The Armor Games website will be down for maintenance on Monday 10/7/2024
starting at 10:00 AM Pacific time. We apologize for the inconvenience.

ForumsGamesXbox 360 vs. Wii U vs. Playstation 3

5032 1474835
NoNameC68
NoNameC68
5,043 posts
Shepherd

This is the official Battle of the Game Systems thread. Which system do you think is top quality? Which system should never have been made? State your opinion and provide the reasons why your console is top dog!

No flaming please.
Avoid the 1-5 word answers.

• 5,032 Replies
TRSmudge
TRSmudge
2 posts
Nomad

Xbox for the win with the kinect you need no controlers at all you use your entire body plus the best things in life arnt free playstation online free,wii free, xbox live cost money thus byfar that means its better (sorry terrible speller)

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Xbox for the win with the kinect you need no controlers at all you use your entire body

The Wii first came out with this. But Sony and Microsoft decided to copy Nintendo.
The kinect is good, but Not very many games on it. I prefer the Wii with its mass amount of games without controllers. The motion for the PS3 is good too.

xbox live cost money thus byfar that means its better

Just because it cost money does not mean it's better. If I sold a new PS3 for 300 dollars and was giving away a new PS3 for free. Which one would you take?

I have to admit though the online gaming for the Xbox is pretty good. I would rather have free online though to save the money.
levimatty77
levimatty77
35 posts
Nomad

I vote for Ps3 Yo! I know, I've never played Ps3 or Wii. But Ps3 is a win for sure. Almost all Ps3 games are popular and addictive than any game console. Besides Xbox360 was famous before, But thats the past. I vote for PlayStation 3

dasflamingos
dasflamingos
7 posts
Nomad

I was thinkning ps3 up untill recently. ps3 had the free wireless but now that xbox360 has it its pretty much a tie. ps3 gets free ps network but you have to buy old games. xbox360 can play old games but you need to buy xbox live. so theres trade offs for both.
as for the wii, its poo.

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

Basically yeah. I prefer the PS3 though. I like the wireless controllers with no batteries and the idea of not having to pay for the online gaming. I like the design for the PS3 too. The new Xboxs' design just looks bad. The giant dent on the side was unnecessary to do. That just made it look worse. The disc tray is bad too. I've had some of my games scratched. The PS3s' and Wiis' disc tray are the same. I like those better then the Xbox's.

rc1997
rc1997
37 posts
Peasant

the xbox doesn't break down as much, i have had it for a couple of years and it hasn't broken down yet

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

the xbox doesn't break down as much

Really? You must be one of the "lucky" ones then. The Xbox360 has a failure rate of 42%, The PS3 with about 10% and the Wii with 2%. That proves that the Wii will last the longest, then PS3 and lastly the Xbox360.

You must've been in the other 58% for the Xbox. Unfortunately many people were in the 42% including myself.
hiyacherry
hiyacherry
426 posts
Nomad

Yep my xbox broke for the sixth time 2 weeks ago There was a problem with the disk drive and its now reocurring because The people who fixed didnt do a very good job because it worked for a monthe and then I'd have to go back to them to get it fixed again but I got a warrenty from them so it gets fixed free. But Ive finnaly given up on it so Im getting one of the new ones at christmas but the thing is Ive only had the xbox ive got now 1 and a half years ago but I still vote for xbox

GhostOfMatrix
GhostOfMatrix
15,595 posts
Herald

I gave up on Microsoft after my Xbox360 arcade(the white one) broke after 1 year of use. I didn't play it a lot. I bought it that extra fan thing. And took care of it. But it still broke.
The new Xbox360 though. My brother says it's good. But I will just wait and see what happens to his.

slipsoccer
slipsoccer
1,081 posts
Peasant

as for the wii, its poo.

Actually no it isn't, I have a Wii and its pretty fun. Just that people don't really pay as much attention to the Wii that's why the games aren't that great.
locoace3
locoace3
15,053 posts
Nomad

wow, cause my brother had his for 3 years, hasn't broken yet

oxbowcrackpot
oxbowcrackpot
1 posts
Nomad

Wii is out but Xbox and Ps3 both have their pros and cons.
The Ps3 has free internet and on the xbox you have to pay.
The exclusives dont matter because it depends what kind of games your into. The controllers the ps3 triggers are too sensitive the xbox the triggers are fine but can be better
In my opinion I go with the Xbox 360 all the way.

tonykick
tonykick
2 posts
Nomad

the xbox 360 and the ps3 are the 2 best but if you want to play with lots of people you need a xbox 360.if you want good detils you need a ps3

ageofman
ageofman
10 posts
Nomad

All three systems have separate, good and bad qualities.
PS3: PS3 has many good features, such as blue-ray, graphics, and games. The downsides is that the network tends to quit more than others, which sucks when I'm playing Warhawk and right in the middle of the game it quits.
XBOX 360: good, the graphics are also great, and the network is very reliable. Downsides is that you have to pay for it.
Wii: I think Wii is great, it finally incorporates fitness with video games. I like that you can also play two handed controller games too. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe the Wii has a online connection. That is a downside for me.

All in all, the three systems are equally matched in good and bad. But personally PS3 is better because that is what I was raised with.

KhAoSThEoRy187
KhAoSThEoRy187
3 posts
Nomad

You were raised with PS3? What were you born in 2006-2007? LOL anyway I agree with ageofman because the 360 (which I recently found out) has a WAY better online well, I wouldn't say WAY better but better in a sense because PS3's online times out a lot :S In my opinion the PS3 is 10x if that superior at everything. If you want valid points feel free to ask why.

Showing 1861-1875 of 5032