a superior system, but because of the release price most of the people I know have a 360, which has a better game selection. The only game I am missing is the new ratchet and clank, but I did get the RRoD, so I was systemless for most of a week. Wii has changed gaming, by getting moms and non gamer types to pick up a control, because its easy. I cant recommend the wii for any hardcore gamer,

So, I wish I could afford 360 and PS3, but I can's so the hard decision is...

360, by a disk tray cover

champion10
champion10
518 posts
Shepherd

Who plays the wii anymore the ps3 doesn't even have much good games at all. So xbox 360 definetly wins.

the_manta
the_manta
4,536 posts
Peasant

I'VE FIGURED IT OUT!!

The Wii itself doesn't suck! 3rd party developers just half-ass all their games!

Seriously, the Wii is capable of handling some pretty good graphics, Metroid Prime 3 for example. It just seems that 3rd partiers don't give a crap. Many of the Nintendo games for it are great though...

Just pointing that out. 360 wins for me, it's just I have to share this amazing discovery!

harriton2
harriton2
4 posts
Nomad

PS3 i think is best but wii has like brawl twillight princess, world of goo for the Wii point shop and yea

2good2beture
2good2beture
29 posts
Nomad

i think that play station and xbox-360 should be the best because i like both the thing suxs about xbox is that the xbox live is not free but os3 is free but its worth it because xbox-360 and ps3 are really cool

Showing 496-510 of 5032