The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474040
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
ghost1237
ghost1237
1 posts
Nomad

PS3. I have a wii and the controllers suck and games suck. They constantly need to be re-calibrated. playstation network is free and xbox live isn't. Recently playstation tittles have also gotten way better with games like god of war 3, uncharted 2, infamous, resistance, and a bunch of other goods.

xXTERAFLAMEXx
xXTERAFLAMEXx
1 posts
Nomad

This is a very hard question, as all consoles are special in different ways. The Wii is good because, unlike the PS3 or the Xbox 360, you get more exercise and you get free internet. The PS3 is good because you get free internet and the games are very good. The Xbox 360 is good because the games are very good and I like the controller.

Despite all of the special qualities, I would say Wii is the best because even though it has only been out for a couple of years, millions of people have one (including me)

Please don't laugh at my choice just because the games aren't as good as the Xbox 360 or the PS3. This is because Nintendo don't have as much money as other successful game companies. As soon as the games have the same qualities as the Xbox 360 and the PS3, a lot more people will think that the Wii is best.

Thank you for reading.

jt518
jt518
2 posts
Nomad

Playstation controllers are the most awkward of the three controllers. They're too small, your thumbs bump together, the thumbsticks are convex instead of concave so it's harder to keep controll, and there's nowhere for your fingers that aren't on the L and R buttons. Xbox's are build for comfort and control with their easily palmed controllers and concave thumb sticks with the sensors of which way is left, up, right, and down. Wiis SUCK. Even Wii fit. Wiis are for show and are not for real gamers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iYBmAVuBns

True, Xbox 360's make you pay for online. But it's just like upgrading on a game from a crappy free, non-subscriber's account (Ps3) to becoming a member to a better and more satisfying subscriber account, (an Xbox 360).

My friend's PS3's disc reader messed up, and they charged him to LOOK AT IT and they COULDN'T EVEN FIX IT. And another friend of mine had a brand new Ps3 that if you bumped the shelf too hard it would freeze. And a quote from a THIRD friend: "Dude, I just got a Ps3. It froze more in the first week than my Xbox has in 3 years."

One year after my Xbox 360's warranty expired (after about 3 years), my Xbox 360 messed up for the first time. I got a red ring and couldn't play. I sent it off to Microsoft, monitored easily where it was online, and I was told to expect it in 3-4 weeks. It took 3 days, and 2 of those days were Saturday and Sunday. Sure they're Indians, but they know what they're doing, apparently. (They did spell my last name TOMBSUN when it was THOMPSON, but hey, I got my Box back)

I'm speaking from lots of experience with all three consoles. I am completely unbiased and in all honesty, the Xbox is much more user-friendly.

XBOX 360

Dman990
Dman990
4 posts
Nomad

I am a big nintendo fan, but the Wii was a let down for me. It has awesome games like "Twilight Princess" and others, but it did not improve on graphics as much as the 360 and PS3. Xbox 360 is nice but you have to pay for online playing and the system is not as user friendly as the Wii and PS3. The PS3 is the best in my choice. It does cost a little more, but you can play Blu-Ray's whereas the other systems cannot.(Wii can't even play a DVD) The PS3 also has amazing graphics, the online play is free, and the system is all around more user friendly. These put the PS3 as my choice for best system.

comrad114
comrad114
1 posts
Nomad

Xbox beats both the Wii and the PS3. I admit that PS3 has slightly better graphics and free internet, but, it feels like it is missing something in single player and online. And as for the Wii. It has the graphic capacity of an Atari, it lacks "decent" first person shooters. But the Xbox; it's online is almost flawless. The graphics are for the most part are decent. Then we have the achievements. The gamers reason to game. The Wii and the PS3 lack achievements. There is almost nothing more satifying than putting bullets into people and hearing a pleasurable ding to signify you have completed a task. The Wii and PS3 might be played by more Xbox gamers if they have achievements.

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

Xbox beats both the Wii and the PS3. I admit that PS3 has slightly better graphics and free internet, but, it feels like it is missing something in single player and online. And as for the Wii. It has the graphic capacity of an Atari, it lacks "decent" first person shooters. But the Xbox; it's online is almost flawless. The graphics are for the most part are decent. Then we have the achievements. The gamers reason to game. The Wii and the PS3 lack achievements. There is almost nothing more satifying than putting bullets into people and hearing a pleasurable ding to signify you have completed a task. The Wii and PS3 might be played by more Xbox gamers if they have achievements.

ummm xbox fanboy much..... all i can say, is with your lack of actual knowledge, and personal experiences on the ps3, all you've said is what every other fanboy has said that hasn't played a ps3. Xbox charges so much for there online, yet there microphones suck, and everyone on there sounds like some nerd that just came from a star trek convention. Hopefully its not what everyone sounds like in real life, but when you hear them through peoples t.vs they sound like the kids that have no friends. Ps3, you can hear voices as they are meant to be heard...

Second off, the only reason xbox has a huge fan base, is because the games are meant for 8 - 13 year old kids, or extremely nerdy adults. Like the fat guy playing warcraft in south park. The fact is, the price issue thing, is only a concern to you young ones, the more mature people realize that the ps3 is worth more than the xbox, hence why its priced high. Not to mention it has a blu ray player that constantly gets upgraded with each update. So yea, a product that should be worth about 1k, only costs 400-300 now.... Not to bad.

My friend's PS3's disc reader messed up, and they charged him to LOOK AT IT and they COULDN'T EVEN FIX IT. And another friend of mine had a brand new Ps3 that if you bumped the shelf too hard it would freeze. And a quote from a THIRD friend: "Dude, I just got a Ps3. It froze more in the first week than my Xbox has in 3 years."

Ummm theres youtube for a reason bud. Yea there gonna charge money to look at it, cuz they have to deal with other products too. Its just like car manufactures and dealerships bud. You got a problem, they'll take a look... But its gonna cost you because your taking there time. If he had a problem the most logical thing to do, is look on youtube. So im gonna say this story is false, or your friend needs to go back to school... When i had the YLOD on my ps3, i simply looked on youtube, and there it was... Dozens of vids showing how to do everything to fix it.

one year after my Xbox 360's warranty expired (after about 3 years), my Xbox 360 messed up for the first time. I got a red ring and couldn't play. I sent it off to Microsoft, monitored easily where it was online, and I was told to expect it in 3-4 weeks. It took 3 days, and 2 of those days were Saturday and Sunday. Sure they're Indians, but they know what they're doing, apparently. (They did spell my last name TOMBSUN when it was THOMPSON, but hey, I got my Box back)

Congrats, but ive also heard of people whose taken 2 months to get theres back. So i suppose you got lucky, or you used a fast carrier and paid more to send it in... Normally they take that as a sign as your a valued customer and make sure to get it back to you ASAP....

True, Xbox 360's make you pay for online. But it's just like upgrading on a game from a crappy free, non-subscriber's account (Ps3) to becoming a member to a better and more satisfying subscriber account, (an Xbox 360).

errr try playing online on the ps3... again a normal xbox fanboy complaint, which holds no water at all because if you actually played online with the ps3, you'd realize it had the same quality. Just without all the annoying pre teen preps and f@ggots.

Playstation controllers are the most awkward of the three controllers. They're too small, your thumbs bump together, the thumbsticks are convex instead of concave so it's harder to keep controll, and there's nowhere for your fingers that aren't on the L and R buttons. Xbox's are build for comfort and control with their easily palmed controllers and concave thumb sticks with the sensors of which way is left, up, right, and down. Wiis SUCK. Even Wii fit. Wiis are for show and are not for real gamers.

First off, you must have big thumbs.. Cuz honestly, my one "bigger" friend has no problem putting his hands on one of them. And one other question... When everysingle game involves the use of the triggers, why wouldnt u want your fingers resting on them? This has probably been the worst arguement ive heard..

wii is the best, i dont know why it has a bad reputation'

I think its a cool system, just to like play those 4 player mario type games... But its horrible because they wii motion isn't as great as it can be. It always vibrates in one spot, sometimes doesnt go exactly where your pointing... And the hardrive itself is basically a peice of crap. No offense. Just it doesn't have enough memory to play long games, instead works better with smaller games, that are kinda different. If it had a hardrive cap like ps3 or xbox it would be a competitor...

retinalicious
retinalicious
10 posts
Nomad

I believe that the Xbox 360 is better by far, but before I got an Xbox 360 I had the Playstation 2 which was great so i can't give my opinion on that but I hate the Wii

drakojan201
drakojan201
4 posts
Nomad

I agree with DragoonMaster, I have a life too, so I pick Wii. I'm a very exercising person so I love the Wii. I have the 360 and PS3 and tey're good. Mostly because of Call of Duty: Modern Warefare 1, 2, and 3. 3 is coming out soon. But I go with Wii.

drakojan201
drakojan201
4 posts
Nomad

One more thing. if the wii is for little kids, why do they have Modern Warfare on it.
Exactly.

Dref14
Dref14
366 posts
Nomad

Wii is more generated for little kids. it has some higher up game, but not to much. but the CoD games are not the same on the wii, the other 2 win that battle. I guess yo have the argument "oh you get exercise", but if your in shape that game helps you none at all and if your not in shape you can play almost every game on the chair. moving your arm a little is not a workout. and btw, i do have a wii. ( my point of all that is the PS3 and Xbox are better things to get, better online, better controls( i know i didnt mention those above, but deal with it, its true))

tswann33
tswann33
27 posts
Nomad

Wii is more generated for little kids
very true also nintendo for the most part for some reason doesnt like releasing more than one game for their top franchises on all of their game systems
noshouting
noshouting
23 posts
Nomad

I vote for PS3. Although I have tried XB360 and Wii (and they really are pretty good by the way), Sony and it's products, PS and PSP and stuff, do have really awesome games. I'm not saying that Halo in XB360 is noob and Wii Sports ain't cool. I just have a lot more faves in the PS series than the XB and Wii.

mdefense18
mdefense18
3 posts
Nomad

well obviously the wii sucks and i would prefer an xbox but you gotta pay for internet and i also like the ps3 controller alot more. ps3 can do alot more than xbox too

mdefense18
mdefense18
3 posts
Nomad

the wii games get boring wayyyy too fast unless theres wifi wich usually lags alot

freakymonkey
freakymonkey
290 posts
Nomad

i honest ly think if u want family games wii if u want alright games like little big planet ps3 but if u want awesome games like CoD WaW or MW2 go with XBOX ALL THE WAY

Showing 1096-1110 of 5032