The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1473599
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
frozenfire12
frozenfire12
18 posts
Nomad

well i love the ps3
Its has,
DVD player,
Blue-ray player,
Awsome gaming system,
CD player,
and more!

xXforforXx
xXforforXx
67 posts
Nomad

Playstation 3: Expensive, alot of the games have issues with guns (Uncharted: Shoot some one in the head with a shotgun at point blank range they wont die)

Well if look at it you can see that most of the bad guys in Uncharted has bullet proof helmets, you need to shoot the helmets until they fall apart or fall of their heads or whatever the helms do when the are "destroyed".
Chozo1992
Chozo1992
78 posts
Farmer

For the sake of nintendo i'll say the WII i love the fact that going online works as well as your wireless conetion to your house, SURE the PS# dose the same but iv always known my friends who have problems with it and the 360 be for noobs and rich people who have no life(no offence) SOO the WII rocks

Minish
Minish
28 posts
Peasant

I choose X360.

Of course, I have one.

It's really good, with loading games and the joystick get pretty easy to control after some days. Variety and game's graphics pwnz.

wii is nice too.

rjnumba1
rjnumba1
2 posts
Nomad

xbox 360. idk know why but wii is fun but boring fast

Owen135731
Owen135731
2,128 posts
Peasant

*cough* Been looking over a few posts... would like to clear up a few things. Opinions are your own, but no need to bull**** them.

PS3 is the game system that is actually good. It has great games. It has the best online play (and online is free). Graphics are incredible. GammaRayZ, you are wrong about DVD. An HDTV with DVD is SOOOOO different. Have you tried an HDTV with Blu-Ray? The price is pretty low for all the great things about it. It can play PS1 and PS2 games. There is no need for memory cards. The controllers are wireless. Plus the price for a PS3 is including a state-of-the-art controller. Add a headset for 20 bucks and you got ourself the best war games EVAH!!!!! (sorry but I had to misspell that)

I choose PS3.

-Contradiction in your statement is that the new, less expensive models CAN NOT play PS2 games.

-Xbox also has wireless controllers ( and no need to charge them so often)

-xbox doesn't need memory cards

-What? State of the art controller? It seems pretty average to me..

-PS3 has near no tactical gameplay...even with headset. The closest thing you will find is little kinds with voice alter who sound like the are sumo wrestlers. Besides that, near no one has a headset in the first place!

-Best online play is debatable (and I would like to

-While the GPU on the PS3 is better, it all comes down to whom the developer is. Take Bioshock 2 for example. The water textures are 10x better on the 360 compared to the ps3.

-The xbox 360 has a overall larger library, so I would think that IT has the "better" games.

PS3

Pros:
Certifiably better graphics
LittleBigPlanet
MGS4
MAG
1% chance of YLOD (XBOX 30% or more RROD)
Free Internet Games

-(copy paste)"-While the GPU on the PS3 is better, it all comes down to whom the developer is. Take Bioshock 2 for example. The water textures are 10x better on the 360 compared to the ps3."

-Littlebigplanet is an over-hyped giant piece of turd.

-(more copy paste) "-So it has lots of people...that's it? It promised full-scale war, and yet, most time you find yourselves with merely 1 vs 1 battles. Gun shots are so prominent, that you can hardly focus on which enemy is closest on you. the 256 max also caused them to cut MANY corners...Notice how when you aim down the sights, it is nearly instant? The graphics are also tend to be unimpressive, especially compared to the main hype game:MW2
The maps are also a failure...many times, I found myself playing the same map up to 5 times in a row, since there are so few maps. And don't get me started on the squad leaders; half the time I get stuck with some 9 year old who doesn't know a thing about tactical play, or even how to leader a group of people.

-YLOD is caused by an internal problem with the "glue" inside the system, over time it wears off. At first this "glue" contained small amounts of lead. But since it is banned now, the glue is not as strong. Therefore, YLOD has an incredible HIGH chance of happening at least once ever 2-3 years; So while YLOD is near guaranteed to happen when used often, RROD is merely caused by playing for about 4-6 hours straight. (and anyone who plays that much deserves to get it)

-WTF do you mean by "free internet games"?

tl;dr? Stop being so ignorant
*guarantee that some will call me ignorant*
baconboy497
baconboy497
41 posts
Nomad

i say ps3

cuz' got better graphics
FREE[b] internet yes xbox cost internet stupid .... well ps3 has uncharted 2 and lbp(little big planet) FOR ALL THE stupid ppl who think lbp is stupid they need to get a life and start playing games b4 they critize.

P$3 OWNS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rayzac33
Rayzac33
182 posts
Nomad

As one who has done some serious gaming on all three systems, I think my opinion certainly counts here. Being 15 and having no source of income, I think the free online of the PS3 definetly is a plus. I like Brawl on the wii in addition to free (but incredibly laggy) online play. The 360 has a great controller for shooting and driving games. Overall however, I will have to say that I'm going with the PS3.

MrTrogable
MrTrogable
125 posts
Nomad

I think I like the 360 the best, mainly because all my friends are on it. But then theres the issue of controllers. I REALLY don't like the ps3 controllers. They just feel really wimpy and light. I mean if I had to fight a bear, and I could choose any weapon, the 360 controller would be way up there.
But they there's the wii. It's fun, but I don't really consider it a worthy investment as the multiplayer on the wii is pretty much crap.
There's my 2 cents!!

Green12324
Green12324
4,097 posts
Peasant

I mean if I had to fight a bear, and I could choose any weapon, the 360 controller would be way up there.

Haha, I've just gotta say that the 360 controller does seem like it would be a worthy weapon to use in a fight against a bear. xD
koutsdimis
koutsdimis
1 posts
Nomad

i own an xbox360 and i believe that PS3 isn't better. the graphics are similar so it is the sound effects. in june 2010 microsoft will release project natale search it in google and youtube if you like. xbox360 live is much much better than the PS3 network much faster and has many more things to do. when PS3 released the 40GB edition cost 600$ and the xbox360 ultimate edition with hard drive 120GB only 250$ i don't undestand that.

shayneii
shayneii
2,492 posts
Peasant

when PS3 released the 40GB edition cost 600$ and the xbox360 ultimate edition with hard drive 120GB only 250$ i don't undestand that.

You should check your sources...

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother to post in this thread...
bebelu87
bebelu87
3 posts
Shepherd

comme on dudes, the Wii is the best, and there are a lot of reasons... it realy &quotumps" the blood in your hurt, because it has a lot of games that needs movement. 10 + for WII

MrZombiee
MrZombiee
2 posts
Nomad

i got a wii and a ps2 and a xbox 360, i like xbox most, i think xbox is better than ps3, because it can play some games that playstation cant, and ps3 can play some xbox 360 cant, BUT i mean xbox 360 is more simple to use, the only reason i could see to buy the ps3 is the blu ray. its just an playstation 2 with blu ray

cmb2kool
cmb2kool
378 posts
Nomad

PS3 is da best becuse online is free and has better features

Showing 691-705 of 5032