The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473604
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
ei8ht
ei8ht
22 posts
Nomad

I'm putting in my vote for the 360, because of the features you can get with it, great games, and the only downside is paying for Live.

xXD4rKAngELXx98
xXD4rKAngELXx98
5 posts
Nomad

360 all the way!!

360s rule, PS3s have good graphics but 360s have i think better gameplay and I i think Wiis are a waste of money

1,855 posts
Nomad

I might have to change my vote. Xbox360s have much better graphics... So, I'd say that it's a tie between the Wii and the Xbox360.

endz00
endz00
4 posts
Nomad

Wii is for Dumb blondes and girls that think there good at games. Hate DS too psp owns that

360 is for middle class and budget gamers like me its got nice games that ps3 has and wii cant come near 360.

PS3 is way ahead of its time and games are too expensive also the console it self.

greenwolf911
greenwolf911
2 posts
Nomad

xbox is better in my opinion just ebcause there are bugs doesnt mean it will alway fail on you

DragonMistress
DragonMistress
1,058 posts
Blacksmith

Wii is for Dumb blondes and girls that think there good at games.

Or people who like to get active while playing a game, or enjoy a game that takes more interactivity or a different kind of hand-eye co-ordination.

Not to say that I'd choose the Wii. My list would be XBox 360, Wii, then PS3 (though I don't own a PS3, so that's not so fair).

Yes, the 360 has a lot of bugs (I myself had the RRoD once, it was a traumatizing experience) but I love the interface and the ease of use. Adding a friend on the Wii is obnoxious and basically pointless, but I use my 360 as an extension of my buddy lists elsewhere. I can play with friends and family and see what people are up to. I also love the download capabilities and all the little free trial games!

I use my Wii less than my 360, but only slightly. I love the exercise games, and the little mini-games are great for parties...and just to mess around with if we're bored. I use each system to a different end, and I love both of them.
Chandler7
Chandler7
36 posts
Nomad

the ONLY good thing about the PS3 is blueray.

Im a Nintendo guy but the 360 has more to offer as far as first person shooters go anyway.

printhhhuper0rsysyq
printhhhuper0rsysyq
14 posts
Nomad

Computers have the most games and buttons(on for instance the 360 dosent have as much buttons as the PC so some
moves that cant be performed on the other consels
can be played on the PC.

Brandon91298
Brandon91298
1 posts
Nomad

Ill refer to the xbox360 because of the most games it has only for that console. Also had hd. The ps3 had less games but their very good and only some are blu ray and only for ps3. Ps3 had the wii like controll too. The wii has the remote and braw. Idk their all good so ill pick ps3 because of the blu ray, the games, the controll, and the ps2 games.

GammaRayZ
GammaRayZ
38 posts
Nomad

Playstation 3: Expensive, alot of the games have issues with guns (Uncharted: Shoot some one in the head with a shotgun at point blank range they wont die), some games are repetitive. Sure it has Blu-Ray built in but really there is no differance between Blu-Ray and DVD (get a HD TV with DVD you get samething as Blu-Ray). The graphics are a good point. Overall: Not worth the price.

Wii: Solid price, Half decent games, graphics are decent, WTF!?!?!? is with the Miis. Great interactivity. Mario games are always fun. Can not really find one in stores.
Overall: Worth the price if you can find one.

Xbox 360: Decent price (100$ at EB for new), great graphics, XboxLIVE (nuff said), Halo, Gears of War, good user interface, unlike other Microsoft products does not bloddy crash every five seconds. You can find one almost anywere. RRoD I can live with (I got a new power bar and it went away (Xbox360 power bar at FutureShop like 30$). Unlike the Wii the XboxLIVE avatars look human.
Overall: Worth the price.

My vote: Xbox 360.

TheCheeseMaker
TheCheeseMaker
349 posts
Nomad

PS3 is the game system that is actually good. It has great games. It has the best online play (and online is free). Graphics are incredible. GammaRayZ, you are wrong about DVD. An HDTV with DVD is SOOOOO different. Have you tried an HDTV with Blu-Ray? The price is pretty low for all the great things about it. It can play PS1 and PS2 games. There is no need for memory cards. The controllers are wireless. Plus the price for a PS3 is including a state-of-the-art controller. Add a headset for 20 bucks and you got ourself the best war games EVAH!!!!! (sorry but I had to misspell that)

I choose PS3.

nitewalker11
nitewalker11
17 posts
Nomad

PS3

Pros:
Certifiably better graphics
LittleBigPlanet
MGS4
MAG
1% chance of YLOD (XBOX 30% or more RROD)
Free Internet Games

Cons:
Less users
No Gears
No Halo

Neither of these three cons bother me at all, so I choose PS3

nitewalker11
nitewalker11
17 posts
Nomad

Also, GammaRayZ, alot of issues with guns? Just because one game has underpowered guns does not mean the whole system is crap.

redx161
redx161
589 posts
Peasant

I cant pick between a 360 or ps3, the wii does has its games but not as many as the 360 ps3, the ps3 is good for hd dvds and blu-ray, so if want the system that has better graphics for your movies pick ps3, but the ps3 does have games that are out that are most likely in the top 25 games of the decade, and games that are gonna come out, like god of war 3

Xer0
Xer0
3 posts
Nomad

[i] I loved the PlayStation for a long time but five hundred dollars come on the 360 has great games and i love to play it

Showing 676-690 of 5032