The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474245
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
CrossViper
CrossViper
481 posts
Nomad

One point I would like to bring up:

Can people stop using the abbreviation GoW?
I'm rarely able to tell if they're talking about God of War or Gears of War.

Idk, I might just be an idiot.

iWazBord
iWazBord
1,912 posts
Nomad

One point I would like to bring up:
Can people stop using the abbreviation GoW?
I'm rarely able to tell if they're talking about God of War or Gears of War.
Idk, I might just be an idiot.

If they mention X-Box 360, Gears of War.
If they mention PS3, God of War.

Simple.
Nhoj
Nhoj
3 posts
Nomad

PS3 has good graphics, good games and good looks, that gets my vote

IJustFailedMyPants
IJustFailedMyPants
27 posts
Nomad

Well... I still haven't purchased a Playstation 3 because my newer Xbox360 hasn't RROD'ed yet though I must say Xbox 360 easily over Wii because the games for it seem like they would be way too stressful and I don;t think I would be able to get used to not using a regular controller it would just be too weird... - IJFMP

Mirmidon94
Mirmidon94
6 posts
Nomad

I vote Xbox 360.

In a ipothetic ranking:

1. Xbox 360
2. Ps3 (say thanks to Demon's Souls)
3. Wii

LittleHitter
LittleHitter
27 posts
Nomad

360 rule ps3 druils i got the 360 coz the ps3 way to expencive

Shoestring
Shoestring
152 posts
Nomad

Xbox 360! Its cheaper than a PS3, has my favorite games. Halo , L4D ,Gears!

daxflame44
daxflame44
151 posts
Nomad

PS3 ftw, most games you can get on ps3 are also on xbox but the ps3 exclusives (i.e. mgs4, inFAMOUS and uncharted, ect.) are what win me over, wii has some good titles but I don't even own a wii

mdv96
mdv96
1,017 posts
Nomad

wii sucks ps3 is a beast thats 6 words

Why does everyone hate the wii? The wii appeals to a different audience that doesn't involve CoD or Halo or any other FPS. I don't know why some people have trouble accepting that...
SosolidClaws
SosolidClaws
251 posts
Nomad

Why does everyone hate the wii? The wii appeals to a different audience that doesn't involve CoD or Halo or any other FPS. I don't know why some people have trouble accepting that...

I have Call of Duty: Modern Warfare on the Wii and it's surprisingly Fun !

Nevertheless, it is hundreds of times better on the 360.
Fall0ut
Fall0ut
128 posts
Peasant

Ps3 is expensive becouse of the 250gb hardrive and blueray and it has free internet. The xbox doesnt have free internet or blueray so i will cast my vote on ps3. Oh and wii sux my uncles hariyballs! Thats what i think of wii!

nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

K here is the reason why most people hate the wii. First off, its going to be obsolete within a couple months when xbox kinect and ps3 move come out. They will be way far advanced compared to a simple wii mote, that half the time is extremely jerky. (not to mention you have to be standing within a certain area for the wii motion to even work properly). Xbox natal and ps3 move will fix this with advanced technology, allowing for pinpoint accuracy on the ps3, and no use of a remote just the human body itself on the xbox. Therefore wiis jerky technology will become obsolete. Again it was a good idea for the wii, just had a little bit to many flaws.

Second off, wii has the most console only games out there. But 96% of those games come from a crap factory. This is because they know that making a 20 minute long game with little bunnies and teletubbies or what not, will have 5 to 6 year old kids begging mommy and daddy to buy it. And that family becomes 50 bucks poorer. The only actual decent games (of which i picked up myself) include the super mario series, metroid prime series, and that trauma panic game.

Third every actual good game out there, usual only makes it on the ps3 and xbox 360, and is normally shared between these 2 systems only. Even COD MW2. Infinity ward decided to give the wii the old school first mw instead of mw2. So basically the wii went from cod 3, to cod 5, to cod 4. Congrats.

4th, the system is horrible. The hard drive is just so bad that game producers have to make the game shorter, or have crappy graphics even in order to have the game come out for the wii. Which again makes it a pretty horrible system.

5th is the internet. A DS and PSP have better internet connections than on this system.

6th You dont need to stand up to play this system. Most games only require the jerking action, or side to side movements, which enable you to complete most tasks. So give your legs a rest, and just move your arms, and you'll still do everything fine... (exception wii fit). Again this will be fixed by project kinect, and even possibly ps3 move.

There those are 6 major reasons why people hate the wii. Like ive said before, i research things before i buy em... And its to bad my parents bought one, cuz it will be deemed useless once ps3 move comes out.

tnymeh
tnymeh
178 posts
Nomad

Second off, wii has the most console only games out there. But 96% of those games come from a crap factory. This is because they know that making a 20 minute long game with little bunnies and teletubbies or what not, will have 5 to 6 year old kids begging mommy and daddy to buy it. And that family becomes 50 bucks poorer.

You can't say that just because a game is marketed toward a younger age group, as most Wii games are, that they 'come from a crap factory'. And most younger children have a small attention span anyway, so game makers aren't going to create an epic twelve hour game.

It's the same principle if you're a fourteen year old that asks parents to buy Call of Duty. Family is poorer and kid gets a new game.
nonconformist
nonconformist
1,101 posts
Nomad

You can't say that just because a game is marketed toward a younger age group, as most Wii games are, that they 'come from a crap factory'. And most younger children have a small attention span anyway, so game makers aren't going to create an epic twelve hour game.
It's the same principle if you're a fourteen year old that asks parents to buy Call of Duty. Family is poorer and kid gets a new game.

Ive seen games marketed towards a younger age group for the xbox and for the ps3. they are actually decent games for the kids. But Im talking about the games made for the wii, that literally are just horribly made, and even the kids buying them hate it. Heres the difference. Call of duty. A pretty godly made game, where basically the genre of FPS was made from. Amazing online play, pretty fun campaign, and its a series where you can constantly come back to and still have fun. Whereas on the wii, like i said some 90% of the games are games where u play it once, then it goes in the garbage or to ebay because its just ridiculously horrible, and its a WASTE of 50 bucks.

tnymeh
tnymeh
178 posts
Nomad

But you can't say that Call of Duty is marketed toward the same age group that most of the Wii games are marketed toward. What's your example of a game on the Wii that costs $50, is marketed toward kids and is 'ridiculously horrible' enough to go into the garage after one play?

Showing 1276-1290 of 5032